Author Topic: Region locked games XBOX 360  (Read 2773 times)

zhongtiao1 (OP)

Region locked games XBOX 360
« on: September 26, 2014, 06:08:22 pm »
Is it possible to run region-locked games on an XBOX 360 if you change the locale in the settings to a country within the region lock? I really want to play IHF Handball challenge 14, but I don't live in Europe.

Melquiades

Re: Region locked games XBOX 360
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 11:28:32 am »
Not at all. It is impossible and I don't think there are any action replay or similars allowing region free play.

In the old times you could get any import playing on a Dreamcast, GC,... now it is impossible unless you cross the legal line, which I wouldn't recommend given the already skyhigh failure ratio of the 360...

Doggydogg

Re: Region locked games XBOX 360
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 09:45:22 pm »
Jtaggged xbox 360 will do what you want + emulators and just like everything else as long as you have a paid for copy of your game I don't think anyone will come knocking your door because you have actually paid for your game legitimately  . Microsoft won't come knocking for modifying the 360 .  It's just like using  custom firmware on any other device , Only problem is you cannot play on xbox live it will kill the console as soon as it connects ! You can however still play online with other jTag or RGH users ;)
For me , I have a jTagged xbox 360 for offline play and I had one for online play which I upgraded to xbox one as soon as it released ! Best of all worlds eh ?  Call me a geek but I had a big collection of games from when I was a kid from different platforms and kept them all ,so I like to use them with emu's But It's hard to find a taggable 360 these days tho or one suitable for reset glitch hack . Anything with dash 7371 or below can jTag , I'm not sure which old dash can be used with RGH but basically the xbox must have never been updated online .  JTAGGING or RGH is not illegal , but how you use it  may be .
   " ie game piracy " IS illegal   But custom firmware are not .   So if you wanted to use a modified 360 for different region games I couldn't see a problem with it
Also , I think you can change your 360 region settings but you will not be able to change back . It's been a while since I've been on the 360 forums years in fact .
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:59:49 pm by Doggydogg »
Always piss downwind :)

Post a new topic