Author Topic: Question about the JXD S7800B and Mac  (Read 3555 times)

ceramicsaturn (OP)

Question about the JXD S7800B and Mac
« on: August 19, 2013, 02:12:03 pm »
New user here. I've been toying around with the idea of purchasing a S7300 until I saw today that the S7800B is for sale. Looks great and all, but I have a small concern.

As a mac user, will I be able to load roms or any other type of software I need on the device? I'm assuming so, but it says it's made to be used with Windows. I'm assuming Windows is only a requirement if you're trying to redo the firmware or something? Or is that also wrong.

I know formatting SD cards shouldnt be an issue. You can format to FAT 32 on a Mac through the Disk Utility program. Outside of that though, I just want to make sure I'm not making a bit mistake before blowing 170 bucks on something I might not be able to use with my home computer.

Thanks.

jamesensor

Re: Question about the JXD S7800B and Mac
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 03:00:24 pm »
When you plug these devices into your mac it will recognize storage units: the internal card and the external one. You just have to press on android to connect. Then you can move everything you want.

For updates, you just have to follow the instructions provided around here - download some zip (either in the official site or custom rom, usually has instructions), put those files in the root of the sdcard with the procedure mentioned above, and either it will automatically install or you'll have to go in to the factory menu at boot and tell it to update from those files. It's easy.

Neither windows nor mac, just by plugging the device, will see the system files, just the sdcards, like a camera or cell phone.
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

ceramicsaturn (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 07:35:04 pm »
When you plug these devices into your mac it will recognize storage units: the internal card and the external one. You just have to press on android to connect. Then you can move everything you want.

For updates, you just have to follow the instructions provided around here - download some zip (either in the official site or custom rom, usually has instructions), put those files in the root of the sdcard with the procedure mentioned above, and either it will automatically install or you'll have to go in to the factory menu at boot and tell it to update from those files. It's easy.

Neither windows nor mac, just by plugging the device, will see the system files, just the sdcards, like a camera or cell phone.

Gotcha. Thanks for the informative reply! I appreciate it. I guess I can get the system now with a little more confidence.

ratbuddy

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:13:28 pm »
If you have a wireless router, just use AirDroid and it doesn't matter what OS you use :)

LordDavon

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 03:19:55 am »
I have the S7300B and have no issues using it with my Mac.  Just show up just like a USB drive would.

Dav

alik

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 11:50:01 pm »
can someone please let me know how to flash my S7800b with a apple mac. i don't own a pc   :(

kind regards

Ali

lukech

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 01:44:22 pm »
A full year later, and I'd love an answer to this last question too.

153stars

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 03:41:15 am »
No firmware flashing from mac ,people have reported using win 8 but i had to use winn 7 or below myself.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic