I've found some time to open up the device again and do some investigation on it.
It is very similar to this one: http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20957
- NAND Flash 4GB (Hynix H27UBG8T2ATR-BC)
- SDRAM (Winbond W9812G6GH-6) [looking on the internet is either 16MB (yuck!!) or 128MB
] The manufacturer doesn't have it on display on its products page.
- Board has the following written on it: ZX-8082D-TLSK-T-V2.9 and a date written below: 20100826
I connected the serial Tx pin to a Usb->RS232 converter, but on boot I only get garbage. Probably missed something on my setup.
The serial Rx pin cannot be connected easily, I did not find any place on the board to connect it.
Next will be:
- Fix the serial connection, so i don't get garbage.
- See how to get a copy of the firmware.
Edit: confirmed that it uses 128MB SDRAM.