Author Topic: XBOX 360 MOD.... Has anybody done it?  (Read 4198 times)

thorn_1983 (OP)

XBOX 360 MOD.... Has anybody done it?
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:44:42 pm »
Hi guys, I am thinking about modding my X360 to play backup software (all that I legally own of course).  I was going to go with the most common method of flashing the X360 HDD with the new firmware to play the backups.  Obviously I need to purchase the specific DVD Drive and software to make the backups but that is not really altering the X360 in any way. 

I am aware that when connecting to live with backup games can cause problems and get you booted out of LIVE for good, but I am a solo player, so LIVE doesn't really get used all that often unless I want to download a game from arcade.  So i suppse my question is, are there any other issues that people have had with the new firmware to play backup X360 games.

Cheers
So far....
NES, Master System, Lynx, Mega Drive, Mega CD, SNES, 3DO, Playstation, Saturn, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, XBOX, X360, PS3, Wii.....  And best of all... A320.

Rebelphoenix

• Critical Indie Gamer
Re: XBOX 360 MOD.... Has anybody done it?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 03:07:30 am »
If you want to mod your console, forget about live entirely. Don't even go on for arcade games. Unless you have two 360s.

Fennster

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 03:19:20 am »
I'm in China, and my console was modded on purchase. No problems here -- though I haven't yet tried xbl. I'm a bit worried I might get booted based on my IP address location alone. I don't think the XBOX is officially supported here.

But to answer your question, no problems with backup games!

Shaylen

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 08:04:02 pm »
I dont think it'll matter if you just go onto Live to get downloadable games.  If your xbox is modded you'll most likely get kicked from Live all together.  Including getting DLC.

Flavio Bello

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 05:44:27 pm »
Mod edit: Dingoonity does not condone the discussion of piracy
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:11:46 pm by Harteex »
ROCK'N ROOOOOOOLLLL!!!