Author Topic: Very tinny sound through headphones (S7800)  (Read 2842 times)

kristianity77 (OP)

Very tinny sound through headphones (S7800)
« on: January 18, 2014, 03:56:53 pm »
Ive tried a few different sets of headphones on the S7800 and everything is the same.  The output is quite tinny, no depth, no bass at all.  I know the headphones are way better than what is being delivered so must be the system.

My question is, can you do anything about the sound output.  Are there any apps out there which can sort of give an equaliser effect but not just for media players.  Maybe a root app that allows you to change things?
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

lemmywinks

Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Bargaintuan

Re: Very tinny sound through headphones (S7800)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 04:46:47 pm »
I had that problem once, and I simply needed to press the plug in a bit. It almost sounded like a karaoke filter was being put on my music. Make sure you're pressing yours in good. But not hard enough to break anything, of course. ;)

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 05:14:52 pm »
There are a few eq apps that claim to be global, not sure how they work though:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer&hl=en_GB
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hbstudios.dspmanagerfree&hl=en_GB

Magic!  The first app does exactly what I wanted.  Gives a little bit more a kick to emus through headphones! ;D
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

darklight1138

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 05:15:46 pm »
I've got a cheap pair of Sony studio monitors that are old and have been used a lot. I tried them out a few days ago and it sounded great. Sorry, doesn't help you out but though I'd add that, just so it isn't thought to be every unit.
GP2X Wiz
GPH Caanoo
Yinlips YDPG16
JXD S7800b (WebClaw 116.5 ROM)
Sony PSP-3000

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 05:25:31 pm »
I've got a cheap pair of Sony studio monitors that are old and have been used a lot. I tried them out a few days ago and it sounded great. Sorry, doesn't help you out but though I'd add that, just so it isn't thought to be every unit.

Oh dont get me wrong it works fine, I dont think there is a fault anywhere its just that the audio out of the headphone port is quite flat (to me anyway).  I could output it to my amp and then let the amp mess with the sound and it was totally fine.  Obviously though a set of in ear headphones can only output what the device sends so I just needed something in android to control it.  Id tried loads of apps which would allow you to change things with regards to media players etc, but they didnt make a difference within the andoid system itself.  The two apps above both work really well.
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

darklight1138

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 05:35:19 pm »
I see. I think I'll try those apps myself.
GP2X Wiz
GPH Caanoo
Yinlips YDPG16
JXD S7800b (WebClaw 116.5 ROM)
Sony PSP-3000

Kev7112001

• !
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 01:29:51 am »
Ive tried a few different sets of headphones on the S7800 and everything is the same.  The output is quite tinny, no depth, no bass at all.  I know the headphones are way better than what is being delivered so must be the system.

My question is, can you do anything about the sound output.  Are there any apps out there which can sort of give an equaliser effect but not just for media players.  Maybe a root app that allows you to change things?

maybe the headphone amp is bad

Kev7112001

• !
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 01:30:45 am »
these devices are made as cheap as possible with no quality check

Post a new topic