Author Topic: Any hackable handhelds that are coming in 2019? (that ins't rs 97)  (Read 578 times)

cloudtf (OP)

So, I hear that the rs 97 is having some issues with firmware due to the later revisions that have been released of it's hardware.

I was wondering if there is any news regarding maybe, a new handheld that is open source or can be modded with cfw to play retro games and maybe ps1 games?

I don't know what to search to find these devices, so i would be very thankful, if somebody could tell me, how to find these devices and what words i have to use to find them.

Many thanks

Cloud

skelton

Re: Any hackable handhelds that are coming in 2019? (that ins't rs 97)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 04:41:05 pm »
Well, unless you need open source absolutely, a modified Vita can suit that needs also allow to play PSP games and Ps1 natively.
Pandora Pyra I guess will come out this year I hope. But the prize tag is very different.
Retired

blackz1982

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:04:46 pm »
Gameshell

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

gibberish

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 11:27:06 am »
The Gameshell is so close to be being perfect, but the shoulder button implementation is awful. If they ever release a landscape version of it, similar to the size and shape of the original GBA then i'd definitely get one. I still might get one anyway, but man the shoulder buttons are lame.

ADY

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 06:47:41 pm »
The Gameshell is so close to be being perfect, but the shoulder button implementation is awful. If they ever release a landscape version of it, similar to the size and shape of the original GBA then i'd definitely get one. I still might get one anyway, but man the shoulder buttons are lame.

I can't fathom why they would do that, most of the systems this thing was built for have them so why is it an add on, and why is that add on an awkward bar thing. They should have been built into the base hardware like the Retromini instead of looking like they nailed a shelf to it.

A horizontal version with proper shoulder buttons would peak my interest too.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic