• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: LordDavon's S192 Hackware (Beta 0.53)  (Read 45327 times)

skelton

Re: LordDavon's S192 Hackware
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2016, 09:54:43 pm »
Skelton, you should sell your RK model and get a Tegra instead.  ;D
Nope,, rather the contrary, if jXD had real interest to kmprove tegra model, they should have send me a tegra one..... that decisi?n tells me that jXD is going to abandon s192 tegra users..... i don't think i use this s192 anyway except for development, i prefer something smaller like gpd xd for playing.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:00:11 pm by skelton »
Retired

adamantibus

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »
I know JXD has no interest in improving the Tegra model (nor any of their devices), that's precisely why we are interested in you improving it. XD

skelton

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2016, 10:13:07 pm »
I know JXD has no interest in improving the Tegra model (nor any of their devices), that's precisely why we are interested in you improving it. XD

Yeah, but no free sample, no party, and less in my current circunstancies. With more days at hospital than at home.
Retired

siliconmessiah

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2016, 07:54:42 pm »
So...umm...with this Hackware, can I use Shield HUB with Gamestream/Geforce NOW and the joysticks+buttons work as they should?

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2016, 12:41:14 am »
So...umm...with this Hackware, can I use Shield HUB with Gamestream/Geforce NOW and the joysticks+buttons work as they should?

Yes.  Works great!

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2016, 12:45:18 am »
Latest status update: So, I've been through many settings and while I can get Google Servers to show this as an official (with icon) NVidia Shield Tablet, I can't get it to spoof enough.  I've been trying as a 4.4.2 device, just to see if that will work.  I can still get it working great with MarketHelper, I don't want to have to run it after every reboot.

So, I'm going to keep trying until I can get this to work.  I was able to pull apart Market Helper and noticed that it sends the OpenGL info, radios and even an application list.  I wasn't able to find exactly what is bring sent fir the Shield yet.  I've emailed the author to see if he can help, but I've not heard back in days.

So, not giving up.  Never giving up. ;-)  I WILL GET THIS WORKING!!!

...I hope.

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2016, 12:53:30 am »
Got HL2 ep 1 installed and it didn't have any problems so maybe it's just doom3 that has the issues.  Doing to dig into it's config file and see if there's anything that can be done from there, at least get an fps counter up so I can see if there are any issues there compared to the shield.

I think DOOM3 requires a newer version of Android.  Under the spoofed firmware with Market Helper, it still isn't available.  Half Life 2 is downloading and shows compatible.  So, that may be the issue.

I've found a few OpenGL settings that may help a little though.  Going to set them active for the next firmware.

kingporkcutlet

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2016, 01:16:45 am »
Thanks to your works! It's great!!!!
But i've noticed that "game mapper function" doesn't works...
Can you check [email protected]@

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2016, 01:43:52 am »
Another update: My latest spoof is no longer resetting after closing MarketHelper and rebooting.  I've got to be close.  I do want to spoof to a higher Android version though, since many games aren't available for 4.4.x.

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2016, 01:44:29 am »

Oh no.  Did I forget to include it?  I will see what happened.

UPDATE: Yup.  I forgot it.  I will see why it didn't compile in, and get a work around until the Beta is released.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:00:00 am by LordDavon »

kingporkcutlet

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2016, 02:40:02 am »

Oh no.  Did I forget to include it?  I will see what happened.

UPDATE: Yup.  I forgot it.  I will see why it didn't compile in, and get a work around until the Beta is released.

Thanks to your check...i'll wait your next build with pleasure!!!!

kingporkcutlet

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2016, 11:13:05 am »
Is there any Update? I wanna use Keymapper~^^

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2016, 04:03:11 pm »

Sorry, I had a long week last week, and my weekend was a busy one, so I didn't have a lot of time to work on the new image.  The wife hurt her shoulder, so I've been taking care of the baby a lot more than usual too.  I've been able to get into things here and there, but not for too long.  I am hoping to have something new in a few days though.  She's seeing the doctor today, and should have something for the pain.

kingporkcutlet

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2016, 06:55:47 pm »

Sorry, I had a long week last week, and my weekend was a busy one, so I didn't have a lot of time to work on the new image.  The wife hurt her shoulder, so I've been taking care of the baby a lot more than usual too.  I've been able to get into things here and there, but not for too long.  I am hoping to have something new in a few days though.  She's seeing the doctor today, and should have something for the pain.

oh~I See... I'll wait...Primarily take care of your family!

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2016, 04:41:43 am »
@kingporkcutlet I will have a new release in a few days.  If you'd like to help, I can get you the latest image to test.  I'd like to make sure that all of the Game Mapping issues are fixed before releasing to everyone.  If you don't mind helping, I can get an image link to you.

kingporkcutlet

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2016, 04:57:37 am »
@kingporkcutlet I will have a new release in a few days.  If you'd like to help, I can get you the latest image to test.  I'd like to make sure that all of the Game Mapping issues are fixed before releasing to everyone.  If you don't mind helping, I can get an image link to you.

Oh thanks to your works! Surely I wanna check this for better device...if you're ok...I'll check it(maybe only keymapper function...becoz i have no time to check all function...I'm shift worker..haha)  once again very very thanks to your efforts...

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2016, 08:19:02 pm »
Since I am not hearing back from JXD about the patch for the battery issue, I may have to try a different approach for this.  So, I may just release the PreBeta, and start with pulling apart JXD's firmware to create a new image.

LordDavon (OP)

Re: LordDavon's S192 Hackware (PreBeta)
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2016, 11:17:30 pm »
PreBeta released.  I'm moving to a new ROM layout.  Wish me luck.  Just hacking it out of JXD's stuff.  ;-)  This is going to delay the Beta, but should make it better.  I'm hoping to get it at the end of the week.

danny.69

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2016, 03:46:39 pm »
good luck, we hope to see soon

eman2001

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2016, 03:05:39 pm »
hello lord devon

thanks for all your efforts towards this device  :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:18:07 am by eman2001 »

Post a new topic