Author Topic: S7800b KitKat 4.4.2 RileyROM 1.2  (Read 7473 times)

Maetel (OP)

S7800b KitKat 4.4.2 RileyROM 1.2
« on: April 08, 2014, 10:38:07 pm »
This ROM is based on a JXD update that was kind of submitted 3rd or 4th hand. The firmware is dated 3/13/14 and features Android 4.4.2, KitKat.

I've flashed my tablet with this ROM and is has all of the nice features of KitKat. We may have lost some of the game apps that came with the previous firmware, but there are plenty of emulator apps in their place...and full access to Google Play Store.

You will notice that JXD has removed the bottom navigation bar, to entice you to use the external buttons (there's a learning curve with that for me).

It runs really smooth. Wifi is improved. I haven't tested Bluetooth.

My son is now currently testing the gaming features, so I MAY get the tablet back for more testing someday...

Since this is a KitKat ROM, you must flash the loader in the flash tool. It's checked by default. If you decide to go back to the Jellybean ROM (I couldn't imagine why)...first erase IDB from THIS ROM kit...then open the Jellybean and flash...BE SURE TO CHECK THE LOADER or you will brick your tablet. Consider yourself warned!!!!!!!!!! That way I have the right to give you shit for not following these SIMPLE instructions when you ask me for help to unbrick your device.

This ROM is somewhat debloated. I left more in than usual, just because it's a gaming machine and should have some bells and whistles to start out with.

Also:

Rooted
Init.D Support
Busybox commands added
English Default
2. 4. 6, 8 or 12gb user app space (4gb default) using the desired parameter file
TWRP Recovery (installed after the first boot to allow stock recovery to format everything)Thanks to FT Developer Abdul_PT.
Auto Install apk files from external SD on first boot. Just add the apk files to a folder on external SD called autoinstall...delete all spaces from the apk file names.
Boot Animation by Tattman65
Reboot App by Petrus
v1.2.1 contains Tincore Keymapper by FT Developer Tincore
First Time User's Guide with all installation instructions and tips

This is now v1.2.1. There is a more aggressive debloat, spoofing as a Samsung device to open more Play Store apps, and Tincore Keymapper.

Download :

http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/JXD_S7800B_RileyROM_1.2.1.zip

Enjoy!!!!!!

Source : http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?11371-JXD-Game-Pad-3-S7800B-RileyROM-1-2-KitKat

WebClaw

Re: S7800b KitKat 4.4.2 RileyROM 1.2
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:45:50 pm »
For those users who want to try - please note:

Beware emulation is bugged at 66Hz.
HDMI is capped (still) at 42FPS.
vSync issues still persist.
The default launcher will crash your device if you try to change the screen resolution (useless for PSP emulation).

* The above have NOTHING to do with the author Riley; they are limitations of the kernel RileyROM is made from (313).

kristianity77

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 11:26:50 pm »
Basically, just dont bother with anything Kit Kat yet for the S7800.  It causes WAY more problems than it fixes and if you want the device for emulation etc, this renders the S7800 close to useless as nothing works correctly due to the 66HZ change in the screen.  Just stay away from this for the time being, at least until (well IF) JXD sort the issues out with it.
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog

Vimtoman

Benny Alex

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 10:40:33 am »
I have CWM and Root on. my S7800b. So Can I flash the RileyROM without a PC?

Maetel (OP)

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 05:20:32 pm »
no way, you seed using the tool included in the package.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 05:56:33 pm »
seeing as Android is based off linux I think it would be amusing if they had tools on android so you could flash other androids.

I get a made scientist laugh in my head every time I think about that.

Really I guess theres not much point though.. As useful as tablets are I still wouldn't give up my desktop/laptop.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:58:07 pm by Joe Sixpack »

petesimon

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 10:09:12 pm »
Thanks for the tips. There is another version: 1.2.2 "If you want less aggressive debloat, more of the stock apps were left into a new 1.2.2 version."

download from freaktab forums
http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/JXD_S7800B_RileyROM_1.2.2.zip

rrileypm

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 10:25:20 pm »
I was hoping to get the stock keymapper in that ROM...but it appears the latest firmware didn't include it.

I'm mobile...so I can't post a link to it, that thread also has a link to the keymapper apk from the previous firmware.

Post a new topic