Author Topic: JXD S7800B Scam ?  (Read 4133 times)

Teerak (OP)

JXD S7800B Scam ?
« on: March 19, 2014, 11:01:58 am »
Hi,

I regret so much that i've tried to buy this console to Willgoo.com, i got only problems since the beginning.

First, the so-called "free shipping fee" advertisement didn't take into account the custom free, so i had to pay 45? more to get my console.

Second, i got a console that is totally not working ! And nobody could give me any valuable advice to help me ! i really feel like i spend 200? for nothing and that's so difficult when you a student sparing money for important projects...
When i try to turn on the device, it just make appear a bunch of randoms pixels and 5 seconds after the device turn off automatically. Nothing more to do.

Third, i contacted the online service of willgoo.com and good lord, what a pain in where-you-know ! Everything is made to make impossible or very long any demand or any request you do. The answers are always vague, and the guy who answers you seem to read 1 sentence on 2 or not understand well English. He only gave me 2 stupid advice : charging longer the device and installing another frimware. Months of conversation just to get all the time the two stupid advice that doesn't work ! I even made a video to show them how act my console. There is clearly a deeper problem inside, i'm not a informatic genius, but i know that it is impossible to install a firmware if the console turn off automatically after 5 seconds (and even i could install it, i'm sure i won't change anything, i probably got a hardware problem).

Fourth, they're ok to pay me back but i've to pay the sending back ! How much am i going to pay for nothing ? What can i do ? Should i suppose that i wasted my money ? Why am i the only one having that problem ? They seem to be cheating with the law (6 months of warranty, but te law of my country promises 2 years for any device bhought online ) ! They are playing with you (they try to convince me to simply buy another device !!!) Please, help me !!!

lemmywinks

Re: JXD S7800B Scam ?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:32:02 am »
Your first point isn't their fault, you imported an item and have to pay customs duty on it. If you don't then you're lucky, I've never had to pay it but sooner or later it will happen. Also the bulk of that fee is most likely a handling charge unrelated to the value of the item, that's the postal services in your country being greedy and paying themselves a bonus for doing something you never asked them to.

The second point is understandable, they have offered to refund but you have to pay the return postage. Unfortunately this is a risk you take with buying from overseas, return costs can be expensive and to my knowledge no Chinese reseller will cover them. Only Geekbuying have said they will via their rep on here but so far we don't know if that's true or not.

Your best bet is to try and buy from a local seller on eBay or something so you have assurances in place (and cheap return postage) if something does go wrong and there is no language barrier, obviously a bit late for that now though.

People here may be able to help you with any problems though, have you tried carefully reseating the LCD ribbon cables?
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

acid

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 02:01:13 pm »
Sounds like willgoo alright. Having dealt with them myself over e-mail that sounds exactly like them. They also tried to convince me to take a 10 dollar partial refund on a busted 200 dollar console lol. And after that they suggested I'd just buy another console with a 10 dollar discount. Basically nothing came of that. Still have an s7800 with a busted gpu and they didn't help at all. I will never, ever again buy anything else from willgoo and neither will anyone I know because I will make sure of that. Not exactly a scam, but close enough.

the_randomizer

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 02:11:56 pm »
Yeah, after hearing these incidents, I think I'll buy from DinoDirect, they seem to have a very high reseller rating (8.9 on average I believe). Will Goo sounds like it's not the option I should take when I get a 7800.

fishwilson

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 02:41:29 pm »
I thinks its mostly the same whoever you buy from. They pack it well, send it to you for free in less than a month, if it works fine consider yourself lucky and enjoy, if not just move on, you probably paid less than $150 anyway.
Customer service is not what willgoo, Dinodirect, Geekbuying, Dealextreme or any other chinese reseller prioritize.

I'm not saying its the way it should be, but its the way it is. Deal with it.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 03:04:26 pm »
That sucks that it's DOA.

I thought willgoo checked these before shipping?

I don't know what country you're in, Im in the US and did'nt have to pay customs I looked a duty calculator online and it said zero.. so for the US at least I think these are free to import?

The problem of course is sending it back if there is a problem.
I bought one of the 1st batch units from Foxoffer, and had joystick and touch screen problems, I also would suggest avoiding them.

They take forever to respond to emails, you have to send a email, then send another one a week later to get a response to your first.

They offered to take my unit back (and send it to JXD for repair), But of course shipping cost was going to be aprox 50 bucks.

That's a lot of money with no guarantee your unit will come back in any better shape not to mention 1/3 the total cost of the unit.

Dino direct has .99 cent return shipping insurance, however a few people who have needed to use it have had mixed results.. a couple got them to honor it but they won't right away they'll fight you, try to get you to pay most.. or at least 50% of the cost.. you have to be firm to get them to honor the return shipping insurance (and you have to pay the .99 cents to get it when you order)

Anyway I tried to get FoxOffer to just send me replacement parts.. since the newer units don't have as nice a screen and use a "T" variant of the rk3188.

I was afraid I would get a replacement of the newer units, Would avoid me not having a unit for a month, and save us both some hassle.

Ya they did'nt like that.. never responded even after about a dozen emails, I eventually gave up, wrote them off..
Hope they choke on that money..

Luckly DX.com had a pricing error and was able to get one a 2nd unit for 50.
It was a newer "T" unit only problem I had out of it is sometimes the touch screen would get stuck (have show touches enabled) I'd tap somewhere and it would get stuck till I tapped somewhere else.

Oddly though it almost never does it anymore I noticed a steep drop after using webclaws 1.6 for 1.4(T-unit) kernel.. I don't know why but im not complaining.

As far as willgoo goes I would demand they pay shipping since the unit was DoA, basically they sent you a dead unit, they will probably blame it on the shipping company(s) though.

P.S
Have you made sure the unit is charged?
The included charger is garbage, I would'nt use it long term, but try plugging it in and see if anything happens.. the unit will not start with less then about 10% charge.. when you plug it in even when off it will come on briefly to show a battery gauge.

foleyjo

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 03:57:59 pm »
P.S
Have you made sure the unit is charged?
The included charger is garbage, I would'nt use it long term, but try plugging it in and see if anything happens.. the unit will not start with less then about 10% charge.. when you plug it in even when off it will come on briefly to show a battery gauge.

Also make sure it is actually on. With the JXD devices, usually when you press the power button it seems to turn on but doesn't. You have to hold the power button for about 10 to 20 seconds till the JXD logo appears. Otherwise the powerlight comes on and goes off again after about 5 seconds

Teerak (OP)

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 05:10:11 pm »
Hi, thanks to all of you for answering me so fast !

About the customs fee, I'm living in Belgium, and i really didn't know i was going to pay such a big custom fee (and also that it was free for USA !)

About the charger, you're right to ask that Joe Sixpack, i forgot to mention something. They send me (for free and directly to my home, not to the DHL building this time) another charger, slightly different of the first one, and they thought that it was then going to work, but nothing different happened. I think i've already tried to keep on pushing the ON button during many seconds, but i'll try again when i come back home. What Foleyjo said would explain why the device turn off so quickly, but not why there are such a bunch of random stripes of pixels appearing on the screen.

About what Lemmywinks asked (nice nickname), i hesitated to open the console myself (or at least to ask someone with more skills than me to do it) but i guess that my waranty would disappear if i try anything like that. So what do you think i should do ? Simply let them pay me back to not loose to much money i guess, except if someone has a true and certain solution to make it work.

ethaniel

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 05:18:14 pm »
Exactly 12 months ago (March 2013) I ordered from Willgoo a S7300B console with that formula (Bundle with DHL free shipping).
Of course custom duties are not responsability of the seller, but of your country's customs. For example, Italian's custom is not very fair :) I had to pay a 33 Euro bribe to customs :)

Speaking of customer service, I ended up repairing it myself... I think there's nothing else to say...
Willgoo customer service was totally useless, like there is none so deaf as he who will not hear... ;)

I hope for you that in a solar year they changed in better their customer service

mitcher78

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 06:55:48 pm »
Chinese sellers are different from eurpean ones, so you can ask them to OPEN your own product when purchasing it, and test that it turns on, buttons are ok, there are not spots on the screen, etc. They will open your box and test the product. On my experience, if you ask this before shipment, they will send you a good unit, or at least you have more possibilities of this. Otherwise, you may be lucky... or not.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 07:59:48 pm »
I doubt it's the LCD cable, even with it unplugged the unit would still boot.
Put it on charge, hook it up to the computer, try to turn it on, eventually if it boots you'll see 2 new drives, although you have to enable them in android so you want be able to actually view the files in them till you do but at least you'll know it's booted.

DO NOT open the device unless you're sure you will not send it back, I don't recall which sellers it was but a few people who had problems opened their units and got snubbed because of it.

DO NOT give willgoo or any other seller a reason to refuse service unless you're sure you will not send it back.

Teerak (OP)

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 09:12:37 pm »
Well, i think i'll just send the product to get my money back, that's the less risky plan, i think. By the way i've already lost the money of the custom fee, i'll again loose some money to send it back but at least i'll get back some money. I hope that it'll work because the chinese seller answers me so randomly, i'm afraid i'll never get my money back !

Now i sent message to ask how to get my money back, he answered me something like "ok, we'll pay you back, but not the shipping fee". After that i said "ok, can you give me the address ?" and he sent me the address and "we'll send you back the product for free after we fiw the problem", so he changed again his mind ! What is the warranty that i'll get my money back ? Each message, he tries something new to trick me ! I feel like talking with someone who has the Alzheimer sickness, he pretends to forget what i said 2 mails ago !

hankchill

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 01:41:07 am »
If your device is faulty, you're pretty much SOL unless you repair it yourself.

When I got a 7800b from Willgoo, the analog sticks were broken, and they did the same to me as they did you, provided terrible customer service and offered $10 back and keep the broken product -- essentially them flipping you a huge middle finger.

Honestly, I don't know why people keep getting JXD devices though. They're so terrible in quality and support. I got rid of the 7800, and I will never, ever get another JXD device, or any device from any lesser known manufacturer again. It's too much of a gamble to risk getting something that might or might not work. I'm sticking to the tried and true Nvidia Shield. At least they have *some* quality control.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 02:16:27 am »
yes it's hard to find decent service or even honesty from the Chinese, some are better then others but can't think of any that are great.

Hopefully the next few years we'll start to see more US made devices like these.
There is a market for them but unfortunately as of right now the vast majority of these are coming out of China.

The shield maybe technically superior but I prefer the physical layout of these gaming tablets and also the larger screen, the Shield uses 5 inch screen, I wanted a larger 7 inch because I also wanted it for tablet duty.

It should'nt be that difficult to break into this market.. basically just add physical controls to teh sides of a tablet.. profit.

Chris23235

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 12:07:17 pm »
If your device is faulty, you're pretty much SOL unless you repair it yourself.

When I got a 7800b from Willgoo, the analog sticks were broken, and they did the same to me as they did you, provided terrible customer service and offered $10 back and keep the broken product -- essentially them flipping you a huge middle finger.

Honestly, I don't know why people keep getting JXD devices though. They're so terrible in quality and support. I got rid of the 7800, and I will never, ever get another JXD device, or any device from any lesser known manufacturer again. It's too much of a gamble to risk getting something that might or might not work. I'm sticking to the tried and true Nvidia Shield. At least they have *some* quality control.

Maybe, because the vast majority of JXD devices isn't faulty and people are actually quite satisfied with what they got? At least that's the case for me. On the topic of returning items: I have successfully returned faulty items at chinese resellers and got refunded, maybe it's hard with Willgoo, but I can say from my own experience, that's not the norm.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic