S7800B SUPERCHARGED v2.2.1 is out !!! This is a customized version of JXD's Stock Firmware v1.1.4 with several
fixes, enhances, loads of useful applications, and a selection of overclocked kernels. Finally fixed the issue with the other batch of s7800Bs not overclocking above 1,200 Mhz.WARNING !!! You are at risk of bricking your device should you choose to use the attached firmware & tools. You have been warned. You agree that any liability arising from the usage and/or sharing of the files below is strictly yours and may not be transferred to anyone else in this forum. Use at your own risk !!!SUPERCHARGED v2.2.1 - CWM UPDATE 2013/12/27 URGENT FIX !!!- Removed overclocked kernel update from CWM to avoid soft bricking. Some s7800B1.4 users have reported
soft bricking due to severe instability resulting from overclocked speeds. If you have managed to soft brick
your device, reboot to bootloader mode by using a pin to click the "Reset" button and pressing the "Volume Up"
button at the same time. RKbatchTool should detect your device. Choose the stock kernel image and install by
- Fixed voltage regulation spikes, reduces reboots upon device wake-up for unstable devices.
- Deactivated cellular radio and GSM software, less power consumption.
- Stock Jellybean boot animation.
- All SUPERCHARGED v2.1 fixes included.--------- NEW OVERCLOCKED KERNEL ---------> Requires RKbatchTool to install.
- Overclocked speeds now visible and active on s7800B1.4 devices.
- New kernel supports initial and current batches of s7800Bs.
(Thanks to JXD)
- Please see the "PRESET OVERCLOCKED KERNELS" section for overclocked kernels instructions & links.SPECIAL THANKS TO:- Schattenbanane
- Mr. Tea
- death-droid And for those who have kindly donated, Thank You :-) Your donations are always appreciated.
_____________________________________________________________________________________SUPERCHARGED v2.2.1 CWM UPDATE INSTALLATION:
- This is only an update and not a base rom installation.
- You need to have the SUPERCHARGED v2.0 BASE ROM installed to utilize this update.
- The update uses CWM Recovery and will NOT wipe your Device :-)
- If you have not installed the SUPERCHARGED v2.0 BASE ROM yet, scroll down for the
BASE ROM installation instructions.S7800B_SUPERCHARGED_V2.2.1_CWM_UPDATE.zip (5.2 MB)http://www.multiupload.nl/4O7V81XODS
Please follow the steps below:
1. Download the s7800B_SUPERCHARGEDv2.2.1_CWM_UPDATE.zip and save it to your device's MicroSD card.
2. Make sure the MicroSD is inserted in your s7800B device.
3. Go to the "Quick Boot" application and choose "Recovery" to reboot to CWM recovery.
4. Once system reboots and CWM loads up, scroll to and select "Install zip from SD-Card", then select
"Install from External SD".
5. Scroll down the list of files on your MicroSD and select the s7800B_SUPERCHARGEDv2.2_CWM_UPDATE.zip
file, then select "Yes" on confirmation screen to proceed with update.
6. Once update is complete, system will reboot back into recovery, select "Reboot to system", that should
complete your CWM update installation.
_____________________________________________________________________________________SUPERCHARGED v2.0 BASE ROM INSTALLATION:I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW !!!
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL LEAD TO UNEXPECTED RESULTS !!!
- This version mounts your Micro SD as internal NAND (SDCARD).
- Before upgrading to this version, remove your MicroSD to protect its contents from getting formatted.
- The upgrade process will take longer than usual. This is normal as re-partitioning NAND takes time.- This is a major release and will wipe your device. Backup important files to MicroSD before proceeding.
- Future updates/fixes will not require a full system wipe unless absolutely necessary.S7800B_SUPERCHARGED_v2.0_OC_Reparted_Ext2Int _CWM_MrktFix.zip (406.12 MB) STABLEhttp://www.multiupload.nl/PS6SXDGXRI
Please follow the steps below: - This is a one time procedure. You will not need to repeat it again.
1. Download S7800B_SUPERCHARGED_v2.0_OC_Reparted_Ext2Int _CWM_MrktFix.zip from the link above.
2. Extract zip, you will find three folders, "RKbatchTool", "Firmware Image", and "Overclocked kernels".
3. REMOVE YOUR MICRO-SD FROM YOUR DEVICE !!! MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS FULLY CHARGED !!!
4. Open the RKbatchTool and select the update.img from the "Firmware Image" folder.
5. Connect your device and click "Switch" on the RKbatchTool.
6. Once the number 1 box turns green, click "Upgrade". Process will take longer than usual.
7. After upgrade is complete, system will reboot to CWM-Recovery. Close the RKbatchTool. Rom updates will no
longer result in automatic wiping of data.
8. To navigate through the recovery menu, use the "Volume UP" and Volume DOWN" buttons to scroll through the
selections and the "Power Button" to click your selection.
9. IF YOU HAVE NOT REMOVED YOUR MICRO-SD, DO IT NOW !!!
10. Select "wipe data/factory reset". You will be presented with a confirmation menu, select "Yes". This will
attempt to wipe your device. This will take some time and you may be presented with errors at the bottom
of the screen, simply ignore them.
11. Now we need to fix your internal 1.07GB of storage which will later be mounted as your External SD. Go
to "mounts and storage", select it, then select "mount USB storage". This will mount your internal
storage as a USB Storage Device in Windows. Windows will detect an unformated drive and will give you
the option to format it. Please format the newly detected drive using the fat32 disk format. By doing this,
you are activating the newly partitioned 1.07GB internal storage which was not visible in the previous
12. Once Windows completes formating the drive, go back to your your device and select "Unmount".
Then select "format /sdcard" -> "Yes"
13. Scroll to and select "+++++Go Back+++++", then again, go to "wipe data/factory reset" and select it.
-> "Yes" to wipe device again.
14. After the wipe is complete, scroll to and select "reboot system now". CWM will detect an error with root su
access and will offer to fix it, select "Yes". System will then reboot. Be patient.
15. 1st reboot will take approx 5 mins. Once that is done, leave the device for another 5 mins as hardware ID
is being changed to Exynos 4xxx series. During this process, several apps will request SuperSU for root
access, simply grant them access and leave the device to run.
16. After the 5 minutes are over, your device is now SUPERCHARGED !!! Shutdown your device.
Insert your Micro-SD card. Then switch on your device again. Your device is now ready :-)
_____________________________________________________________________________________PRESET OVERCLOCKED KERNELS: Updated !!! For use with RKbatchTool Only !!!
The latest S7800B SUPERCHARGED v2.2.1 rom update does not come with any kernel update to avoid soft bricking of s7800B1.4 devices. These devices are super sensitive to overclocking and you may inadvertently soft brick your device. To reverse a soft brick, simply restore to stock kernel and then retry to overclock with lower capped speeds. Overclocked Kernels.zip (19.57 MB)
After downloading and extracting "Overclocked Kernels.zip (19.57 MB)", you will find the following files:
Kernel_OC_1608mhz_DuelMode.img -> Top speed capped at 1,608 Mhz - Stable
Kernel_OC_1704mhz_DuelMode.img -> Top speed capped at 1,704 Mhz - Stable
Kernel_OC_1800mhz_DuelMode.img -> Top speed capped at 1,800 Mhz - Stable
Kernel_OC_1920mhz_DuelMode.img -> Top speed capped at 1,920 Mhz - Experimental
Kernel_StockSpeeds.img -> Top speed capped at 1,608Mhz + all stock speeds - Stable
After completing the v2.2.1 update procedure above, run the RKbatchTool again, this time select the kernel you
wish to install by browsing to the "Overclocked Kernels.zip" unpacked folder. Click the "Switch" button to go into
bootloader mode, once the number 1 box goes "Green", click "Upgrade" to install the desired Kernel. This will
only update the Kernel portion of your rom and will not erase or wipe your Rom or data :-) After the kernel is
installed, the system will reboot using the kernel you chose while leaving your data and rom intact.
This is not an official release. It is a modified version of Stock FW 1.1.4. If for whatever reason, the image
fails on your device, just flash the original JXD firmware v1.1.4 to restore capped speeds and normal
operation.ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE YOU FLASH ANY FIRMWARE IMAGES
Your feedback and kind donations are always appreciated to make this ROM better and faster.