Author Topic: Unable to download new firmware to JXD S7800B  (Read 2240 times)

death-droid (OP)

Unable to download new firmware to JXD S7800B
« on: March 14, 2014, 12:52:11 pm »

Just recently somehow managed to brick my S7800B...

In an attempt to try and fix it, I tried to flash a new firmware (Trying both the original firmware and others modifications)
However, everytime it gets to the "Downloading firmware" stage it always get stuck at 0% and ends up claiming its failed.
Tried this on several different computers with them all producing the same problem.

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Cheers
http://sicktechstuff.com - Android gaming tablet reviews, guides and more

procyon

Re: Unable to download new firmware to JXD S7800B
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 01:06:54 pm »
Honestly, as stupid as this sounds, try a different USB cable.  It's ridiculous how the slightest stuff can effect this devices ability to transfer data.  I'm sure you've already tried different USB ports.  Stay away from any blue 3.0 ports.

outsiderjohnson

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 01:18:43 pm »
Also, make sure it's not plugged into a USB 3.0 port. I had that problem the other day. Took me an hour to figure out why Rocktool wouldn't see my JXD.

death-droid (OP)

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:23:13 pm »
I've tried different USB ports and made sure to stay clear from USB 3.0 (well helps seeing as i only have the one on my computer)
Just tried a different cable but produces the same result :\

Heres as far as it gets if anyone want to see a screenshot of it.

Trying it on my windows 7 computer it did actually get to 4% but failed shortly after.

procyon

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »
No, believe me, I'm very familiar with this issue, it's ridiculous.  It should not be this difficult to find a working configuration that can successfully update the device's firmware, but unfortunately that's the case.  You just have to keep trying.  It seems like the cable that you use needs to be really high quality, otherwise the signal gets corrupted and it fails. 

I wish I could offer something more specific that would help you.  Maybe some other users have better advice, but I would just keep trying other cables.  That's honestly what did the trick for me.  Wouldn't update with one cable, but would with another.  Everything else was the same.

death-droid (OP)

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 02:00:20 pm »
No, believe me, I'm very familiar with this issue, it's ridiculous.  It should not be this difficult to find a working configuration that can successfully update the device's firmware, but unfortunately that's the case.  You just have to keep trying.  It seems like the cable that you use needs to be really high quality, otherwise the signal gets corrupted and it fails. 

I wish I could offer something more specific that would help you.  Maybe some other users have better advice, but I would just keep trying other cables.  That's honestly what did the trick for me.  Wouldn't update with one cable, but would with another.  Everything else was the same.
Hmmm well i have tried it with several different cables now :\ Still same problem.
Ive now tried using RKAndroidTool, it seems like it will only flash the Loader, parameter and misc images...
Anything more and it fails :\

"INFO: Writing data to flash, Size(477403)K, Written(52)K"

death-droid (OP)

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 08:04:48 am »
Sorry to bump this but does anyone else have any other ideas on a way to fix this? :\ Or is it a goner? :(

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 03:22:55 pm »
hmm I've heard a lot of people suggest it's the cable, funny thing is Im using the one that came with the device and I bet it's not "high quality" but it seems to work fine.

I use my win7 x64 laptop for flashing.
Laptops are good because you have a battery in case the power fails the host pc don't go down during flashing.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic