Author Topic: [LAUNCHER][S7300] XPMB Porting - Development topic  (Read 12251 times)

Vektor (OP)

[LAUNCHER][S7300] XPMB Porting - Development topic
« on: April 09, 2013, 07:39:35 pm »
Mod note: This topic was split from another topic.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b5h6wz8fe0xmojm

here you can have a little preview, it's just a proof of concept, it works but for example it takes ages to load the roms list.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:23:15 am by Vektor »

Damedus

Re: XMB launcher for Android
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 09:18:13 pm »
according to Rolando is something about the way the code was written and hes doing some changes and tests, lets hope he replies soon with his findings or we find a different method to load the xml game-list that doesn't have that lag delay
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 09:59:59 pm »

here you can have a little preview, it's just a proof of concept, it works but for example it takes ages to load the roms list.

This is badass. Will we be able to rearrange normal apps into categories, or are they fixed somehow?

Vektor (OP)

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 10:15:09 pm »

This is badass. Will we be able to rearrange normal apps into categories, or are they fixed somehow?

With the original source it simply lists all the available applications. I don't think that will be hard to add such feature, but didn't have much time to look well at the sources. Tomorrow I'll meet a friend of mine and together we'll study the code and try to do some edits.  :D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:28:37 pm by Vektor »

Vektor (OP)

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 06:55:14 pm »
<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20190317001008/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1RCu8T6R1I" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1RCu8T6R1I</a>

now we have a base to work on. we'll soon add other consoles support and make some performance improvements :)

gfx will be changed i guess, we don't want to get sued by sony  ;D ;D

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:12:10 pm »
now we have a base to work on. we'll soon add other consoles support and make some performance improvements :)
Great! Looks real awesome.
I doubt Sony will sue over a few icons and a background :p I'd rather you leave it in, really, with other assets it wouldn't look quite as good as it does.

Damedus

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 12:28:17 am »
Great! Looks real awesome.
I doubt Sony will sue over a few icons and a background :p I'd rather you leave it in, really, with other assets it wouldn't look quite as good as it does.
wallpapers are set on the actual launcher for the device so that is up to the user :) what we ment was its best  to use themes integration so you can use any ps3/psp theme available on the web while the default is one created so we avoid sony's bad side. That wouldn't impose you from using the stock psp look tho. its great tho that is sorted out the crc method for game loads not taking ages(zipped games now are below 100ms) we were discussing other ways but everyone uses crc and now that its usable its just about adding some missing consoles to it and centering the dam thing and increasing the size aura a bit(jxd is about 1.5 times a psp screen-wise) in the end it feels like you get the retroarch funtionality(all emus on 1 app) but with a graphical interface(since the goal is for the games to read and d/l boxart covers(like gnes)) in the end its a psp themed launcher restricted to being a frontend(so like you asked before you can use it but you keep your desired android launcher)  should work(abeit emulators being friendly because not all allow it) with most popular consoles and also launch android apps like if they were psp games. Dunno if its feasible timewise to develop a icon pack for the most popular android games so that they have a psp icon look for that game and a background, but if vek doesn't change the load structure of the xml base (due to compatibility it depends on this) its posible to load a icon.png and a background.png per named instance into xml layout so they show when the named apk is in focus.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

Null

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 03:28:30 am »
This is great!

Digiray

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 10:26:53 am »
This looks like a really cool project  ;D

I wish I knew a bit about coding so I could lend a hand but unfortunatly, I don't...

Just a question: Is this project for the 7300 or will it be useable on the 5110/5300/602/etc devices??

Damedus

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 11:18:16 am »
This looks like a really cool project  ;D

I wish I knew a bit about coding so I could lend a hand but unfortunatly, I don't...

Just a question: Is this project for the 7300 or will it be useable on the 5110/5300/602/etc devices??
the code itself was a base for other device, the goal is to add full frontend capabilities. It should work on all devices with minor changes, due to the use of the built in gamepads to work it would need to be ported to devices that don't use the same scheme id. But once its fully stable and working we plan to add touch gestures too so it works on units without physical buttons so the technical answer is yes it would work globally as-long as the unit supports the adapted list of emulators. Other than that im not sure if all jxd's share the same control id since I only own a few of the 7300 units.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

strider_mt2k

• Dingoo Scene-Voice of the Dingoo Revolution!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 11:22:13 am »
This looks really cool.

Best of luck guys!
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Toshiba Excite 10 AT300
Ouya!

Damedus

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 11:23:06 am »
Thanks, vek got a friend of his interested too so the progress speeds up a bit quite nicely :)
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

Vektor (OP)

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 12:21:45 pm »
I wish I could port it to every device, but when we'll have done some progress we will surely need testers with other devices than s7300 , i only own that  :)

ClawShrimp

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 01:37:13 pm »
This is exactly the kind of thing I'd love to see on this device.

I'll be following this thread very closely :)
Proud owner of
Sony Xperia Play - JXD S5110 - JXD S603 - JXD S5100 - JXD S7300 - JXD S7800B - GPD G5A

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

Digiray

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 01:39:04 pm »
Well count me in for testing!!

And if any files are needed for the screen res or keypad layout, I can pull them from my S5110 no problem  :)

I'll keep my eye on this thread for updates and tests

bamboori

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 01:48:04 pm »
ive got a question regarding the emulators: are we restricted to a specific one or can we use any emulator we like to?

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 02:48:10 pm »
ive got a question regarding the emulators: are we restricted to a specific one or can we use any emulator we like to?
It probably uses the system default for the selected filetype. You know when you try to open a file, it'll ask you what to open with. The top one is the default program to handle the filetype.

Vektor (OP)

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 03:14:55 pm »
It probably uses the system default for the selected filetype. You know when you try to open a file, it'll ask you what to open with. The top one is the default program to handle the filetype.

At the moment it is forced to use one preset emulator (oid series), so it is in the original source. The development is going on very slowly, but firstly we want to add support for all the main consoles and add automatic download for covers  :) then we'll focus on emulators because each one works differently and it's quite complicated to open a rom if it's not in zip format. Our aim is to grant 100% support for zip and raw rom format, so probably will come a emu compatibility list and in the future we wish to be able to have 7-zip compatibility.

Confirmed: Only oid emus work properly, I couldn't get mupen64+-AE to work, nor snes9x. Retroarch I didn't test since some platforms have the black screen bug. I tried to contact robert broglia , let's see if he answers.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:29:57 am by Vektor »

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 12:33:13 am »
Confirmed: Only oid emus work properly, I couldn't get mupen64+-AE to work, nor snes9x. Retroarch I didn't test since some platforms have the black screen bug. I tried to contact robert broglia , let's see if he answers.
Weird, do these other emulators normally support receiving arguments via argv? In theory any emulator that can load a rom from argv should work in this manner unless they're somehow being launched in another way.

Vektor (OP)

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 01:00:28 am »
Weird, do these other emulators normally support receiving arguments via argv? In theory any emulator that can load a rom from argv should work in this manner unless they're somehow being launched in another way.

Yes and no. In oid emus there's a workaround that lets you bypass the main gui and makes you directly launch the emulator ui with the choosen rom. I found something like this on mupen64+ too, but there's a mess of packages and components names/paths. I didn't try retroarch since some platforms (turbografx-16 overall) have that boring black screen bug caused by gfx libraries, so as last resort i mailed Robert Broglia to see if his emus can autolaunch roms.
There could be a way to load inside emus but only if .zip and not raw rom format, but of course  I mainly want raw rom support too. That's because emus should declare in their manifest an intent-filter to handle raw extensions, they instead decided to do it only inside the emu, for some reason they don't like rom autolaunch from external apps.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:17:17 pm by Vektor »

Post a new topic