Author Topic: JXD s7800b USB Mass Storage not recognized by computer  (Read 7093 times)

Mighty_Max (OP)

JXD s7800b USB Mass Storage not recognized by computer
« on: December 22, 2013, 07:38:59 am »
I purchased the 7800 a couple weeks ago and it showed up promptly and right off the bat everything seamed to work which was pretty nice. Ive put it through the ropes and the tablet performs everything its supposed to perfectly. Well, almost perfectly. The usb will connect to my computer and it looks like everything is working on the tablets side of things, but the computer isn't recognizing the mass storage device and insists that it doesn't have the correct drivers. Tried it on another computer which thought it had the right drivers but the jxd didnt show up as a device that i could access. So far ive managed to be able to get around this by using Samba FileShare which is a wonderful app that adds the tablet as a network device, but i want to install SUPERCHARGED on it and the base instructions say that i need to be able to plug it into a computer for RKBatch. Firmware is 1.1.4. Is there a usb driver for this thing somewhere or do i need to install something on the tablet?
JXD 7100-White, JXD 7800b-Black, GP2X F100-black, Raspberry Pi, PSP 2000-custom shell. Homebrew and Emu since 2006.

XiTaU

Re: JXD s7800b USB Mass Storage not recognized by computer
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 08:15:47 am »
u should try using another usb cable the one they send with it are quite poor quality i have an old nokia one i use with my device which works a charm but the supplied will only work with alot of wiggling.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:34:52 am »
make sure it is set to usb mass storage mode, you can access this by hitting the 3 vertical dots options button in the storage window inside settings.

when you plug it in a window should pop up.. with the option to turn on USB Drives. You have to enable this to access the drives while connected.. make sure to eject from computer and then disable before unplugging.

as for drivers, windows should be able to access it via universal mass storage device.

every windows since at least 2000 shouldn't need any special drivers.

now IF you have usb debugging on it will ask for another driver but that is for ADB link which is'nt needed for accessing the flash storage.

If you're getting other types of errors try using a different usb port.. or if you're using an extension cord eliminate it as they can cause problems.

Mighty_Max (OP)

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 02:34:16 pm »
I borrowed a cable from an actual smart phone and plugged it into a mainboard usb port and that seams to have solved it. Window popped up and everything, thank you.
JXD 7100-White, JXD 7800b-Black, GP2X F100-black, Raspberry Pi, PSP 2000-custom shell. Homebrew and Emu since 2006.

Diablo944

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 05:25:26 pm »
I had a hell of a fight with my jxd7800b. Exact same issues as others here. I know this is an old thread but as it cropped up on google searches so often i felt it needed an update. Using a different cable did nothing for me. I still got the same driver issue. Vista pc, vista laptop, xp laptop, all had the same problem and using four different cables gave the same problem. I downloaded the driver recommended as being the correct one, but windows resolutely refused to accept it as being for the 7800. Then i found a rock driver installer app, (i was desperate by now as i was hours into failing driver installation). In the folder with the installation program were the drivers for the rock chipset in 64bit and x86, though the vista drivers werent there, only xp, win 7 and win 8 were in the downloaded fileset if memory serves. I dropped the previously downloaded vista drivers in with the installer files and ran the executable, pressed install drivers and instantly fixed the issue as the drivers installed perfectly (without needing to plug the 7800 in to trigger anything). I dont remember where i downloaded the rock installation program from, sorry, but had i known it existed it would have been my search of choice rather than the limited driver search i had been using.

Either way, it worked for me where everything else failed. For additional reference, ALL the usb cables i had used work. I tested each with the 7800 and had no connection issues whatsoever.