Author Topic: JXD S7800B WiFi Problem any solution ?  (Read 15975 times)

kazy

Re: JXD S7800B WiFi Problem any solution ?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 12:33:22 pm »
Thx 153stars.
I will take a look

I have a dual band router at home so i'm interesting to put a dual band antenna if it's possible

153stars

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 02:54:55 pm »
I dont believe the 7800 supports 5ghz thats why there is only one antenna. That doesn't mean you wont see benefit from router if using multiple devices at a time. As 2.4 gets crowded other capable device will to use 5ghz . The slightly higher dba antenna will help but at cost in directionality . Of course a better made quality might do better full cross the board. Read about how to install them as well i think the benefit from  the ground area on meta larea or battery not "necessarily grounded on it " and antenna area sticking out from it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:21:21 pm by 153stars »

kazy

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 03:52:46 pm »
I dont believe the 7800 supports 5ghz thats why there is only one antenna. That doesn't mean you wont see benefit from router if using multiple devices at a time.

You're right
www.wpgcloud.com/commonDataSheet.action?name=00001383-xRTL8188ETV(QFN46)-CG_DataSheet_0_1_20120803.pdf

Chip is only 2.4Ghz compatible.

The slightly higher dba antenna will help but at cost in directionality . Of course a better made quality might do better full cross the board. Read about how to install them as well i think the benefit from  the ground area on meta larea or battery not "necessarily grounded on it " and antenna area sticking out from it.

Thanks for advises !!
I already have upgrade some wifi devices with external antenna and higher DBA. But Wifi connectors was small clips to connect not soldering connector. I need to practice because :  I'm a solder of fortune  :-X

153stars

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 06:27:33 pm »
A small pen type iron, I like 70tin-30pb rosin 60-40 ok too, tin wires first ,keep tip clean and tinned. Old solder sometimes the rosin receded back into hollow of solder ,so waste a little. On circuit boards faster is better if you linger too long coatings contaminate the job. Get a bump on pads"contact points" of solder, tin wires first lay on bump. melt together. An extra set of hands never hurts in this case probably not necessary. A good job looks shiny as it cools without wire moving in the process.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:32:30 pm by 153stars »

kazy

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2015, 04:06:18 pm »
Ok i have maybe another solution.

I have purchase a DWA-125 usb wireless key.
Same wireless chipset ( RTL8188ETV) than the S7800, so drivers are include in
No need to recompiling kernel , no ?

I have test to connect le dongle with OTG. Device seem to be correctly detected.
OTG host controller show me the : DW4-125 802.11n adapter.

Now i must find how to use this usb wireless key instead of inboard wireless chipset.
I have found this :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1484339
but i don't know if i can chroot my device with linuxonandroid ?

I have also try this :
https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?18269-wifi-connection-on-external-adapter-%28nexus-7-android%29

But i have a segfault error when i'm trying to start the wlan1

I'm running the kitkat 4.4.4 custom rom (@luiji)

kazy

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 10:46:11 am »
I haven't found yet a workaround to use the wirelless usb key with OTG.

So i have test to rework antenna's solder and move the antenna in another place.
Signal is more stable but still have too much high and low signal transfert ... until I'm moving the device in a particular position from my routeur => OMG  !! perfect signal

3-5 ms ping, no more paquets lost
I was able to remote streaming my computer's games on my S7800 flawless.

I don't have this kind of problem with my wifi laptop at the same place.
The JXD antenna isn't suppose to be multi directionnal ?

I will try to change the antenna for a better one, maybe an external antenna is a good idea.

Post a new topic