Author Topic: Version 2: S7800B 1.6GHz - (Tweaked+vSync Fix+60Hz+Apex Launcher) ROMs  (Read 227821 times)

nicole ridgway

@WebClaw. First of all, I want to THANK YOU for your hard work. Been using your 1.0 firmware and it works perfectly for what I'm doing by now (reading comics & books, some PS games).
I will try 2.0 as soon as I can...but before installing I have a couple of questions:

01. Can I upload them in my Drive? Or, if you wish, I can make a folder with your email and give you read&write permissions so that you can upload them directly in my Drive.

02. What is the difference between
webclaw2.00.img: 300 Mb
webclaw2-001.img: 507 Mb
webclaw2-002.zip: 300 Mb

Thanks again!
JXD S7800b Utilities driver

www.tinyurl.com/jxds7800bd

the_randomizer

@WebClaw. First of all, I want to THANK YOU for your hard work. Been using your 1.0 firmware and it works perfectly for what I'm doing by now (reading comics & books, some PS games).
I will try 2.0 as soon as I can...but before installing I have a couple of questions:

01. Can I upload them in my Drive? Or, if you wish, I can make a folder with your email and give you read&write permissions so that you can upload them directly in my Drive.

Thanks again!

I believe they're the bug fixes for the custom firmware, with 002 being the most recent, 003 should be the one to come next  ;D  :P

WebClaw (OP)

Thanks again!

These are micro-builds - I wouldn't waste time saving / uploading them.

Here is my version / release notations:
Eg: X.ABC

Where X is a major [stable] version.
Where A is a maintenance release [stable] version.
Where B is a minor [stable] version change.
Where C is a micro [unstable] version change.

webclaw2.00.img = as noted in the description.
webclaw2.001.img = includes Google Play Patch, and updated HDMI + video drivers (resolved tearing over HDMI).
webclaw2.002.img = includes a newer Google Play Patch, and updated HDMI + video drivers + hardware render update (.002 video components of .002 will not be furthered as it broke more than it fixed).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:14:54 pm by WebClaw »

WebClaw (OP)

Does this rom fix the root so the external sd card acts as the root and internal 8gb acts as extra space?

This is not a "fix", that's a preference.
Trust me, if I added this preference I would have said so in the description.

Going forward if I don't note / mention anything please assume it's not addressed (saves me having to reply). If you want to make a suggestion, that's something different.

the_randomizer

These are micro-builds - I wouldn't waste time saving / uploading them.

webclaw2.00.img = as noted in the description.
webclaw2.001.img = includes Google Play Patch, and updated HDMI + video drivers (resolved tearing over HDMI).
webclaw2.002.img = includes a newer Google Play Patch, and updated HDMI + video drivers + hardware render update (.002 video components of .002 will not be furthered as it broke more than it fixed).

Oh, then, uh, I'd best delete that from my HDD, I downloaded 2.002.img in preparation for my S7800...yeah. Probably should wait.

scrag85

Does this rom fix the root so the external sd card acts as the root and internal 8gb acts as extra space?

Going forward if I don't note / mention anything please assume it's not addressed (saves me having to reply). If you want to make a suggestion, that's something different.

Is that a yes or no :/

WebClaw (OP)

scrag85

Take a guess.
Thats a bit of a twatty response... I was hoping you could explain simply then if i enjoyed your work i could have donated ?10-20 for your work but fuck that now...

the_randomizer

Take a guess.
Thats a bit of a twatty response... I was hoping you could explain simply then if i enjoyed your work i could have donated ?10-20 for your work but fuck that now...

Please watch your language. If you have a problem with what someone says, keep it to a PM, no need to be contentious.

WebClaw (OP)

Let's get a few things straight:

You asked me a question - I answered:

Then you asked me the same question again - now I am annoyed as your question was already answered:

Further, to appease your idea / preference request I added your request into a poll I created - see initial post in this thread (which you voted on).

Clearly there is a language barrier or you have an innate inability to read (my replies or the forum rules).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:41:52 pm by WebClaw »

scrag85

Take a guess.

Please watch your language. If you have a problem with what someone says, keep it to a PM, no need to be contentious.
I'm not trying to start an argument, i just asked a simple question but he instigated an agrivated response by not giving me a straight sensible answer.

scrag85

Let's get a few things straight:

You asked me a question - I answered:

Then you asked me the same question again - now I am annoyed as your question was already answered:

Clearly there is a language barrier or you have an innate inability to read (my replies to for the forum rules).

If your annoyed we could meet up an discuss this like men...

WebClaw (OP)

If your annoyed we could meet up an discuss this like men...

You've made it clear of the age group you fall into. Best of luck to you scrag85.

mitcher78

Despite the scrag85's attitude, it would be good to add a path so you can choose to have the external SD as internal memory if preferred. By the other way, any news about a new firmware from JXD? Skelton said it.

WebClaw (OP)

If there is enough demand I'll create 2 ROM's one with and one without that preference. This should appease everyone.

Not aware of any new ROM from JXD yet. *crossing fingers*

m1795

Hello,

I'm new with this, i tried the previous version of the custom ROM and i love it. Curious about the new v2.0
I don't use hdmi output, don't have the stuff to test it. But i've played a bit with the vold.fstab and if i'm not wrong the only thing you have to do is

## Vold Generic fstab
##

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
## label        - Label for the volume
## mount_point  - Where the volume will be mounted
## part         - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

## Example of a standard sdcard mount for the emulator / Dream
# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
#dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1
#dev_mount flash /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/mtd/mtd9/mtdblock9

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/external_sd auto /devices/virtual/mtd/mtd9/mtdblock9
dev_mount flash /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/rk29_sdmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
dev_mount udisk /mnt/usb_storage auto /devices/platform/usb20_host/usb /devices/platform/usb20_otg/usb

anyhow keep up the good work !

WebClaw (OP)

Thanks, and yes you are correct m1795; that is the file which needs to be altered.

m1795

Wow ! just tested the v2.0 rom linked on the first page, set the cpu to 1608 and tested with antutu.

Score 1st time : 20110
Score 2nd time : 20105
Score 3rd time : 20100

really great

WebClaw (OP)

I was really impressed with the speed as well. Considering it's not putting out any more volts to get the same performance, it's really great.

WebClaw (OP)

2.003 is up.

- Backdated hw renderer to resolve HDMI tearing.
- Further tweaked Google Play Store compatibility.
- Speed / performance increases as a result of newer Mali 400 drivers.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:08:34 pm by WebClaw »