Hi, the purpose of the script is just make easy the uninstall of bloatware of the machine after a fresh firmware install, and add some minor optimizations. This (unfortunately) won't make device to run emus faster, just optimize a little bit interface and save time cleaning bloatware and other stuff.
- Remove most chinese apps and bloatware
- Add init.d support, so you can add your own scripts to /system/etc/init.d/ (zipalign script is included)
- Improves the number of apps visible by google play store (so more apps available)
- Change system partitions, so that intermal memory will be /mnt/ext_sd and micro sd will be /mnt/sdcard, that is the opposite to how it is by default. The reason is because most android games with huge data look for /sdcard/ to storage data, so we are not limited to use the limitation of the small internal memory, and no need to use apps like Directory bind or Gl2SD for instance.
- Adds some minor optimizations for Wifi, screen reposnsivenes, ram use, etc...
Script is thought to be used after a fresh installation of a firm.
To obtain firm:
Stock JB firmware: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/69559458/s5300_JB_13012013.rar
Stock ICS firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?aand96i7iw17yfw
Extract the rar and connect your JXD to computer in usb debugging mode. (settings/developer options). I have included drivers, some generic that may or not work depending on your windows version. If driveras are not installed properly I suggest install on your PC moborobo or PDANet (both included), since this soft will install proper drivers.
After installing drivers, then just select the folder according to your firmware (JB or ICS), and run the bat file.
If you are using JB, check your screen since SuperSu will ask you for Root permissions, so press grant to give permissions to SuperSu.
After finishes, just reboot your JXD so that changes take effect.
As you see, is a simple bat file, so you can edit as tou want and delete or add the stuff you prefer.
I have decided to keep the default gameemulator.apk because they allow to play using Wifi Link for multiplayer.
If you don't want that your partitions changed and you prefer the original ones, that is, /mnt/sdcard for internal and /mnt/ext_sd/ just delete file vold.fstab from script, and this change will no take place. I am saying this because thus change may affect the use of Gallery app, though I suggest using a simple app like QuickPic.
That's all we get at the moment for this device. We hope that JXD fixes the speed issues with emulators, but there is no much i can do at the moment for this device.
Download of script:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/69559458/cleanscript.rar
thanks to willgoo for their continuous support to this and the other machines.