• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: DS opinions?  (Read 5179 times)

ZeroX (OP)

DS opinions?
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:33:45 pm »
I am thinking about getting DS lite. I just wonder if the games are so special or so different from GBA games, that this would be good move. 

3DS is coming, and propably DS will be discontinued in near future. Should I get DS now, or wait for some future handheld device, which possibly could emulate DS? What do you think?

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
Re: DS opinions?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:01:46 pm »
I'd say wait for the 3DS to come out, for two reasons:

1 - You might like it better and not want to bother with a DS lite.

2 - The price of the DS lite will most likely drastically drop in price once the 3DS is mainstream.

A friend of mine in Japan has tried the 3DS and says it's awesome. He said the 3D effect is very convincing, much better than he anticipated.
The only catch being you need to look at the screen dead on, look at the screen at an angle and you lose the 3D effect. I don't think this is a big deal, you tend to always be looking at the screen dead on with a hand-held console anyhow.

lemmywinks

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 05:30:11 pm »
Yeah you're best getting a 3DS, they can also play DS games so you're sorted on that front, unless cost is an issue that is.

If you really want a DS and can't stretch to a 3DS then i'd wait a bit, pretty soon there'll be quite a few used DS consoles as lots will be sold to make way for it's successor.

I think i'll be selling mine soon, the lure of Starfox and Zelda OOT in 3D is becoming too much!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

ZeroX (OP)

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 07:52:49 pm »
Thx for advice. Maybe I should wait. But DS lite is now on sale here, -40% off. I am tempted to get it, because:

- DS lite's battery lasts longer than 3DS's in ds mode.
  -3DS will be more expensive.
  -Some people complain, that 3DS backward compatibility has problems, DS games don't look the same.

Trevor Belomont

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 01:47:49 pm »
I would get them both. If you're in the states, your town probably has a Craigslist, which is like an online flea market. These days, people are selling all kinds of great things, sometimes in great condition, in a bundle and at dirt cheap prices. I just got a DSi for $55 and a DS Lite for $40, almost new, barely played, cause the guy selling them was short on rent... His loss, my gain...

And with an new R4 card or two, you will be so busy with your new toy, that you won't even notice when the 3DS becomes "old hat"... haha

Oh dear, i just realized how old the post is, how is the past back there? The future's so bright, you gotta wear shades... ;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:52:01 pm by Turkish »