• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: JXD S18  (Read 57363 times)

ransec

Re: JXD S18
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2013, 12:48:02 pm »
Hi, I've registered today here looking for help :(, I bought this tablet from dx , everthing works well, wifi, android apps, mp3, but video playback just don't work, every video that I try to play freeze the tablet, even "demo.mp4" internal video.

I have another problem (maybe not so important) with stand by mode, when the tablet is in stand by mode freeze again.

I've searched in another forums and I can't find people with that kind of problems.

I've installed the last firmware even , but I have the same problems.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

p.s Sorry for my English.

ruffnutts

« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2013, 08:05:27 pm »
Hi, I've registered today here looking for help :(, I bought this tablet from dx , everthing works well, wifi, android apps, mp3, but video playback just don't work, every video that I try to play freeze the tablet, even "demo.mp4" internal video.

I have another problem (maybe not so important) with stand by mode, when the tablet is in stand by mode freeze again.

I've searched in another forums and I can't find people with that kind of problems.

I've installed the last firmware even , but I have the same problems.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

p.s Sorry for my English.

Welcome to the forum ransec ;)

have you tried to install another player like MX Player... its a good choice and the MX Arm 7 Codec its free on Google play...

Also try a factory reset its in the settings> backup & reset and do a Factory data reset and wipe the lot, and start again

ruffnutts 8)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:10:30 pm by ruffnutts »

ransec

« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2013, 11:04:56 pm »
Thank you for your help ruffnutts  :), I forget to said before that I tried with Factory data reset and MX Player, I've reset the tablet again and I uploaded a video on youtube just after the boot, here is the video:

<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20210119000129/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYdgfFLBx3U" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYdgfFLBx3U</a>

How you can see it's in original chinese language, directly to try to play a video, is really weird 'cause even youtube videos freeze the tablet.

Edit: The tablet was sent back today to Dx, I need to wait now... thank you for your help ruffnutts
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:30:09 am by ransec »

milew

« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2013, 01:06:24 am »
Last series of JXD S18 have not AMLogic SOC. This 3. series have Rockchip 2926 SOC. New is much better Soc than old one. You can see on DX customers pictures, and see that . This is S18-03-XXXX serial numbers.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:10:06 am by milew »

KryptonMod

« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2013, 05:26:58 am »
Hi guys I'm wondering is this thread still up? I'm getting a s18 and want to know about custom roms

lemmywinks

« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2013, 11:57:40 am »
I don't think there was ever one released for it, may be wrong but can't remember anything. It doesn't need a custom rom as it is basically a small media player and the stock rom works just fine for what it needs to do.

It isn't a gaming device as the screen is piezoelectric so fingers don't register as well and there is no USB OTG or TV out, for what it is the stock rom is fine. You may want to pick up a stylus for it (both resistive and capacitive types work) as it makes navigation easier, particularly if you're using XBMC.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

KryptonMod

« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2013, 05:56:58 pm »
I don't think there was ever one released for it, may be wrong but can't remember anything. It doesn't need a custom rom as it is basically a small media player and the stock rom works just fine for what it needs to do.

It isn't a gaming device as the screen is piezoelectric so fingers don't register as well and there is no USB OTG or TV out, for what it is the stock rom is fine. You may want to pick up a stylus for it (both resistive and capacitive types work) as it makes navigation easier, particularly if you're using XBMC.

Thanks, I have read if you remove the WiFi board ( A USB device in itself), you have access to the OTG pins. There also are pins for a camera and a capacitive touchscreen. The makeshift OTG is supposed to work without any powered hubs. I might wire up a female USB-A port when I get it.

KryptonMod

« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2013, 06:04:07 pm »

Thanks, I have read if you remove the WiFi board ( A USB device in itself), you have access to the OTG pins. There also are pins for a camera and a capacitive touchscreen. The makeshift OTG is supposed to work without any powered hubs. I might wire up a female USB-A port when I get it.

Adding on to what I said, I'm a avid 3DS/DS hacker and developer, so I have 20 DS styluses around.

bamboori (OP)

« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2014, 05:52:44 pm »
"RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!"

does anybody still have the original firmware? (S18-01-x)
i messed up the lcd density and now my launcher crashes all the time, not letting me access any apps.
i tried setting up my google play account for syncing, but it doesnt work (its not even shown in my devices).

do you guys have any tips how to fix this if nobody has the firmware or if reflashing it doesnt work?
Handhelds:
Powkiddy V90, FC3000, X2, LDK vertical, PMP IV, RS-90...

jon cash

« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2014, 09:00:47 pm »
Hello all,

I am a new user over here. Just joined as Im in the search for the perfect rom for my jxd s18 v1, which have not had any good results. Although i find the s18 unique, like an android ipod touch, the performance, battery wise, has been a letdown. I find that the battery drains in two and a half hours or so. Tried skelrom and paulrom for the s601, however the touch screen wasnt recognized. And the bootloader seems to be locked, noticed this when Ivtried editing the update.zip n trying to flash it. I even tried the sysctl.conf mod in xda-developers, without success. I plan to use this as my pda and media player, so I do require a longer battery life. Even some build.prop tweaks couldnt help. Anyone able to advise or assist? Thanks in advance.

--

jon cash

« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2014, 06:44:57 pm »
hi bamboori,
saw your post regarding the s18 v1 firmware.
I believe that is the same version that came with my s18-01. However, I notice that on the original firmware, the battery life was just horrible. The second version is just the same, however when you're at 25% and below, the battery seems to last a little longer.
And there seems to be a download called "S18 Preloaded Content", but after downloading that large file, I don't see any system files. Maybe you can send jxd an email.

Thanks and regards.
jon

bamboori (OP)

« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2014, 11:31:50 am »
sorry, afaik there is no custom firmware for the jxd s18.
however since it has root, you can clean up the device a little by yourself ;)
remove unnecessary apps (i dont remember if it had a phone.apk),
change settings in build.prop and underclock it via setcopu or a similar tool (i came to like antutu cpu master).
however i dont know if you can use audio equalizers with the s18. didnt use it for a long time.
Handhelds:
Powkiddy V90, FC3000, X2, LDK vertical, PMP IV, RS-90...

jon cash

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2014, 09:12:29 pm »
hi bamboori,
was cracking my head trying to figure out how to get this done, especially regrading battery life.
I tried the tweaks on xda developers by using the init.d option. And I'm sure that I'm getting better battery life now. Do refer to the screenshots.
By the way, I'm still unsuccessful in trying to build my own modified jxd s18 rom I keep getting thev"verification failed" error.

jon cash

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2014, 09:28:23 pm »
p/s: though I'm puzzled as to why after giving it a full charge last night and letting it sleep, there was still a drop in battery life from 100 to 85%.
by the way, the link is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1227269

jon cash

« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2014, 07:00:17 pm »
Dear everyone,
now im having problems booting up after i re-flashed the firmware. Seems that when i press the power button, all i get is the jxd logo. Nothing else happens. I cant even enter recovery mode. I can upgrade uboot though. If i try to reinstall the firmware, still nothing happens.
Please advise. Thanks

Post a new topic