Author Topic: JXDs7800B touch screen not working. & Dinodirect after service....  (Read 15511 times)

2DTRON (OP)

Hello,
I have been lurking for a while on the forum while I was choosing an android gaming tablet and since ordering a jxds7800b.

So I wish my second post was more about me enjoying the system but it's not.

My unit arrived today from dinodirect. Ordered it last week and paid for dhl shipping.

The unit was working fine when I turned on, got as far as downloading gigs wing on happy chick, gave it a quick whirl and exited game. Powered off unit and put it to charge.

Since I have turned it off and on again the touch screen does not work. All else works.
Faulty screen?

Any suggestions?

I have opened a claim to exchange the unit with dinodirect.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:55:02 pm by 2DTRON »
Shoot the core!

ooppee

Re: JXDs7800B touch screen not working.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:13:07 pm »
My screen will commonly not work after a restart. I just turn screen off then back on. Try this w/o restarting the device.

2DTRON (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:24:58 pm »
Yeah tried that unfortunately nothing happened. I tap the power button, screen goes off, tap power again screen comes on, try to move the lock and no response. Tried tap tap tap tap on the power lol and still nothing. Factory restore did nothing either. I would be temped to open the unit but worried I then won't be able to exchange it. Although for the return postage it might be worth it!!!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:35:23 pm by 2DTRON »
Shoot the core!

Kev7112001

• !
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 09:22:05 pm »
Yeah tried that unfortunately nothing happened. I tap the power button, screen goes off, tap power again screen comes on, try to move the lock and no response. Tried tap tap tap tap on the power lol and still nothing. Factory restore did nothing either. I would be temped to open the unit but worried I then won't be able to exchange it. Although for the return postage it might be worth it!!!

to fix your problem you need to open it and re seat the touchscreen ribbon cable cant miss it has a chip on it then turn on should work fine if not make sure it is in even and all the way if it still doesnt work then the touchscreen is bad and needs replaced

Kev7112001

• !
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 09:24:06 pm »

to fix your problem you need to open it and re seat the touchscreen ribbon cable cant miss it has a chip on it then turn on should work fine if not make sure it is in even and all the way if it still doesnt work then the touchscreen is bad and needs replaced

dont worry about not being able to exchange they wont be able to tell no void securities anywhere

2DTRON (OP)

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 10:15:58 pm »

dont worry about not being able to exchange they wont be able to tell no void securities anywhere

Hey man thanks for the reply. I'm going to hang fire and wait to see if dinodirect will exchange it . I'm hopeful they will, rather than risk damaging it by opening the back.

I don't know how the ribbon cable will have came loose as it was ok, I put it down, Picked it up, it stopped working. If it had some excessive movement I might be more inclined to look.

Will post the outcome.

2D

Shoot the core!

Kev7112001

• !
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 10:43:11 pm »

Hey man thanks for the reply. I'm going to hang fire and wait to see if dinodirect will exchange it . I'm hopeful they will, rather than risk damaging it by opening the back.

I don't know how the ribbon cable will have came loose as it was ok, I put it down, Picked it up, it stopped working. If it had some excessive movement I might be more inclined to look.

Will post the outcome.

2D
I repair electronics also had to do that to my s7300b and to the lcd ribbon cable of my s7800b from dinodirect i also modded the dpad to make it feel better i have a thread about it

Kev7112001

• !
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 10:44:16 pm »
also i see they dont add a stylus anymore sad

2DTRON (OP)

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 10:48:25 pm »
I did get a screen protector though.. For what it's worth! Ha  :'(
Shoot the core!

Kev7112001

• !
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 11:00:01 pm »
got that lol

ooppee

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 07:53:27 am »
I did get a screen protector though.. For what it's worth! Ha  :'(

I got a iPhone/iPod 5 screen protector with mine lmao

Kev7112001

• !
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 08:36:21 am »
yeah i think we all did

2DTRON (OP)

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 09:46:52 am »
I have had contact from dino. Asked me to make a short vid of the issue which I have done. So far it looks promising to getting a replacement.

I have also sent DHL an email trying to get postage covered from them as it it could have been damage in transit. In the email I have stated it had been damaged in transit.

Not sure where I will get with DHL but worth a shot. Hopefully I can get the return postage covered.

Will keep you posted.

Shoot the core!

2DTRON (OP)

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 12:49:53 pm »
Below are the follow up emails to and from dino in regards to trying to replace
my faulty JXDs7809b from dino direct

Hello,

I'm in the UK so USPS is not an option.

Our national mail service The Royal Mail don't track internationally. They have another company that do called parcel force, they are more expensive than DHL.

DHL were the cheapest with tracking at?59.95

Below is DHL, royal mail / parcel force quotes. (email had attached screen shot not visible below)

If you can find cheaper then please
Let me know.

My address is

On 9 Jan 2014, at 06:04, [email protected] wrote:

Customer Service Email      
Home | Help

Dear Carlo Santonastaso,

Thanks for your letter.

Would you please tell us how much money it will cost when you return it by the regular post service of usps with tracking number?( Please return it by the cheapest shipping way with the tracking number.)
Your corperation is highly appreciated!
Happy new year!

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
DinoDirect Support Team
Do you want to know how your order is processed? Please watch it !
Instant 24x7 Customer Service
www.dinodirect.com

Not heard anything back since this last email to them. Return postage is shocking and I think this might cause an issue!
Does not look good!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:41:05 pm by 2DTRON »
Shoot the core!

Kev7112001

• !
Re: JXDs7800B touch screen not working. & Dinodirect after service....
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 09:14:24 pm »
its so much easier to fix it yourself

darklight1138

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 09:37:26 pm »
also i see they dont add a stylus anymore sad

I found one on Ebay for $1! Free shipping too. Haven't gotten it yet but I'll post about it when it finally gets here.
GP2X Wiz
GPH Caanoo
Yinlips YDPG16
JXD S7800b (WebClaw 116.5 ROM)
Sony PSP-3000

Stealth Ninja

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 04:32:29 am »
Below are the follow up emails to and from dino in regards to trying to replace
my faulty JXDs7809b from dino direct

Hello,

I'm in the UK so USPS is not an option.

Our national mail service The Royal Mail don't track internationally. They have another company that do called parcel force, they are more expensive than DHL.

DHL were the cheapest with tracking at?59.95

Below is DHL, royal mail / parcel force quotes. (email had attached screen shot not visible below)

If you can find cheaper then please
Let me know.

My address is

On 9 Jan 2014, at 06:04, [email protected] wrote:

Customer Service Email      
Home | Help

Dear Carlo Santonastaso,

Thanks for your letter.

Would you please tell us how much money it will cost when you return it by the regular post service of usps with tracking number?( Please return it by the cheapest shipping way with the tracking number.)
Your corperation is highly appreciated!
Happy new year!

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
DinoDirect Support Team
Do you want to know how your order is processed? Please watch it !
Instant 24x7 Customer Service
www.dinodirect.com

Not heard anything back since this last email to them. Return postage is shocking and I think this might cause an issue!
Does not look good!

I went through most of the replacement process already so maybe I can help you. First of all did you purchase the .99 cent USD replacement insurance at check out? If so, they are supposed to reimburse you for your shipping costs back to them.

What they are trying to do is to have you go to your local post office to check shipping cost back to them. Take the unit with you to the post office and  have them weight it. They will give you a few quotes. Post your result in the same message area in your RMA case. Once they give you the go ahead they will try to negotiate how much you will be reimbursed you for shipping it back. Try to get them to cover the whole thing. The insurance at checkout clearly states that it covers the shipping costs back to them. They will also probably try to issue you store credit but if you push back they will refund it. I did receive the refund for shipping back to my paypal.

They will ask you to upload a receipt as proof that sent the unit back to them. Make sure that you don't lose that.

Here's an issue that I came across. They ship the replacement unit back via regular post. I tried to pay for DHL again but they went ahead and sent it regular post. My replacement unit was shipped from them on 12-25 US date. I was just able to track it last week. I will probably get it in the next week or two. It hasn't made it to the US yet but it appears to be leaving the country of origin.

If you want DHL again than I would recommend store credit and then set up the order again with DHL shipping.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also feel free to check with the rep that posts here. He's responsive.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:34:21 am by Stealth Ninja »

2DTRON (OP)

Re: JXDs7800B touch screen not working. & Dinodirect after service....
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 04:54:26 am »
its so much easier to fix it yourself

Popped the back off, ribbon cable is held in place by some orange translucent tape. The black plastic arm is down holding the ribbon to the pcb. Popped it up and pressed it firmly back down. No luck :(
Shoot the core!

2DTRON (OP)

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 05:07:19 am »

Does not look good!
[/quote]

I went through most of the replacement process already so maybe I can help you. First of all did you purchase the .99 cent USD replacement insurance at check out? If so, they are supposed to reimburse you for your shipping costs back to them.

What they are trying to do is to have you go to your local post office to check shipping cost back to them. Take the unit with you to the post office and  have them weight it. They will give you a few quotes. Post your result in the same message area in your RMA case. Once they give you the go ahead they will try to negotiate how much you will be reimbursed you for shipping it back. Try to get them to cover the whole thing. The insurance at checkout clearly states that it covers the shipping costs back to them. They will also probably try to issue you store credit but if you push back they will refund it. I did receive the refund for shipping back to my paypal.

They will ask you to upload a receipt as proof that sent the unit back to them. Make sure that you don't lose that.

Here's an issue that I came across. They ship the replacement unit back via regular post. I tried to pay for DHL again but they went ahead and sent it regular post. My replacement unit was shipped from them on 12-25 US date. I was just able to track it last week. I will probably get it in the next week or two. It hasn't made it to the US yet but it appears to be leaving the country of origin.

If you want DHL again than I would recommend store credit and then set up the order again with DHL shipping.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also feel free to check with the rep that posts here. He's responsive.
[/quote]

Hey bud cheers for the feedback,

Erm I did not get the return postage covered at check out as I assumed that was just for returning unwanted goods, not faulty. the unit is faulty, the postage should be covered by them.

Have they paid you for the postage? How much did it cost?

From the uk tracking all the way costs a fortune, the cheapest was ?59.95. There are alternatives but they asked for full tracking.

On a side note dino will be able to get insurance from DHL if they put in a claim that it was damaged in transit.

I tried but DHL said they could only deal with dino as they made the payment.

I have sent the rep a pm and will see what they get back to me with.
Shoot the core!

Stealth Ninja

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 05:52:08 am »
I shipped the unit back to Dino from California USA and I paid $46.80 USD. Dino refunded $30 of that to my paypal (they issued store credit first but I pushed back for an actual refund). Should have made them pay the full thing but I was feeling charitable I guess.