Author Topic: JXD s7800 - Custom Updates  (Read 3438 times)

tintin (OP)

JXD s7800 - Custom Updates
« on: March 24, 2014, 08:03:00 am »
Installation:
1. Download Rockchip Batch Tool 1.7: http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_OTM0OA/
2. Connect your S7800B to your computer via USB 2.0 (avoid USB 3.0 ports).
3. Power up your device and run the file RKBatchTool.exe (requires administrator) on your computer.
4. You'll note the tool shows a pink color indicating the status (device is connected).
5. Click the "Switch" button and your device will reboot. Install drivers via Device Manager.
6. Press the "Reset" button your device, wait for it to boot up.
7. Again, click the "Switch" button, this time the area above will turn green - programming mode ready (if it doesn't you didn't install the driver).
8. Select the desired flash image file (.img) and press "Restore".

Sorry to start another thread on these but I've decided I would like to install one of WebClaw's custom firmwares.  Probably, like a few other people on here, I'm not that proficient with Android and I am concerned about bricking the device because I don't fully understand the instructions.  My main questions are as follows:

1. Can I install WebClaw's version 2 immediately to replace my stock firmware, without having to install earlier versions first?
2. Do I keep my external SD card in my device or should it be placed at a certain stage?
3. In the above quoted guide from WebClaw, Step 5 - install drivers via device manager - I'm at a total loss here!  I thought the RKBatchTool would do it all?
4.  Is there an English video guide anywhere?  I know there is a Spanish guide for Tan's firmware but I can only follow it up to a point.
Once again, any feedback is much appreciated!

kristianity77

Re: JXD s7800 - Custom Updates
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:33:33 am »
Installation:
1. Download Rockchip Batch Tool 1.7: http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_OTM0OA/
2. Connect your S7800B to your computer via USB 2.0 (avoid USB 3.0 ports).
3. Power up your device and run the file RKBatchTool.exe (requires administrator) on your computer.
4. You'll note the tool shows a pink color indicating the status (device is connected).
5. Click the "Switch" button and your device will reboot. Install drivers via Device Manager.
6. Press the "Reset" button your device, wait for it to boot up.
7. Again, click the "Switch" button, this time the area above will turn green - programming mode ready (if it doesn't you didn't install the driver).
8. Select the desired flash image file (.img) and press "Restore".

Sorry to start another thread on these but I've decided I would like to install one of WebClaw's custom firmwares.  Probably, like a few other people on here, I'm not that proficient with Android and I am concerned about bricking the device because I don't fully understand the instructions.  My main questions are as follows:

1. Can I install WebClaw's version 2 immediately to replace my stock firmware, without having to install earlier versions first?
2. Do I keep my external SD card in my device or should it be placed at a certain stage?
3. In the above quoted guide from WebClaw, Step 5 - install drivers via device manager - I'm at a total loss here!  I thought the RKBatchTool would do it all?
4.  Is there an English video guide anywhere?  I know there is a Spanish guide for Tan's firmware but I can only follow it up to a point.
Once again, any feedback is much appreciated!

RKBatchtool is the program you use to flash the firmware on to your device.  but the drivers for your device need installing first.  Think of it like anything IT releated really.  You know if you connect a printer to a PC it has the capability of printing, but not unless you install it first.  The drivers are included in the RKBatchtool 1.7 tool so you dont have to find them anywhere.

External SD card question, I always take mine out before I start, just to be sure.  If you are using a firmware thats using only the internal memory for apps, then the card doesn't need to be in.  Even if you are using one that swaps the internal memory for your SD card, it still doesn't have to be in.  Just put the card in when its all booted up and working and it will automatically sort itself out.

EDIT:

If your a bit unsure on the drivers installation side of things, there is a one click installation tool below that makes the process a touch easier:

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/11/08/have-problem-in-install-the-rockchip-drivers-no-worry-rockchip-release-the-drivers-auto-installation-tool-download-here/#.Uy_8qqh_vfe
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:38:05 am by kristianity77 »
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

tintin (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 10:19:49 am »
Kristianity,
Thank you so much.  I will look at that link, and either way, will get my head around it!!

BurntOutNI

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 04:03:19 am »
Just wanted to say I recently got a 16gb version and followed the instructions posted here to a T and now have 6gb free space.  Complete novice, to flashing etc, had squeaky bumhole time while doing it but it has come out sweet, many many thanks, oh knowledgeable ones.

Some issues though, Start, select buttons seem different & it wont power off, keeps restarting now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:13:55 am by BurntOutNI »

Post a new topic