Author Topic: JXD to possibly release S7800 source  (Read 13100 times)

procyon (OP)

JXD to possibly release S7800 source
« on: November 12, 2013, 02:50:22 pm »
Well, well, well... Someone at JXD thinks I'm important.  Don't know why, but after I helped convince them to release the source code of the S7300, it seems my email to them has prompted them to consider doing the same for the S7800B.  I sent them the link to the wiki page that we started.  Their reply:

Quote from: JXD
thank you ,We will modify this issue as soon as possible

and source code ,maybe will  release for you and skelton this week

Given that the wiki page contains over ten issues, it's not exactly clear what they mean by "this issue."  Nevertheless, it looks like progress could be made here.  However, there are two issues:

1) Skelton has expressly confirmed that he has neither the time, nor the interest in developing for this device and,
2) though I may be a software developer, I have no experience building Android ROMs.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO... who out there among you think you could take up this challenge?  Vektor and Damedus?  The guys that Skelton mentioned from some other board?

And please do everyone on the board a favor, don't post speculation.  If you have solid leads on potential developers, say so.  But don't be like, "HAY, IT WOOD BE KEWL IF SKELTON DID IT!"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:32:42 pm by procyon »

Lovelace

Re: JXD to possibly release S7800 source
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 03:35:39 pm »
I've been following the forums for a while and I have to say that now I'm so surprised that I had to write something.

There are not many people that know what to do with some sources but if I was one of them, after reading the message, I would be less motivated to do anything.

Kisses.

stpat

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 04:12:56 pm »
There are not many people that know what to do with some sources but if I was one of them, after reading the message, I would be less motivated to do anything.

Sheesh... so many negative people on the internet... just spamming threads and not adding any value whatsoever.

Why would the message lessen motivation? It's actually a positive thing. I guess some people just always look at the glass as being half empty.

That being said, I think it's very promising news. Thanks for the update procyon.

procyon (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 04:13:30 pm »

What exactly was the point of your response?  What have you constructively added to the conversation?

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 04:50:49 pm »
SOOOOOOOOOOOO... who out there among you think you could take up this challenge?  Vektor and Damedus?  The guys that Skelton mentioned from some other board?
Maybe jxd_s7300? If he will decide to make CyanogenMod 10.2 (or 11, eventually) with Tincore support and fully working controls, this will be great.
Both NCCE and Sxelrom for S7800b will be wonderful as well. More customs!

Deen0X

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:54:23 pm »
i don?t understand. what the point of the first message?
i think you?re talking about things without so much sense.

as i know, skelton or any other android scener always get interested on developing things for devices.
one thing is that skelton tell many times that he do not have time to get any other device as projectm, and in this sense is so responsible from their part to not generating spectations about any kind of firmware or anything that come from their part.
another things is that he don?t have time now, but maybe in some time he have time to dedicate to any project like this.

you told that skelton don?t have interest, but is not true (not full). he posted on another thread that he don?t have interest on the device from a team that do things in another way, not the same as skelton (or other guys) work.

with this, i?m not saying that he will get any device as new project. Simply i consider good to get clear about this part. (i figure skelton will post here, but figure too that skelton just now is so busy right now for post any message)

And another thing. we (me and other guys) are doing a hard working in backstage (not public) way, talking with many guys, all for try to JXD think in the way that big companies do things, that means, releasing source code. This work is not from now, come from months and months ago. Yes, in fact, we get news that JXD is considering (there are other things that they must consider, not only our requests). In my oppinion, i don?t think JXD consider you?re important for this. simply, is a mere coincidence. If JXD is releasing source code, is for the hard work of many guys.

the first post is not nice. you?re asking for anybody to develop a firmware? please!, learn and do it yourself! everybody learn from scratcj. you can do too. (I encourage you to learn so you can do yourself the custom roms)

greetings!

Deen0X

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 05:57:12 pm »
and please, for future reference, if you want to quote a personal mail, please spoiler (hide, delete) the name of guys if they don?t give to you their consent for do this.
one think is quote messages from a forum, other, from personal mail.

procyon (OP)

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 06:25:43 pm »
Wow... this is retarded.

Look, all I'm trying to do is help facilitate the transfer of the source code from JXD to someone who would be interested in working on building a custom ROM for the device.  That's it.  I don't have time to learn how to do it myself.  Like skelton, I don't have time to do this as I have too many other projects to work on. 

And Deen0X, if you had been paying any attention to the S7800B threads, you would know that skelton has specifically said he will NOT be working on this device.  If you need further proof:

I already suggested some devs for this device, all of them from freaktab forum: Finless, Lewy, Leolas, Riley, .... any of them can make a quick rom for it with essential fixes. But I'm out sorry, almost no free time and my few free time is for other devices. I was crystal clear when I said I wasn't going to work in this device.

I don't think I misunderstood him when he said he wasn't going to be working on the S7800B.

Additionally, whose name did I reveal from the email???  I didn't give out anyone's email address, all I said was that it was JXD.  And I made it clear that it was an email, not a forum post.

I had no idea that you were working with JXD in any way, shape, or form.  All I know is what I was told, and I reported it here for everyone to read, and see if there was anyone else interested in working with the source code.  Don't get upset if you end up having a little competition.  The existence of both skelrom and NCCE was what made both ROMs so good.

If everyone is going to just get pissy about this, I'll just shut up and let the source code sit unused.  If I had the time to learn how to do it and work on it myself, I would, but I've got a family and a career to think about first.  I just wanted to see if anyone else was interested in trying.  I don't see why people are getting so bent out of shape.

acid

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 06:43:21 pm »
Behave, kids! :-P  But seriously, this is great news, Procyon. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully some devs will be interested in creating a custom rom. This is a great device. It just needs a little push to be amazing.

acid

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 06:44:13 pm »
Double post. Sorry.

procyon (OP)

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 01:55:15 am »
Based on some PMs I received, I just figured it out...

Lovelace == Deen0X.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 05:37:10 am »

What exactly was the point of your response?  What have you constructively added to the conversation?

Well Im not sure their reasoning but I kinda agree with their final thought.

My way of thinking of this is JXD started out with closed source, said they would not release it.
They release a product that appears to have quite a number of problems.. hopefully most of it is firmware based and/or fixable.
Now they think.. hey maybe we release the source, if not open then at least to a few people.
My first thought is (free labor), You clean up their mess for them, They profit!

I haven't even gotten mine yet (hopefully tomorrow) and already the problems have dampened my enthusiasm for the 78.

This is my first android device, first tablet, first JXD and how they handle the problem will dictate whether I consider another JXD when it comes time to buy a replacement.

Unlike many here I can not excuse issues with the device based on the country of origin nor the price at a 150+ dollars.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:39:01 am by Joe Sixpack »

tskillz78

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 06:38:57 am »
This is great news procyon!! or at least a great start to at least getting them to concider releasing something somebody could possibly work with..I think i'll keep mine now.. i may have no choice foxoffer has not responded to my emails or emailed me back after showing them the pic of my missing camera..so i may be stuck with mine.. oh well..i'm happy somebody stepped up to the plate other than me and ploon..i appreciate your effort...cheers!!!           and dont pay attention or feed the troll(s) in this post.. they must have nothing good doing on in life so to make themselves or self feel better, spread negativity. sucks to be them my i feel bad for them..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:43:15 am by tskillz78 »

Victus

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 08:43:58 am »
This is great news procyon!! or at least a great start to at least getting them to concider releasing something somebody could possibly work with..I think i'll keep mine now.. i may have no choice foxoffer has not responded to my emails or emailed me back after showing them the pic of my missing camera..so i may be stuck with mine.. oh well..i'm happy somebody stepped up to the plate other than me and ploon..i appreciate your effort...cheers!!!           and dont pay attention or feed the troll(s) in this post.. they must have nothing good doing on in life so to make themselves or self feel better, spread negativity. sucks to be them my i feel bad for them..

You aren't missing anything from not having the camera, really. ;)

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 08:54:53 am »
I think i'll keep mine now.. i may have no choice foxoffer has not responded to my emails or emailed me back after showing them the pic of my missing camera..so i may be stuck with mine..
what do you mean missing? as it not working? or as in they did'nt put one in your unit?

Victus

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 08:58:26 am »
I think i'll keep mine now.. i may have no choice foxoffer has not responded to my emails or emailed me back after showing them the pic of my missing camera..so i may be stuck with mine..
what do you mean missing? as it not working? or as in they did'nt put one in your unit?

I'm assuming that his unit didn't have a camera installed.

Though, like I said...he isn't really missing much. ;)

acid

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 08:59:46 am »

Tskillz says he didn't get a camera module in his unit. He has a hole where the camera was supposed to be apparently. I find that hard to believe though.

Deen0X

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 12:13:48 pm »
Wow... this is retarded.

Look, all I'm trying to do is help facilitate the transfer of the source code from JXD to someone who would be interested in working on building a custom ROM for the device.  That's it.  I don't have time to learn how to do it myself.  Like skelton, I don't have time to do this as I have too many other projects to work on. 

And Deen0X, if you had been paying any attention to the S7800B threads, you would know that skelton has specifically said he will NOT be working on this device.  If you need further proof:

I already suggested some devs for this device, all of them from freaktab forum: Finless, Lewy, Leolas, Riley, .... any of them can make a quick rom for it with essential fixes. But I'm out sorry, almost no free time and my few free time is for other devices. I was crystal clear when I said I wasn't going to work in this device.

I don't think I misunderstood him when he said he wasn't going to be working on the S7800B.

Additionally, whose name did I reveal from the email???  I didn't give out anyone's email address, all I said was that it was JXD.  And I made it clear that it was an email, not a forum post.

I had no idea that you were working with JXD in any way, shape, or form.  All I know is what I was told, and I reported it here for everyone to read, and see if there was anyone else interested in working with the source code.  Don't get upset if you end up having a little competition.  The existence of both skelrom and NCCE was what made both ROMs so good.

If everyone is going to just get pissy about this, I'll just shut up and let the source code sit unused.  If I had the time to learn how to do it and work on it myself, I would, but I've got a family and a career to think about first.  I just wanted to see if anyone else was interested in trying.  I don't see why people are getting so bent out of shape.

sorry, i did not see this.

first, i pay attention on the thread that i consider interesting. i check this thread mention "source code" and come here to check if there is any news that i don?t know (not the case).
i really know what happens "in backstage". if you paid a little of attention, you realize that most probably i don?t need to post (or read) news here to be updated about these kind of devices/news/info.

I feel I have seemed rude in my previous message, but as I say, in general speaking i prefer to avoid posting unnecessarily, except when I have something to say (and for now, i don?t have nothing more).

greetings.

tskillz78

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 12:56:49 pm »
The camera was not installed in my s7800b. And if I bought a new car I won't accept a missing wheel or window I paid 200 bucks I want a complete unit.

acid

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 01:40:25 pm »
The camera was not installed in my s7800b. And if I bought a new car I won't accept a missing wheel or window I paid 200 bucks I want a complete unit.

You should post a picture. That sounds like something worth seeing.