Author Topic: The Introductions Topic  (Read 42446 times)

joepie91

Re: The Introductions Topic
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 11:44:46 am »
Hey, joepie91 here. I've just got my Dingoo for a few weeks, but I've been looking at it for months (no money to buy one, you know the story).
In my spare time I'm a webdesigner/webdeveloper and a software developer as well (VB.net). Learning C++, currently working on a Nintendo DS game, and a Dingoo game will be following shortly afterwards for sure. Even though I'm 18, still in high school (HAVO, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_the_Netherlands#Havo) due to 'circumstances'. Will be doing IGAD (International Game Architecture and Design) at the NHTV in Breda, Netherlands after the HAVO. Oh, and I have a part-time job at a railway station food kiosk, working about 13-24 hours a week. Yeah, I'm quite busy... Anyway, I've always been very active on the internet, moderating and administrating several forums over the years (of which some large forums), I know the netiquette and generally I can behave myself just fine :)

Bah, that was a little bit about me. Oh yeah, and sometimes I develop software in Casio BASIC for the Casio fx-9860G graphic calculator.

strider_mt2k

• Dingoo Scene-Voice of the Dingoo Revolution!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 05:57:05 pm »
Oh dear i didn't notice this thread until now.

Hi! I'm strider_mt2k
Name is Mike!
I'm a Dingoo fan and hardware hacker as you've seen on the boards already.
I've been in various technical fields all my life, although lately I've been idling working in retail for Radio Shack.

I've been in and out of gaming on portables and consoles but have been a devout PC gamer since Wolfs, Dooms, and Quakes.
Current poison is Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

I'm more of a hardware guy than a software guy so my fellow Dingoo enthusiasts have helped me out quite a bit and continue to do so!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Toshiba Excite 10 AT300
Ouya!

Kronus (OP)

• * Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 07:21:51 am »
Welcome joepie91 and strider to Dingoonity! Please Enjoy your stay.
"I'm happy to serve the Dingoo Community!"

Kalisiin

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 08:46:32 pm »
Well, I guess I'll drop in and make a little "hello" out there!!  38 year old Dingoo fangirl here...started out with the DS and DSi and GBA...and quickly discovered that the Dingoo beats them all, hands down!!

Heck, the only thing I have found yet that Dingoo won't emulate is NDS, and that's probably never gonna happen, since NDS has 2 screens and Dingoo has only one.

Got over 160 MAME games working on the Dingoo, now, plus a ton of NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Gear, Coleco, Atari Lynx, CPS, GBA, GBC, GB, Homebrew...you name it, I got a bunch of it on my Dingoo, and I think that's great, because, for me, I like my portable game system to really BE portable!!

Not to mention the other cool stuff the Dingoo offers...the radio, the music player, the digital voice recorder...damn lot of stuff packed into 80 bucks, let me tell ya...that's why I'm a fan!!

Heck, I even found that I have a legitimate business purpose for using the Dingoo...the digital voice recorder part...so I can even buy them and charge them to my business, instead of paying for them myself, LOL  (Of course, as the business owner, I'm still paying for them...)

Doesn't matter that it CAN be used to play games (and often is) the fact also is that it is used for a legitimate business purpose.

How too cool is that?

Anyway, now that I have intro'd myself, and expressed my undying love for the Dingoo, I think I'll shut up now and let someone else talk....hopefull will make a few friends here...and the dingoo community looks like where I want to be, since that is the device I think is totally the best!!

I even found a store, based in N. America...where you can get accessories and replacement parts now, for the dingoo...as well as actually order Dingoos.  No more having to go thru Hong Kong and three weeks of shipping if this particular supplier turns out to be legit...will keep ya posted!!

Bye for now....

joepie91

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 09:45:19 pm »
Doesn't matter that it CAN be used to play games (and often is) the fact also is that it is used for a legitimate business purpose.
Is that tax-deductible, by any chance? :P

Kronus (OP)

• * Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 11:29:28 pm »
Welcome Kalisin!

Keep your posts clean and please enjoy your stay here, at Dingoonity!

Kalisiin

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 03:45:46 am »
Is that tax-deductible, by any chance? :P

Well, I am not sure that it could be claimed as tax-deductible, since it also is being used for personal use.  I'm not even going to try, the IRS is pretty persnickety, and 80 bucks isn't much of a write-off, really.

Kalisiin

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 03:47:34 am »
Welcome Kalisin!

Well, thanks a lot, you just knocked out 90 percent of my vocabulary!! :D
I hope it will be good here, I only wish I could program so that I could contribute as much as I'm likely to be asking for help, LOL

I only know how to code in PHP.

Rebelphoenix

• Critical Indie Gamer
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 03:50:33 am »
Welcome Kalisin!

I hope it will be good here, I only wish I could program so that I could contribute as much as I'm likely to be asking for help, LOL

You got me beat I only know how to code in Konami games...

Kalisiin

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 07:39:37 am »
Welcome Kalisin!

You got me beat I only know how to code in Konami games...

Well, I don't know how to do that...maybe we could teach each other.

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 10:35:55 pm »
up up down down left right left right b a start  ;D

Kalisiin

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 11:37:08 pm »
+ 1 karma for making me laugh.

Kronus (OP)

• * Former Staff
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 05:57:37 am »

No jokes, that is the Konami code, by the way.

;D

Kalisiin

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 06:27:27 am »

No jokes, that is the Konami code, by the way.

;D

I know...it's a cheat code.  I did not realize that THAT was the sort of coding he was talking about, at first.  That's what made me laugh....I realized he was talking about a cheat code...not about coding programs!!

rekmk1

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 08:54:28 pm »
hi folks i am rekmk1 from manchester and  have owned my dingoo for over 1 month now (bought it from auction site for 50)and am currently loving smsggoo for wonderboy in monsterland.

Post a new topic