• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: JXD S7800 TWRP Unofficial 2.7.0.0 Recovery  (Read 18207 times)

Kliurkis (OP)

JXD S7800 TWRP Unofficial 2.7.0.0 Recovery
« on: February 23, 2014, 04:04:00 pm »

Hi, i am just a tester and testing twrp builds for this device. Enjoy touch recovery !

Remember ! JB TWRP is for JB and KitKat TWRP is for KitKat !

Specially Thanks to Abdul_pt for porting this recovery for our device ! For more details, quostions, feedback's visit Abdul's Thread

All credits for this should got to Dees Troy and all TeamWin members.
Abdul_pt - compiled their sources for JXD S7800.

Like i sad i'm just a tester and don't ask, report me about bugs. You can do this in author thread.

Team Win Recovery Project 2.6, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features.  It?s a fully touch driven user interface ? no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash.  The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able.  You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0
- Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar- Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
- Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
- Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
- Text wrap in the console output
- Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
- Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
- Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
- Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
- Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
- Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
- Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
- Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
- USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
- Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
- Add 4.4 AOSP decrypt support
- Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
- Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes
-more...

DOWNLOAD:

Jelly Bean TWRP FOR JXD 7800

KitKat TWRP FOR JXD 7800

INSTALLIATION:

Read about that in this post.

2) You can use one of the Rockchip's flashing tool's. On the flashtool select the recovery.img of your choice, confirm offset location, if you are uncertain use the same parameter file that you used to flash the Rom. Connect the device in bootloader mode to the PC, DON'T ERASE IDB, and press Run. Enjoy.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:49:28 pm by Kliurkis »
JXD S7800B KitKat. TWRP - Custom theme.
Buy me some pot, if i helped.

Kliurkis (OP)

Re: Unoficial TWRP 2.6.3.0 for JXD S7800
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 04:05:40 pm »
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7lr3bo47fbk0iba/TWRP_JDX_s7800_LegacyFB_USB.img Fixed usb mount issue ! Don't know how long this link will be available.  8)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:37:50 pm by Kliurkis »

Kliurkis (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 10:39:34 pm »
Nobody tryed yet ?

hippy dave

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 10:06:09 pm »
Thanks for sharing! Grabbed to try it later. I'm in the habit of using CWM, but TWRP is nice.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 06:17:32 pm »
getting ready tp play with this, any thing new I should know since your last post before I give it a go?

Kliurkis (OP)

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 06:31:03 pm »
getting ready tp play with this, any thing new I should know since your last post before I give it a go?

it's still not stable, he will put test build today... So u can wait or help to test.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 06:43:04 pm »
unstable how? i need to get a custom recovery up so I can do full backups.
So is it stable enough for that or should I look at CWM?

Kliurkis (OP)

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 06:51:36 pm »
i suggest cwm for now.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 05:27:45 am »
hey kliurkis how are you flashing recovery?

I went looking for a copy of CWM and found
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://manguiro.blogspot.ru/2013/11/review-parte-13-primeras-impresiones.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://manguiro.blogspot.ru/2013/11/review-parte-13-primeras-impresiones.html%26biw%3D1517%26bih%3D741

It came with flash_image but It's not doing a damn thing for me.
It pauses for a few seconds (what seems like an appropriate time to write a file of that size) and then it drops back to command line, with no indication that it did anything, failure or success.

I tried it over ADB and also in terminal on the tablet, no difference.
I reboot back to recovery and It's still stock.

I tried the CWM on that page, TRWP img you posted, and even hunted down a generic ramdisk version of CWM none of them seem to flash so I guess I've got a problem elsewhere.

I had read that some devices have recovery restoration on boot but that does'nt seem to be the case here.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 07:33:54 am »
OK nvm I got it working.
Apparently I needed to specify full path to flash_image

I tossed it in system/xbin and was trying to execute it from there

[email protected]:/system/xbin # flash_image recovery /mnt/sdcard/cwm.img

Ah, but it was'nt having none of that.. had to toss a ./ on the front.
LOL Im use to DOS prompts.... any way..

That CWM the guy posted in that review page works but USB mounting of sdcard/flash for host PC does'nt do a damn thing.

I ended up using a generic ramdisk recovery found here:
http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3188/

Seems to work, however it has a problem as well.
The one posted by the guy in the review has working ADB in recovery.
Where as the generic ramdisk version doesn't.. or at least I can't see it with the adb im running.

I don't really know enough to try and figure out what the problem is with either of those 2.

I also gave your TWRP a try.. it looks nice, has promise, but ya seems to buggy to use right now.. also ADB did'nt work under it either.

I think I'll probably use the broken USB mounting CWM.. Im thinking ADB will come in handy more in a pinch.

Kliurkis (OP)

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 09:56:35 am »
like i sad it's for testing still, but i hope in few days we will have stable version from Abdul.  8) I want to have twrp on this tabled, because on all my devices i prefer to use TWRP - its touch, has file explorer,theming,  many more.......... 8)

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 01:44:12 pm »
keep us updated, it'll be nice if the bugs get worked out.

Kliurkis (OP)

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 02:51:21 pm »
yes i will, i have already tested today one image, but screen issue still there... but i have still hope, and should be nice if someone with better brains could test and give feedback ... it should help alot.

Kliurkis (OP)

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 11:59:19 pm »
So hello, today i got a nice pm with image to test, and good new is that this image is working so far !!! Still testing all functions, Screen issue seems gone, all other seems working. will post more feedback after tested good...

but i share with u this image !!! Please test it someone and give me feedback that should be very nice !
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B92MGjY7rfg-bmxlMWxFRU5zTDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edit, nope after restart and more using i got screen issue again  but much mote less then before, so  thnings goes right way...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 12:20:17 am by Kliurkis »

Joe Sixpack

Re: JXD S7800 TWRP Unoficial 2.6.3.0 Recovery
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 01:54:30 am »
Have you been able to get ADB working under this recovery? that's also something important.

Kliurkis (OP)

Re: JXD S7800 TWRP Unoficial 2.6.3.0 Recovery
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 07:44:46 am »
no, i dont have adb.
Could be nice if some guys could help on testing this, u know i test things i can ...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:08:15 am by Kliurkis »

inf3rno

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 07:17:37 am »
So hello, today i got a nice pm with image to test, and good new is that this image is working so far !!! Still testing all functions, Screen issue seems gone, all other seems working. will post more feedback after tested good...

but i share with u this image !!! Please test it someone and give me feedback that should be very nice !
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B92MGjY7rfg-bmxlMWxFRU5zTDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edit, nope after restart and more using i got screen issue again  but much mote less then before, so  thnings goes right way...

I have sent you a request to view the file, and you haven't accepted it yet. I am able to test ADB, and many other things.

Kliurkis (OP)

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 11:06:56 am »

I have sent you a request to view the file, and you haven't accepted it yet. I am able to test ADB, and many other things.

ohhhhh sorry doesn't seen that it is privat so i edited link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B92MGjY7rfg-bmxlMWxFRU5zTDQ/edit?usp=sharing This is for JB !!! Don't flash it on KK. Maybe today i'll get image for KitKat to try ...

Kliurkis (OP)

Re: JXD S7800 TWRP Unofficial 2.7.0.0 Recovery
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 04:51:15 pm »
hello, twrp have been updated to 2.7.0.0 also i am making some custom themes for twrp, so stay tuned. 

laja x

Re: JXD S7800 TWRP Unofficial 2.7.0.0 Recovery
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 07:51:08 pm »
Hi all.. Just finished changing recovery on my JXD.
I use the busybox+terminal emulator combination to flash the TWRP JB 2.7.0 image.
Flawless, a fast. I strongly recommend to install. Now I can make full backup from my system.
DONT use the fixed USB mount image, because it is slow, and laggy.
(Follow the link on the "how to flash" tutor on the first page, download the TWRP.zip, unzip the TWRP folder, and replace the recovery.img with the TWRP JB 2.7.0 image, what you find here in the first page, rename it to recovery.img, and follow the tutor, and flash with terminal emulator.)
Enjoy. :D