Author Topic: A-380 release and specs! -- from Dingoo Technology  (Read 54764 times)

Offline dingootech

• Official Dingoo Technology Representative
A-380 release and specs! -- from Dingoo Technology
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:29:21 AM »
Friends,

Happy new year to all of you! Wish you all the best in 2011!

We will release a new console named "A-380" during the next 1 or 2 month(s). Here below is some information:

Description"

1.Games: Play games in 8 bit/16bit/32bit.Simulate PS\ MAME\ JAVA, perfectly support GBA\GBC\CPS-1\CPS-2\SNES\SNK(NEO-GEO)MVS\MD\FC\SFC\SMS(GAMEGEAR) games.

2.Wireless: With 2.4GHz wireless receiver module built-in, equipped with specialized 2.4GHz wireless game controller. Support 2 wireless controllers and 2-player gaming.

3.G-sensor:  Replace the direction buttons with gravity sensing in the car, flying games.

4.Display: TFT 3.2" WQVGA LCD(16:10), resolution 400X240.

5.AV-out :  AV-out technology gives you DVD output quality. Console can be connected with TV thus you can either enjoy playing games or watching movies.

6.Video player: Playing video directly in various formats such as RMVB,RM,AVI,WMV,FLV,MPEG,DAT,MP4,ASF.

7.MP3 player: Supports MP3,WMA,APE,FLAC,M4a audio format. Synchronous lyrics display function, multiple EQ options,3D virtual sound field, surround sound effect and play mode options. Music can keep playing while using other application.

8.FM radio: Support manual/auto channel scanning. User can save up to 40 channels.

9.Image Browser: Image browsing formats includes JPG, BMP GIF, PNG, with zoom, rotate and image slide show function.

10.E-book: Txt, html, doc, rtf formats supported. Further functions includes bookmark, auto browsing, font sizing, TTS oral reading.

11.Capacity: 4GB internal memory, support insert Micro SD(TF) card to expand capacity.

12.USB2.0 Transmission Interface: Support WIN2000/XP/VISTA/MAC/WINDOWS7 Operation System.

13.Applet: Stopwatch, Calculator.

More specification and pictures available at : http://www.dingoo.hk.

Welcome to take a look if there is any interesting, thanks.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:21:18 PM by omgmog »

Offline Nickelberryboy

Re: A-380!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:02:45 AM »
Looks cool! Nice buttons.

Where can we get it from and how much will it cost?

Thanks

Offline dingootech

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 01:35:19 PM »
Looks cool! Nice buttons.

Where can we get it from and how much will it cost?

Thanks

Thanks for the comment. You can get it from our distributors/resellers in future as before. However, it not yet available for this moment. About the cost, not confirmed yet but will not much higher than A320/A330.

Offline hi-ban

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »
I really like the pics, it seems like my old dingoo, but with greater build quality.

BUT:

-The shoulder buttons have not been improved. (i could live with that, but many people not)
-Select and Start buttons are strange... rectangular ones would have done the job better.
-AV-Out and USB could have been moved to the top side.
-G-Sensor? it will not be really useful, and only increases price.
-400x240? that will not be good for most emulators (they use 4:3 aspect)... fullscreen will be weird with that resolution. 320x240 was perfect in my opinion. Also, bigger resolution = bigger CPU power needed.
-Does it have USB-Host?
-The CPU is 500mhz... what CPU is it? does it have any VPU/GPU?

Sorry for the critics, i only try to be constructive. :-)

Offline SittButt

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »
Then if I read right ... the A380 will have Dingux on it by default ?
The console seems to be very the same from the GA330 (but with no G-Sensor) ... then did the Dingux version of the A380 will work on the GA330 ?

Offline dingootech

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »
I really like the pics, it seems like my old dingoo, but with greater build quality.

BUT:

-The shoulder buttons have not been improved. (i could live with that, but many people not)
-Select and Start buttons are strange... rectangular ones would have done the job better.
-AV-Out and USB could have been moved to the top side.
-G-Sensor? it will not be really useful, and only increases price.
-400x240? that will not be good for most emulators (they use 4:3 aspect)... fullscreen will be weird with that resolution. 320x240 was perfect in my opinion. Also, bigger resolution = bigger CPU power needed.
-Does it have USB-Host?
-The CPU is 500mhz... what CPU is it? does it have any VPU/GPU?

Sorry for the critics, i only try to be constructive. :-)

Well, thanks for the comment, buddy. We don't afraid of critics, that will make us improve.
About the ports, well, we have been tried to move them on top but it seems very ugly so we gave up.
About the USB host, so sorry for we are not able to make it available. We tried but not succed.
About the G-sensor, hmm, somebody like it, who knows? ;)
About the cpu,already 500mhz, it is JZ4755. It has vpu.
About the L/R buttons, they r improved. Not in the appearence but the internal struction.
About the stard and select buttons, so sorry if they r ugly  :D We  want to make a little difference, so ...
About the resolution, it seems ok. We tested the samples and they are not bad at all.

Tks for the questions, wish u a nice day there.

Offline dingootech

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 02:34:52 PM »
The console seems to be very the same from the GA330 (but with no G-Sensor) ... then did the Dingux version of the A380 will work on the GA330 ?
Tks for the concern. Yes, A380 will have Dingux on it  by default.
Friend, r u sure it very same from what GA330(but with no G-Sensor) ?In my opinion, even the CPU/Chip is different at all. However, if u like GA330, then go ahead for it, that is ur option. But we have no matter with Gemei, I really don't know if our system will work on its A330.

Offline zear

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 02:37:36 PM »
Yeah. Did you guys fork Dingux and add support for your hardware?
Many stuff from your specs, especially:
* screen resolution
* video formats
* wireless
* vibration
* support of certain languages
..is not supported by Dingux. This looks like you just wrote Native OS specs, but put Dingux on the list because that's the system most of the people bought Dingoo A320 for and you hope some will get tricked and buy your hardware ;)
I also want to point out that if that ends up on the box of the console and Dingux will not be able to support that features, people could sue you for selling devices that are different from the stated specs.
Just don't get me wrong, I'm not against your handheld or anything like that, I'd just like you to clarify on the specifications you have posted, because they look obviously misleading.

Also, don't forget Dingux is based on GNU/Linux and is released on GPL license, for which you'll have to release the full source code of your changes.

And best wishes for your console! ;)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:43:51 PM by zear »

Offline Harteex

• Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 02:43:01 PM »
* screen resolution
* video formats
* wireless
* vibration
..is not supported by Dingux. This looks like you just wrote Native OS specs, but put Dingux on the list because that's the system most of the people bought Dingoo A320 for and you hope some will get tricked and buy your hardware ;)
I also want to point out that if that ends up on the box of the console and Dingux will not be able to support that features, people could sue you for selling devices that are different from the stated specs.
Just don't get me wrong, I'm not against your handheld or anything like that, I'd just like you to clarify on the specifications you have posted, because they look obviously misleading.

It's most likely dual boot by default, check out the doc, it lists things like Playstation and Java which I doubt they've ported to uCos.

Offline dingootech

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 02:52:02 PM »
* screen resolution
* video formats
* wireless
* vibration

Also, don't forget Dingux is based on GNU/Linux and is released on GPL license, for which you'll have to release the full source code of your changes.

And best wishes for your console! ;)

Tks Zear... Well, to be honest, I did not understand u very well.
About linux, isn't it a open platform? We want continue to use our own OS initially, but we think it will be more convenient for u if we make it Dingux. Since we known most of u like it ...
And, did u mean the functions u listed will be not supported by our console? If yes, I don't think so, we already have some 1st edtion sample to test, they are worked fine.

Tks and wish u a good 2011.

Offline dingootech

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
* screen resolution
* video formats
* wireless
* vibration

It's most likely dual boot by default, check out the doc, it lists things like Playstation and Java which I doubt they've ported to uCos.

Tks for the comment. Well, abt PS and Java, they r not perfectly supported. But we r working on that, Java games can play but without sound, as I said we will see how to improve it.

Offline zear

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 03:02:56 PM »
Tks Zear... Well, to be honest, I did not understand u very well.
About linux, isn't it a open platform? We want continue to use our own OS initially, but we think it will be more convenient for u if we make it Dingux. Since we known most of u like it ...
And, did u mean the functions u listed will be not supported by our console? If yes, I don't think so, we already have some 1st edtion sample to test, they are worked fine.

Tks and wish u a good 2011.
Ok, to clarify it with some less-tech words:
Linux is an open platform, but the license it is released on (GPL) states that you need to release the source code for all the changes you did for it. So if you want to sell A-380 with linux (Dingux) on it, you'll also need to release the source code for it on your website or somewhere else in a public place. If you don't do that, and if someone asks you for the source code and you'll deny to release it, you'll break the law by selling illegal software. Here is the text of the Linux license: *link*
As for the functions listed in the specifications, the current Dingux version does not support g-sensor, wireless, different screen resolution, or good playback of certain video fotmats you mentioned. So it looked like the list of the functions you presented is for the Native OS (the default os that Dingoo A320 runs), but you put Dingux on the end of that list for some reason.

We as the community are very happy that you want to support Dingux, but we would also like you to clarify on some stuff we mentioned, especially making the list of features more clear to which operating system they refer to (Native OS or Dingux); and complying with Linux license.
If you can do both that things, we as the community promise to help you improve the Dingux and release many new software titles for it, just like we did with Dingux for Dingoo A320 and Dingoo Tech A330.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:50:18 PM by zear »

Offline protomank

• Rockbot Game Engine
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »
Maybe this is for good. Now people will have a very strong motive to fix some problems in Dungux like not having a global control for volume and brightness, missing a radio FM app and a decent integrated sleep mode. Also, it would be good if emulators/apps had a kind of standard for UI, currently it is a big mess, even for simple things like file-picker.

So, having it as default will make people, Dingoo Tech included, fix those issues, I hope :)
Rockbot Lead game designer.

Offline darfgarf

• Grumpy English Person
  • Posts a lot.
    • dinguxdev
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 04:06:13 PM »
fix those issues, I hope :)

no it won't, dt will throw out a barely working system, as it's less work for them, and good luck finding a dev that would standardise everything and fix all the shiny bits that aren't necessary for free

Offline protomank

• Rockbot Game Engine
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 04:10:18 PM »
Well, the Dingux version probally is the exactly same as the one in A320, so we already have (most of) the source. But finding developers, yes, it is hard.
Rockbot Lead game designer.