Author Topic: Request: Can someone make the Nvidia Games app viable for JXD S192?  (Read 751 times)

siliconmessiah (OP)

JXD was fully able to shoehorn in the Nvidia Shield Hub into the JXD s192 without trouble. It worked fine for a long time.

Now, the Nvidia Shield Hub is outdated and replaced with the Nvidia Games App.

However, the Nvidia Games App is listed as "incompatible" with the JXD s192. So it cannot be installed from the Google Play Store.

My humble request is if someone out there might be able to solve this, so that I can once again be able to play the games on Geforce NOW? Or should I contact JXD to get a firmware out with the Nvidia Games APP on it?

8)

skelton

Good luck contacting JXD for a firmware.... Most probably that app need a shield device, or that the JXD is spoofed completely as a shield one in the firmware. Also, maybe could it be that it needs a later version of Android and not Android 4.4, because the app was introduced in shield tablet in android 6 I think.
If you want gamestreaming, you can always use Moonlight if you have an nvidia card on your PC.
Retired

LordDavon

JXD was fully able to shoehorn in the Nvidia Shield Hub into the JXD s192 without trouble. It worked fine for a long time.

Now, the Nvidia Shield Hub is outdated and replaced with the Nvidia Games App.

However, the Nvidia Games App is listed as "incompatible" with the JXD s192. So it cannot be installed from the Google Play Store.

My humble request is if someone out there might be able to solve this, so that I can once again be able to play the games on Geforce NOW? Or should I contact JXD to get a firmware out with the Nvidia Games APP on it?

8)

I hate to say it, but this isn't going to happen... unless we get an updated bootloader.  I sent JXD the instructions on how to get Shield Hub working on the unit, so it wasn't like they were striving to better the device.  The firmware sources they sent were incomplete, so I ended up having to rip apart their firmware and patches just to piece together a corrected firmware.  They really weren't much help except to release the sources... albeit incomplete.

If it weren't for Skelton, I really would have given up long ago on the Firmware for the JXD S192.  While I didn't use the sources for anything, his help in getting it built gave me a better understanding of Android.

siliconmessiah (OP)

Re: Request: Can someone make the Nvidia Games app viable for JXD S192?
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:47:23 am »
Streaming from my home computer still works in the Shield Hub.

Itīs the connection to the Geforce NOW-service that seems to have been terminated due to the new stuff. I have made a full reset of the device and still nothing... :'(