• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: JXD S7800b Freeflight 3 app crashes  (Read 2857 times)

TheBaldConvict (OP)

JXD S7800b Freeflight 3 app crashes
« on: January 06, 2016, 11:41:55 pm »
Hi all,

Picked up this JXD S7800b today with the hopes of using it as a controller for my Parrot drone. which is controlled by either a tablet of phone Android app call Freeflight 3.

Only one problem, that app crashes all the time, on the JXD, have tried custom roms, official roms and nothing seems to resolve it. It pretty much crashes when opening the app so a drone isn't required to test it.

Would there be somebody here cleverer than me that could try it on theirs and possibly see why it doesn't work or point me in a rough direction for working it out for myself?

Many thanks

Tim

­

Re: JXD S7800b Freeflight 3 app crashes
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 12:20:19 pm »
The S7800B doesn't have bluetooth, so it can't control your drone (AFAIK).

TheBaldConvict (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 12:33:40 pm »
The S7800B doesn't have bluetooth, so it can't control your drone (AFAIK).

My drone uses WiFi rather than Bluetooth though so I wouldn't think not having Bluetooth would be a problem?

­

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 12:52:29 pm »
I don't know, really. The SoC shouldn't be a problem, so I assumed it was the lack of a BT module - primarily, if the app tries to access it and it doesn't exist. It might be other factors, but I really can't think of anything.

TheBaldConvict (OP)

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 01:08:55 pm »
Well that thought did cross my mind also about the Bluetooth, am going to try the supercharger rom later as I read that has support for "some" Bluetooth modules....

The software does control two types of drone and the other one is a Bluetooth one...

Maybe I'll have to get inventive and use APKtool to remove the Bluetooth code....

aerocar

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2021, 09:44:01 pm »
Tim,
I have same problem with Parrot FreeFlightPro. Problem has nothing to do with Bluetooth. I think the problem is that the s7800b runs Android 4.4.4. I have FreeFlightPro running perfectly on the newer JXD 192, it is running Android 5.1. Parrot does not say that 5.1 is required, but apparently it really is. Our problem is getting Android 5.2 on our 7800's. It has been done, but there is no good how to so it text or files.
Ed

Post a new topic