• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Underground Throne - The spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper  (Read 18355 times)

theweirdn8 (OP)

Underground Throne is inspired by one of the games that inspired MineCraft.

Support our Kickstarter! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pawbyte/underground-throne?ref=dingoonity.org

When EA converted one of the best games ever made into a mobile Free-To-Play experience there was much uproar. Not because of a general hatred for FTP, but because they released a game to single handedly ruin a franchise. Dungeon Keeper a RTS game evolved into a cheap experience that requires hour on end to dig out one block. Imagine a Free-To-Play Minecraft that required 10 hours to forge one item. So my team decided to make a legit traditional RTS heavily inspired by Dungeon Keeperr.

There are stretch goals for the GCW-Zero and OpenPandora, but the main campaign is for a PC/Mac/Linux combo.

Here are some screenshots:

Please support our campaign and help spread the word through social media as well.

Thanks

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
Re: Underground Throne - The spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 02:02:50 pm »
$100.000? Don't want to be rude, it's nice to see another mention of console on Kickstarter, but it's very likely that you are overestimating the presentation's appeal and current installation base of GCW Zero.

theweirdn8 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 02:48:16 pm »

IF we reach that stretch goal I will be happy, but please note to port to the GCW-Zero it will require us to build a new engine and redo tons of graphics... This engine will be pretty difficult to create, so that is why it is so high.

Yes, the install base of the systems are not the highest either; but it is a stretch goal.

theweirdn8 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 04:16:49 am »
20 days remaining.

We can do it, together!

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 06:52:27 am »

IF we reach that stretch goal I will be happy, but please note to port to the GCW-Zero it will require us to build a new engine and redo tons of graphics... This engine will be pretty difficult to create, so that is why it is so high.
And why would you need a different engine and new graphics? Unless you're using Game Maker or write in x86 assembly I see no reason why you would need a new engine.

theweirdn8 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 11:45:05 am »

The current build is in Game Maker....

theweirdn8 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:22:24 pm »
Alert,

If all goes well this will be back on KickStarter with a new build via the new Paw Byte Game Pencil Engine tech.

I do not think the gcw0 screen resolution will be big enough for this game, but the open pandora may be...

Fluxchar

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 01:39:57 pm »
so this is dead right?

Tairetsu

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 01:52:42 pm »
What a shame that this is dead, it looked pretty neat, especially if it would of gotten ported to the GCW and the Pandora.

theweirdn8 (OP)

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 06:42:40 pm »
Sorry been loong gone. Project isn't dead, just slowed down by gamepencil engine upgrades.

Post a new topic