Author Topic: JXD s7800B - Supercharged firmware - some vital questions.  (Read 2293 times)

tintin (OP)

JXD s7800B - Supercharged firmware - some vital questions.
« on: January 10, 2014, 09:44:36 am »
Sorry to bump this from the main Supercharged thread, but I posed these questions and I fear they just got lost.  I am drawing attention to them again as they might help other newbies too.
My questions were:

I am now in a position where I want to install TAN'S supercharged firmware.  I am new to this and apprehensive so I would just like to ask ANY helpful experienced person a few dumb questions before I proceed:

1. I presume that I start by following instructions for base v2.0 installation and then move on to v2.1 and 2.2 in turn?

2. When following base installation, do I download software to my PC then only connect my device (without SD card inserted) and proceed?

3. When all installations are successfully done, hopefully the SD card partition problem will be fixed.  When I then download future games, where exactly will the files, and data go on the device?

Sorry to interrupt any flow on here but people have been so helpful so far, especially Joe and I really want to get all I can out of this device.
Thanks in anticipation

PS One more thought!  Will JXD ever fix this partition issue themselves?

­

Re: JXD s7800B - Supercharged firmware - some vital questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 10:00:01 am »
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. On your SD.
Extra credit question: Nope! JXD's firmwares aren't very good, and it seems the official 1.14 version is the best we're going to get from them.

Edit: Sorry, I've been doing a lot of tests lately.

tintin (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:30:17 am »
@Made in China
Thank you so much for your prompt reply!! :)

BensJammin

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 05:53:23 pm »
yeah. Its just the base 2.0 rom, which is the more complicated one, followed by the 2.2.1 update which is installed via cwm so nice and easy. I had to manually install the rockusb drivers as they werent recognized on my system.

Then another kernel if you want to try overclocking.