Author Topic: Yet another 7800b charging issue.  (Read 1767 times)

stegoo (OP)

Yet another 7800b charging issue.
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:38:24 pm »
Hi,

I received my JXD 7800s from Geekbuying today. I'm happy with the device, seems to do all I need.
However, whenever I connect the charger (or A charger for that matter) the battery indicator/system will say 'charging'. But the battery percentage does not rise. I tried an Ipad charger, the charger that came with it, an HTC charger... all putting out 5v and 1-2.1A.

The funny thing is that apparently the battery level doesn't seem to drain anymore either, according to the indicator. I had it sitting at 8% for an hour while playing different games.

When I got it out of the box I had 75% battery left. After a while I rebooted and had 68% left. Then I switched it off. Connected a charger, only to notice the battery at 8%. After another reboot (quite some time later) it went to 50%, then another reboot and 45%.

I'm wondering if my battery is actually charging or if the battery indicator is going nuts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

crispy

Re: Yet another 7800b charging issue.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 08:28:56 pm »
its hard to say for sure but I bet its the battery indicator
mine will sit on a percentage for a while then suddenly it drops 20-30
many people say that the indicator is very inaccurate
be afraid...be very afraid

stegoo (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:47:07 pm »
Hi,

It seems the battery finally went to 0%.
I'm trying to charge it as we speak. A 2 amp 5v adapter. (I used a multimeter to check)

I kept it charging for 15 mins. I see the battery charging icon moving. However, I can not get the device to boot.
Is briefly displays JXD and then goes back to the battery charging icon.

I'm starting to fear I have a faulty battery. I've sent a mail to geekbuying, so I hope they reply. Shame really, I really kinda liked the unit...

Bargaintuan

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 04:05:58 am »
I would give it a couple of hours. With the battery indicator as inaccurate as it is, it might not let you boot with only fifteen minutes of charging.

stegoo (OP)

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 06:08:36 pm »
Hmm. After switching it on without the charger and then quickly connecting the charger, I got the device to boot. After some fiddling around with chargers I got the tablet to be fully charged... Only I see the battery drain to 1% within a minute.

I carefully removed the back from the unit and measured the battery. It was only putting out 3.2V. So I guess it really is not charging. Be it a bad battery or he charging circuit being faulty.

As long as I keep the charger connected, the tablet will remain functional.

An ideas how I can see if the problem is really the battery or if the unit itself is faulty?

Thanks!

Post a new topic