• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: The Fixed Stock Kernels  (Read 45388 times)

Joe Sixpack

Re: The Fixed Stock Kernels
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2014, 09:02:32 pm »
Yup, I think the NANDS are slow in these things..

It must be that I have a buncha crap in it also.

If I do a reflash a fresh OS will boot in about 20seconds.

Tried reflashing the old kernel I was using and for some reason it's still stuck on gamepad3 splash.
I wonder If I screwed something up lol

EDIT: Got it booted again on the old kernel.. I'll try again later on I should have known better then to try and do anything with the nand before walking out the door.. but I wanted to try It out while I was out doing stuff.

Give it another go later.. Im thinking I should have wiped the cache lol
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:48:55 pm by Joe Sixpack »

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 03:21:58 am »
Ok update..
Reflashed the kernel, wiped cache partition.
It booted, was really terrible the first boot.. it was freezing for 30 seconds at a time.

Eventually it went to sleep.. I had it USB mounted so I could still access files, ADB seemed to still work but I could not get the screen to come back on.. so I "reboot" in adb

It booted back up but this time within about a minute I had a random reboot.
Then it never booted up .. it just kept looping at gamepad 3

hit the reset button to turn it off, turned it back on..
Again ran into a situation where the screen would not come up, dmesg in kept showing key press state changes for [play].
Hmm.. for some reason it's registering power as [play]? I guess.
I remembered I had physical button music control xposed module.. however had no problems with the old kernel.

So I rebooted, again, loaded up xposed, disable the module, reboot again.

This time so far the system seems like it was, no long freezes, it's waking up like it's suppose to.
I loaded up a movie, vsync is without question fixed.. it played great!

I do not have a HDMI enabled tv handy to check frame rate :(

Just thought I'd post the little update.. Im gonna tackle the xposed module again.. cause that I'd hate to loose it.. lets me change songs with the screen off.

Still need to check how 3D games play see if I have any GPU instability like I had a while back.
Can't say about the wifi driver refresh.. signal strength seems about the same but to early to say, Need to check throughput.. it was always pretty lousy for me in the past.

I'll get back to you guys as I test it out but the Vsync is fixed without question and that alone is a good start in my book :D

EDIT: ACK!, spoke to soon.. would not wake up again.
apparently it's not that xposed module.. maybe WC can figure this one out
<5>[ 2502.284078] iokey[play]: report ev[116] state[1]
<5>[ 2505.544061] iokey[play]: report ev[116] state[0]

System is'nt off.. it's not frozen, but screen will not come on.
it's registering power button as.. I guess [play]?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:32:29 am by Joe Sixpack »

fragglerok

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 03:30:57 am »
WC said they had alot of hacks to try and fix those problems on the old firmwares..

so you're best off using stock with this.
This is just the kernel so you'll need to package it up for flashing if you use batchtool.

No need to do that.  Just use the flash tool bellow to flash new kernel only instead of a whole rom.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/(kernel-only)-powersleep-fix-for-jxd-s7800-(rk3188-t)/

The kernel in above link is from the special/2GB rom so just replace with the new one from here.

Can someone give me a crash course on how to use the tool

nitro530

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 04:58:02 am »
hi , i am also a newbie.any tutorial on how to flash this.please give clear step by step precise instructions.pls help.
nitro530

GRiM

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2014, 05:37:38 am »
hi , i am also a newbie.any tutorial on how to flash this.please give clear step by step precise instructions.pls help.

1. Download this package: http://multiupload.biz/p6dbnwysrxit/Flasher_tool_MultiUpload.biz.rar.html  (Flash tool+new fixed kernel)
2. Extract it
3. Reboot device into bootloader mode while USB plugged in with Quickboot or manually by powering off device and then powering back on while holding power+vol up. (You will hear connection in Windows).
4. Open flash tool
5. Untick all except the kernel
6. Change location of kernel on right to match your output/kernel.img location
7. Click "Flash ROM" button
8. Done.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:59:24 am by GRiM »

GRiM

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 05:51:43 am »
@ sandwich
Install the app Android System Info and check the screen value. It's 66Hz.

Confirmed.   66 refresh rate here too.

nitro530

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 07:01:35 am »
Hi Grim , thanks so much for all your help.just one more thing before i get flashing.how do i make a backup of the original kernel ? i need a backup.thanks.
nitro530

GRiM

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 07:04:57 am »
Hi Grim , thanks so much for all your help.just one more thing before i get flashing.how do i make a backup of the original kernel ? i need a backup.thanks.

Grab the "RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows" folder from a Riley rom archive.

nitro530

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 07:06:34 am »
oh yeah heres the custom rom i am running on the device: [S7800B][JB] Prometheum Custom firmware U1 [Tweaked/1.56Ghz/Thumbstick Fix] , will it work ok on this rom ? is there any issues when this kernel is  used on this specific rom ? is it compatible i mean.thanks.
nitro530

nitro530

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2014, 07:56:12 am »
hey i have the RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows , now how the heck you use this thing ?remember am a noob at all this lol i just need to backup the kernel thats original before i flash.can you please give a step by step instruction on how to backup the kernel only using RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows ? pls i am lost.
nitro530

nitro530

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 08:04:15 am »
het grim man , step 7 , must i select reboot to flash mode or flash rom ? which flash button.
nitro530

­

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 09:38:53 am »
Dude, EDIT BUTTON.
You need to press the "Flash ROM" button.
And you can't have a custom firmware on the device, it'll just cause issues. You need to have a stock JXD one.

GRiM

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 09:48:31 am »
hey i have the RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows , now how the heck you use this thing ?remember am a noob at all this lol i just need to backup the kernel thats original before i flash.can you please give a step by step instruction on how to backup the kernel only using RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows ? pls i am lost.

Select the sections you wish to dump and click RUN.   Seems pretty self-explanatory.

fragglerok

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 09:49:10 am »
Sorry, bad download meant I had ?? on all buttons, redownload sorted it

GRiM

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 09:52:17 am »
Dude, EDIT BUTTON.
You need to press the "Flash ROM" button.
And you can't have a custom firmware on the device, it'll just cause issues. You need to have a stock JXD one.

You dont "need" to have stock rom,  You can use a custom rom.  I am currently using a CM11 rom and have also tried it on another custom and not noticed any issues that weren't already there, although on some you "may" have issues.

Ideally though you should wait for WebClaws new rom.    Really hope he has a try at a CM11 down the road as well though :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:58:25 am by GRiM »

GRiM

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 09:58:55 am »
het grim man , step 7 , must i select reboot to flash mode or flash rom ? which flash button.

"Flash ROM" button.

nitro530

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2014, 10:44:13 am »
thanks grim !! i owe you a beer lol.Yep we all waiting for webclaws new v3 but we have to be patient.Made in China you give terrible bad advise and i wont listen to you.leave this to the experts in this forums.
nitro530

pogodancer

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2014, 11:40:54 am »
I'll get back to you guys as I test it out but the Vsync is fixed without question and that alone is a good start in my book :D

Great news. It also works without reducing the refresh rate from 66Hz to 60Hz. Really fantastic. Thanks for your review.

nitro530

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2014, 12:21:41 pm »

1. Download this package: http://multiupload.biz/p6dbnwysrxit/Flasher_tool_MultiUpload.biz.rar.html  (Flash tool+new fixed kernel)
2. Extract it
3. Reboot device into bootloader mode while USB plugged in with Quickboot or manually by powering off device and then powering back on while holding power+vol up. (You will hear connection in Windows).
4. Open flash tool
8. Done.

theres 3 tabs i see , flash , nfs , Ram , flash has a list with ticks in the box (below theres a button to flash rom) on the right there is a blank white menu (cannot upload) , nfs has loader , parameter , kernel with 3 options to upload (flash rom button below ) , ram has loader , parameter , kernel , rootFS , with 4 options to upload ( flash rom button) , which of these is the right tab to load the kernel ? help !!!

nitro530

GRiM

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2014, 02:42:35 pm »

2. Extract it
4. Open flash tool
8. Done.

theres 3 tabs i see , flash , nfs , Ram , flash has a list with ticks in the box (below theres a button to flash rom) on the right there is a blank white menu (cannot upload) , nfs has loader , parameter , kernel with 3 options to upload (flash rom button below ) , ram has loader , parameter , kernel , rootFS , with 4 options to upload ( flash rom button) , which of these is the right tab to load the kernel ? help !!!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic