Author Topic: JXD S7800b broken LCD cable, naff JXD support  (Read 1629 times)

peanutwarrior (OP)

JXD S7800b broken LCD cable, naff JXD support
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:02:59 pm »
Well after a long stretch the LCD cable on the LCD snapped. Generally an easy fix as the screen is the nexus 7, trouble is JXD have seen fit to have a non standard connection, instead of a plug on the motherboard or the connection block on the motherboard to be larger than the connection to the LCD, JXD have seen fit to have them BOTH the same, making it more or less impossible to find the replacement part, with out forking out for the whole screen, even if that comes with the cable. The only way I see is to buy to nexus 7 cables cut the plug ends off and re-splice them together.

The USB stopped working, I managed to fix that using very small wires, pain in the arse.

I've emailed JXD many times, making it clear I will buy the component, yet no reply, seems they are more interested in selling than actually speaking to customers.

I've seen switched to an Iben as at least they send you free spares and communicate, joysticks are not as good as JXD nor the main CPU, emulators run no different which is odd.

as for the JXD it's now an experiment hooked up to a monitor, so if anyone needs photos of certain parts etc. let me know, if the nand arrives i'll still try that.

mkvsbs

Re: JXD S7800b broken LCD cable, naff JXD support
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 10:29:40 am »
Hi. If I am not wrong somewhere on the russian (4pda) forum there was a link to willgo where it was possible to buy a replacement flat cable for S7800.
If I still find it, I will report here.

Post a new topic