Author Topic: S602 (any handheld) and micro sd cards  (Read 3330 times)

snkrumble (OP)

S602 (any handheld) and micro sd cards
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:45:57 pm »
I'm just curious will it make a big difference game performance wise due to class speed of a micro sd.

I have a few cards laying around one class 10, class 4, class 6. Haven't gotten my device yet but I have two on the way as i previously mentioned.

Just wondering if the speeds make any difference in gameplay because if so i'll order my son a cheap class 10 from newegg.

DiegoSLTS

Re: S602 (any handheld) and micro sd cards
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:52:29 pm »
I don't think it makes any difference. Any emulator and any ROM will probably fit into the ram, so you just need one read of the complete file (and that's what a lot of emulators do). For PSX ISOs this is not possible, but you don't need a lot of reading speed for that. The real bottleneck on performance is CPU/GPU power, not the sdcard class.

I'm not sure about Android games, but my guess is the same, if a game is not playable you won't fix it buying a faster SDCard.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:54:17 pm by DiegoSLTS »

retrodoodoo

• * Confirmed Reseller
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 04:08:03 am »
I'm just curious will it make a big difference game performance wise due to class speed of a micro sd.

I have a few cards laying around one class 10, class 4, class 6. Haven't gotten my device yet but I have two on the way as i previously mentioned.

Just wondering if the speeds make any difference in gameplay because if so i'll order my son a cheap class 10 from newegg.

Class 10 memory card got the best quality as what we tested now. We suggest you select a better memory card if possible. It will help you to run the emulation games better and save the files well.

mildmannered

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 08:14:49 am »
Hi

Sorry for a noob question. I tried several emulators on JXD S602 and they seem to scan only the roms in internal memory and not on external memory card.

is there a way to make device see roms on ext card?

I wasn't able to try videos and music yet though..

Thanks

skelton

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:18:19 am »

What emus you tried? Almost all emus have a file explorer to select the rom. If you haven't used naxeras script then your micro sd should be /mnt/ext_sd/, so   try to look them there.
Retired

mildmannered

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 02:26:56 pm »
oh.. i used Tiger Arcade. It only shows a list of games in roms\mame folder that i created in in internal memory.

OK, i'll try again and look for that path when my device works..

thanks!

skelton

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 03:00:30 pm »
Tiger arcade search the roms in sdcard folder, so if you are not using naxeras script, then you must copy it to /mnt/sdcard/roms for instance.
Retired

mildmannered

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 09:53:51 pm »
Ok, thanks for info. I'll try it out...

mildmannered

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 01:37:39 pm »
It seems tiger arcade really does search the device memory only.

Other emus search memory card too...

Btw, if i install naxeras script, can i install android apps to microsd?

thanks

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 01:53:16 pm »
It seems tiger arcade really does search the device memory only.

Other emus search memory card too...

Btw, if i install naxeras script, can i install android apps to microsd?

thanks

Yes, you can. Actually the script switches the way the device recognizes the internal and external memory. This way your device will understand that your sdcard is the internal memory (sdcard), and the internal memory will be the external memory (extsd).

Post a new topic