Author Topic: JXD V5200  (Read 20001 times)

SNESFAN

Re: JXD V5200
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 05:29:26 pm »
... yea I mean, why record this at a normal framerate? what potential buyer would want to see the actual performance of the device?

makes total sense to film it fast forwarded so nobody can accurately gauge if it's right for them...

even if I wanted to buy one of these, I wouldn't based off thinking they were covering something... same thing with that kulala-803 still haven't seen how that thing actually performs

skelton

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 06:00:49 pm »

Dealextreme's videos are terrible. A friend of mine has bought one, so I will be able to try them. I'll comment my feelings about this device.
Retired

skelton

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 06:43:30 am »

Antutu benchmarks of this machine, a friend of mine just tested:

Antutu Benchmark:
RAM: 367
CPU-i:636
CPU-f: 162
2D: 258
3D: 720
I/O: 240
CPU Freq: 1026MHz
Total: 2584

Not bad....
Retired

crzune

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 04:26:29 pm »
Dealextreme in general suck when it comes to customer service, & I wish that they would stop speeding up their videos

indask8

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 02:33:40 pm »
I think this thread should be moved to the android section.

I've received mine, it was quite an impulse buy, and I was worried to be disappointed once received...

It wasn't the case, let's say in comparison to the S601:

Advantages of the V5200:
-Better built quality (overall plastics feels slightly better), the triggers/buttons are softer (on S601 they make a loud click).
-Complete D-Pad (S601 is in two parts)
-Better wifi (much better range).
-Better screen (5inch)
-Better touch screen (very sensible, it's resistive but you don't need to press hard to make it react, I'll say it's a nintendo grade quality touch screen, resistive... but a very good one) + 2 point multitouch for zooming (not accurate enough for presice task, it detects two points but not exactly where they are).
Let's say out of 5 for the touch screen quality: S601: 3/5 V5200: 4/5.

-mini hdmi out.
-charge via DC in (faster) or usb (slower but I prefer since it's easier) (the charging/power leds works, red while charging, off when done).
-Rooted out of the box, I've used titanium backup to get rid of the useless chinese apps/keyboards

Disadvantage:
-Weaker Cpu/gpu combo, especially since the S601 got it's 800mhz+ update.
-Less RAM, only 256mb, taking out what the gpu uses + what android uses you only have 70mb of free ram (not counting inactive ram but that's still a lot less than the 200+mb of free ram of the S601).
-The firmware files seem to be much harder to mod.
-Now that jxd are in an android console release frenzy it might be hard to have a community behind every single console they make.

On the overall I'm happy with my purchase, I'll say I'd recommend the V5200 over the S601 if you plan using more like an internet browsing device/video player thanks to it's better screen and touch screen, most emulator also seem to run fine up to N64 (although some high requirement games might lag).
S601 is more recommended if you don't really care about the touch screen or the real HD output and really want the best 3D/gaming performance and a more future proof device (cortex A9, the S601 might run fine some soon to be released 3d intensive games where the V5200 already shows it's limits in term of power).

Dotou

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 05:30:51 pm »
Can someone please tell something about his or her playing experience with the JXD V2500?

Is the lack of RAM noticeable?

Which PSX and N64 games run fine - which not?

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:27:37 pm by Dotou »

Dotou

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2012, 10:25:01 pm »
I found one (just one...) video which shows PSX emulation on the JXD V5200. I think it looks pretty good. Is this not representative - or why is this device so out-of-favor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8HYk1zQQ6A

PSX emulation at 15:50.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:36:05 pm by Dotou »

Deen0X

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 11:15:20 pm »
hope this link help you.

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.php?topic=80.0

here the original thread, google translated

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elotrolado.net%2Fhilo_review-consola-tablet-jxdv5200-habilitada-para-jugar-2-players_1767250

and here a mini-video-review i made for this device.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei5GBc5j4Uk" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei5GBc5j4Uk</a>
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:18:54 pm by Deen0X »

Dotou

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2012, 12:15:07 am »
Thanks! But I have still questions...

Regarding the video: Tomb Raider seems to run fine, Tekken 3 seems to lag a little. But possibly just in 2 Player connection?

Regarding the written review: At the cruical point for me (the emulating) the review becomes vague:

At this point if you start to notice the lack of system RAM, as well as the processor configuration, since to be a device to 1GHz (at best), the emulators do not quite go as fine as they should be.

I say that some of the blame is on the run configuration (and energy saving) specified for the processor, because sometimes, in the midst of running a rom, the system hangs for a moment, and all that I can think of is that is working at 27MHz at specified times, and therefore the system becomes slow and microcuelgues (and some macros too). Surely a good CPU configuration such problems would be solved (or would a lesser extent).

Are all emulators affected by this? Just the "higher" ones? And how often is "sometimes"?

I'm very interested in this device because it has a real D-Pad, and because I do not need N64 emulation as long as there is no real analog control. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:22:38 am by Dotou »

Deen0X

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2012, 12:23:57 am »
the micro-delays are present on all the running system, not specific of an emulator.

i think the problem may be the configuration of the governor. i set this to performance, but i think that really the setting are not doing nothing and keep the original "razor" than appear to be more extremist changing from 1GHz to 27MHz in a hard way, and becoming the device in micro-freeze status sometimes. (the response of the device may be delayed when cpu is at 27MHz)

hope you understand what i mean (i'm not english spoken)

greetings!

indask8

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 04:02:16 pm »
The first file seem to be related to the boot logo ...
The two others are quite big, maybe they are new firmwares for the V5200 or maybe source files for android on those GPXXX chips...
(wild guess)

Dotou

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 07:11:34 pm »
At this point if you start to notice the lack of system RAM, as well as the processor configuration, since to be a device to 1GHz (at best), the emulators do not quite go as fine as they should be.

I say that some of the blame is on the run configuration (and energy saving) specified for the processor, because sometimes, in the midst of running a rom, the system hangs for a moment, and all that I can think of is that is working at 27MHz at specified times, and therefore the system becomes slow and microcuelgues (and some macros too). Surely a good CPU configuration such problems would be solved (or would a lesser extent).[/i]

This is true in relation to the PREINSTALLED emulators, except for the GBA emulator, which runs fine. But all other emulators lag. The music lags and - the worst - the input lags, so that some games are completely unplayable.

But! If you install by yourself the COMMON Android emulators for NES, SNES, Genesis, NeoGeo, PSX etc. they all overall run pretty good!

Post a new topic