Author Topic: LordDavon's S192 Hackware (Beta 0.53)  (Read 39365 times)

LordDavon (OP)

LordDavon's S192 Hackware (Beta 0.53)
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:22:49 pm »
***PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A DISCONTINUED PROJECT AND THE AUTHOR NO LONGER HAS A JXD S192 UNIT***

LordDavon's S192 Hacked Firmware:

Latest 0.53b Test Beta Added.  Please test for charge issues.

Why is it:
This was designed to be a Shield Spoofed version of the S192 firmware.
This includes Shield Hub 4.12 in the /system/tmp directory.  Navigate using ES and select to install.
KingoRoot is included for an optional root (I will post instructions)
MarketHelper is included to spoof the Market (I will post instructions soon)
JXD Alias apps have been removed.
Shield Hub installed.
Fully Patched with all JXD fixes so far.
Uses the Build.Prop from a 4.4.2 Shield Tablet.

Before You Begin:
You must have a good MicroUSB cable between the device and your PC.
You must disable Windows Signed Driver support, please use the following: http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/
Remember that this is Alpha software and may not work as well as the official Firmware. 
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Backup First -- THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA!!!

To Install:
Extract the ZIP file to a location where you will be able to find it later.
Plug your JXD into your computer using a good MicroUSB cable.
Power off the device by holding the power button for 10 seconds.
Hold the Volume + button - do not release.
Press the power button for 1 second.
Release the Power button.
The APX drivers will attempt installation and most likely fail. 
  •    Open Device Manager
  •    Select the APX device under Universal Serial Bus Controllers
  •    Right Click and select Update Driver Software.
  •    Select Browse My Computer...
  •    Click Browse, and navigate to the folder you extracted the firmware.
  •    Select the nvidia_usbpcdriver folder, and select.  Make sure Include Subfolders is selected.
  •    Click Next and finish installation.
Open the folder where the firmware was extracted in Windows Explorer. 
Double click on S192_2G_DDR.bat. 

The firmware install will take approximately 1 min. 
The device will reboot when done.

To Download:
Beta 0.53 - https://mega.nz/#!JVATBSra!AFz8IMHUmgRCXequZR44iz29enwP63ajcaO5fSGMZfs

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:33:34 pm by LordDavon »

LordDavon (OP)

Re: LordDavon's S192 Hackware
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:23:12 pm »
For future use...

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 09:23:29 pm »
For Future Use...

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 09:25:34 pm »
For Future Use...

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 01:51:30 am »
Having issues with the VM again.  I'm moving to the Macbook Pro for development.  This will take me another day.

siliconmessiah

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 03:37:44 pm »
I am in a move and other life duties right now and have been out of the loop lately. Will be that for at least for one/two more weeks until I can find peace and a place with decent internet connection. What is happening? Someone at the hospital. My thoughts go out to you if that is the case.

When it comes to the s192 K1. Is it realistic to see the updated Shield Hub/Gamestream/Geforce NOW in this device? Or is that some kind of impossible mission?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:39:19 pm by siliconmessiah »

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 04:31:28 pm »
I am in a move and other life duties right now and have been out of the loop lately. Will be that for at least for one/two more weeks until I can find peace and a place with decent internet connection. What is happening? Someone at the hospital. My thoughts go out to you if that is the case.

When it comes to the s192 K1. Is it realistic to see the updated Shield Hub/Gamestream/Geforce NOW in this device? Or is that some kind of impossible mission?

My firmware will have the latest Shield Hub on it.  Everything is good, as far as family and health.  My virtual machine keeps corrupting, so I am trying to compile it on the Macbook Pro right now.  I'm compiling, but failing at the image creation.  Working on that now.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 04:33:45 am »
Thank you very much LordDavon for your hard work. I just want to know if you figured out how to spoof the Google Play and Shield Hub both in order to download Shield exclusive games?
Alienware 18 Sli Gtx 880m 8tb external 1tb enternal 80gb SSD 256gb SSD
Nvidia Shield Portable Tegra 4 64gb Micro SD
Jxd S192 Tegra K1 200gb Mirco SD
PlayStation 3 320gb

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 05:03:45 am »
Thank you very much LordDavon for your hard work. I just want to know if you figured out how to spoof the Google Play and Shield Hub both in order to download Shield exclusive games?

I haven't played with it yet.  Tried moving the build over to my Macbook Pro, as Virtualbox was unstable and kept corrupting the sources.  The last build killed my JXD.  I'm tired of having to redo all my changes every few days.  That being said, I've got it almost completely finished, but I am having an issue with the kernel compiling now.  It is getting a fatal error trying to find a file that is already there.  Frustrating, to say the least.  If I don't get it to work by tomorrow night, I will just move it over to my Surface Book.  It is part of the Windows Developer Program, so it has Ubuntu built into the command line.  Should compile without too much trouble there.

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 05:13:56 am »
Sorry to hear about the hassle getting your custom hack-ware done.
PlayStation 3 320gb

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 05:42:46 am »
Sorry to hear about the hassle getting your custom hack-ware done.

Nah, the issue is that I had a good one.  When I went to the in-laws this weekend, I tested it and it was great.  I left the VM compiling some new changes, so when I came home I wanted to test the latest image before uploading.  That's when I noticed the corrupt files in the VM.  The image screwed up my JXD too.  All I need to do is get a new build environment going though. 

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 06:01:48 am »
I hope you're able to fix your Jxd S192 Singularity bro.
PlayStation 3 320gb

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 04:04:47 pm »
I hope you're able to fix your Jxd S192 Singularity bro.

I'm not worried about the device.  I am sure it will be fine.

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 12:15:08 am »
It is up for anyone who wants to test.

adamantibus

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 01:23:25 am »
Can't you install this with a Mac?  :'(

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 01:49:12 am »
Can't you install this with a Mac?  :'(

There may be a way.  Right now, I am using the JXD firmware's installation software.  Considering I compiled it on Parallels on a Mac, I would like to find a way.

darthskids

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 05:02:37 am »
Thanks for putting that out!  Just finished installing and booting up.  So far so good.  Going to root it in a bit and see if that market helper works or not.

update: Rooted, shield hub works, no luck with market helper or the shield exclusive apps.  Going to do a little sideloading and see how that works out.

Switched over to Apex Launcher.  Hell of a good improvement over the default launcher with the giant icons that it comes with.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 05:58:16 am by darthskids »

LordDavon (OP)

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2016, 11:57:56 am »
Thanks for putting that out!  Just finished installing and booting up.  So far so good.  Going to root it in a bit and see if that market helper works or not.

update: Rooted, shield hub works, no luck with market helper or the shield exclusive apps.  Going to do a little sideloading and see how that works out.

Switched over to Apex Launcher.  Hell of a good improvement over the default launcher with the giant icons that it comes with.

Awesome!  Thank you for helping test it out. :-)

skelton

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 12:05:33 pm »
Did you try changing governor in kernel to interactive as default? Perhaps that help to people having issues with emulators like mame running with stuttering (it seems it's only solved puting device in high performance mode, which is the same as using performance governor all the time.) although rooting the system with a cpu app anyone can try I guess.

I cannot test it unfortunately to give feedback, I'll get a s192K on monday, the one with RK3288.

did you try the CWM i send you? Because it would be a nice adittion in case if it works. I can extract system.img if you want to see if I can suggest anything. Did they send you the kernel patch for battery issues?

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:32:53 pm by skelton »
Retired

SPYCOS23

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 01:26:17 pm »
Salut ,d?sol? je ne parle pas anglais , je pass? pour f?liciter lorddavon pour son taf , super , merci a toi , sinon je voulais savoir si c'?t? possible que tu int?gre cwm pour pouvoir flasher super su a la place de kingroot , sa serais juste g?nial , en te remerciant et bon courage pour la suite ;)

Post a new topic