• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!  (Read 529525 times)

Skelton-retired

Re: Re: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!
« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2012, 09:37:19 pm »
Anyone tried some Xperia optimized controls games in th jxd? I have the qwerty.kl "similar" layout to to the Xperia play, but in games the circle button doesn't do anything, when apparently has a function, like in Samurai II, so I can not control the game properly.

I quote myself,  if anyone how to solve this problem....

I've read it but I'm at work, don't have the ability to check it right now, everything minus the back as home appears to be working from what I checked, I'll double check that game and get back with you

Thanks SNESFAN.

Another thing, i've read that there is a tabley with exactly the same processor that JXD, exactly the AMlogic MESON3 8726M SKT SH v4, but it's clocked at 800 mhz, so maybe it's a new way to investigate.
the tablet is the Gadmei T863
Retired

SNESFAN

Re: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!
« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2012, 10:01:08 pm »
The clock speed of the aml8726m meson 3 is 800mhz, its underclocked to 600mhz, should be overclockable to 1ghz at the expense of power and stability of things like neon and other media related things in the CPU , not the 400mhz mali gpu as it has a seperate processor.

We have source code for the chipset so it is just a matter recompiling and fixing errors until you get something that boots. Once that is done you make modifications to the source and repeat the process

You might be able to boot to that kernel by putting the firmware files from it on the sdcard uimage/uimage_recovery leave out or replace update.zip with what comes with s601 recovery and see if it boots without freezing up we might be able to do something with that real quick

These kind of things are effective and easy to do
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:14:45 am by SNESFAN »

sparkyidr

« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2012, 11:39:28 pm »
Has anyone had a problem with the sound on their 601?

Mine seems to have died tonight.
I still get sound via headphones, but not through the speakers.
Checked all the settings, and nothing seems odd there

:(

EDIT : did a factory restore to double check no weird software stuff..and still no sound from the speakers
Looks like a hardware fault ..... bugger

Wonder what my odds are on isharegifts sorting a replacement out?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:10:20 am by sparkyidr »

SNESFAN

« Reply #383 on: February 17, 2012, 12:28:20 am »
ok I found the problem with the back>home thing

bought samuri 2 and I see circle does nothing, i'm installing it on my xperia play and I'll do some comparisons...

it looks like on the xperia there's an alternate config when you press the button 305 (circle) and it's reporting both BUTTON_B and BACK at the same time somehow, I'm going to try some stuff out and see how it works

everything else looks good unless you guys notice any other wonky keys

the only other one would be DPAD_CENTER which would have an alternate BUTTON_B call

EDIT: after further inspection of that game, the buttons perform the same functions as they do on my xperia play... circle does nothing on the xplay either.... what is circle supposed to do?

also attached are updated and cleaned up qwerty.kl and adc_keypad.kl (adc_keypad.kl was the problem with the home/back thing)

back is truely home this time

if you want a more stock keypad setup modify qwerty.kl and comment (# at the beggining of line) out these lines and restart, but note we moved BACK to circle so if you revert it to just being BUTTON_A, back will still be home... so BACK function will effectively no longer exist unless you change adc_keybad.kl as well (change key 158 from HOME to BACK)

#key 304   BACK              ALT         WAKE_DROPPED
#key 305   DPAD_CENTER       ALT         WAKE_DROPPED

@sparkyidr- sounds like hardware failure... sorry bout your luck bud =(
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:31:28 pm by SNESFAN »

moofree

« Reply #384 on: February 17, 2012, 08:02:41 am »
I've popped open my s601 and from the visible physical design of the "analog" nub circuitry, I think it really is digital input.

sparkyidr if you or someone you know is handy with a soldering iron, resoldering the speaker doesn't seem very difficult (assuming that's what's broken)

The small wires underneath the big battery wires are from the speaker.

Be careful inside, if you lift up the double sided sticky plastic divider between the battery and the circuitboard, and you're not being careful, you're liable to lift the camera's solder leads along with it.
also stay away from the wifi module or you're liable to lift the solder pads like me!

You should probably see what isharegifts says first (they'll probably require you to pay shipping back to china   >:( )
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:16:41 am by moofree »

Rosenkranz

« Reply #385 on: February 17, 2012, 08:29:36 am »
Can you please post more pictures of "internals" of your s601? Like battery and chip set...

moofree

« Reply #386 on: February 17, 2012, 08:51:10 am »
Can you please post more pictures of "internals" of your s601? Like battery and chip set...

Well here's the battery and underside of the circuitboard. (sans wifi module)
I tried to pop the whole thing apart last weekend, but I don't have tiny Chinese hands to disconnect the lcd ribbon and I gave up. There's probably a trick to it. (I wasn't trying very hard ::) )

I'll try again, but no promises (I don't want to break it any more than it is already  ;D)

fosamax

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:58:02 am by fosamax »

Watto

« Reply #388 on: February 17, 2012, 10:46:30 am »
A quick question for anyone who can help, on the stock machine there is an arcade emulator which I'm pretty sure is a Neo Geo emulator. My problem is this, I cannot install this apk (Arcade_Softwin.apk), I just keep getting "cannot install", I have Mame4Droid installed which maybe interferring, but I doubt it as it cannot play Neo Geo games. Does anyone know how to get around this problem ? I know there is a Neo Geo emulator on the market, "Neo Pop" I think, which i may just have to buy and install !!!!

1wiierdguy

« Reply #389 on: February 17, 2012, 12:17:17 pm »
A quick question for anyone who can help, on the stock machine there is an arcade emulator which I'm pretty sure is a Neo Geo emulator. My problem is this, I cannot install this apk (Arcade_Softwin.apk), I just keep getting "cannot install", I have Mame4Droid installed which maybe interferring, but I doubt it as it cannot play Neo Geo games. Does anyone know how to get around this problem ? I know there is a Neo Geo emulator on the market, "Neo Pop" I think, which i may just have to buy and install !!!!
Mame4droid Plays NeoGeo games. You just need the neogeo bios in the Roms folder. I believe Neo.Emu is also a good
Emulator.

Rosenkranz

« Reply #390 on: February 17, 2012, 12:36:55 pm »
Thank you moofre and fosamax!  ;D

Skelton-retired

« Reply #391 on: February 17, 2012, 01:31:24 pm »
Mame4droid Plays NeoGeo games. You just need the neogeo bios in the Roms folder. I believe Neo.Emu is also a good
Emulator.

Have you tried neo.emu emulator? Plays better than tiger arcade? I've searched in android market but there is no lite or free version to test it.
Retired

sparkyidr

« Reply #392 on: February 17, 2012, 05:53:26 pm »

You should probably see what isharegifts says first (they'll probably require you to pay shipping back to china   >:( )

Cheers for the internals. Might well come in handy!

Yeah. I emailed them last night... They got back to me pretty quick, but mainly to ask the obvious questions like...was I sure I had the volume up!

Anwyays, I replied back saying I was sure it was a hardware fault and had factory restored etc etc, but have heard nothing back from them as of yet. But fingers crossed, hopefully they will replace it.

Skelton-retired

« Reply #393 on: February 17, 2012, 06:47:18 pm »
ok I found the problem with the back>home thing

bought samuri 2 and I see circle does nothing, i'm installing it on my xperia play and I'll do some comparisons...

it looks like on the xperia there's an alternate config when you press the button 305 (circle) and it's reporting both BUTTON_B and BACK at the same time somehow, I'm going to try some stuff out and see how it works

everything else looks good unless you guys notice any other wonky keys

the only other one would be DPAD_CENTER which would have an alternate BUTTON_B call

EDIT: after further inspection of that game, the buttons perform the same functions as they do on my xperia play... circle does nothing on the xplay either.... what is circle supposed to do?

also attached are updated and cleaned up qwerty.kl and adc_keypad.kl (adc_keypad.kl was the problem with the home/back thing)

back is truely home this time

if you want a more stock keypad setup modify qwerty.kl and comment (# at the beggining of line) out these lines and restart, but note we moved BACK to circle so if you revert it to just being BUTTON_A, back will still be home... so BACK function will effectively no longer exist unless you change adc_keybad.kl as well (change key 158 from HOME to BACK)

#key 304   BACK              ALT         WAKE_DROPPED
#key 305   DPAD_CENTER       ALT         WAKE_DROPPED

@sparkyidr- sounds like hardware failure... sorry bout your luck bud =(

SNESFAn, i have tested the v2 of the layout, the back/home problem is solved but the problem with native android games still remains (the button circle does nothing, so it doesn't do anything. For instance, if you have a chance test the game Fight Game Hero (i think there is a demo in market). This game is supposed to be controlled with the xperia keys. When you enter the game enter options to see the controls. You will see that you cannot go back to the main screen because the Circle button don't do anything.
Retired

SNESFAN

« Reply #394 on: February 17, 2012, 07:48:05 pm »
SNESFAn, i have tested the v2 of the layout, the back/home problem is solved but the problem with native android games still remains (the button circle does nothing, so it doesn't do anything. For instance, if you have a chance test the game Fight Game Hero (i think there is a demo in market). This game is supposed to be controlled with the xperia keys. When you enter the game enter options to see the controls. You will see that you cannot go back to the main screen because the Circle button don't do anything.

cool that is something specific I can work on, any more like this but with other games/buttons would be helpful

Skelton-retired

« Reply #395 on: February 17, 2012, 08:41:59 pm »

cool that is something specific I can work on, any more like this but with other games/buttons would be helpful

Thanks for working on that. In Samurai II, When you enter the game, click on Help, then in page 4 of 4 you can see the controls with an xperiaplay picture, the you can see that in circle it is assigned the option Heavy Attack, but in game circle doesn't work, but roll and light attack, triangle and cross buttons work properly. So it seems that Circle Button is the only one giving problems.

p.d: Sorry about my english, i am spanish.
Retired

SNESFAN

Re: Re: JXD S601 New android console from JXD with shoulder buttons!!!
« Reply #396 on: February 18, 2012, 01:10:07 am »

Thanks for working on that. In Samurai II, When you enter the game, click on Help, then in page 4 of 4 you can see the controls with an xperiaplay picture, the you can see that in circle it is assigned the option Heavy Attack, but in game circle doesn't work, but roll and light attack, triangle and cross buttons work properly. So it seems that Circle Button is the only one giving problems.

OK, I see what it says but on my Xperia play the circle does nothing still, not sure if its a problem with my play or the game is not programmed right... I don't know

I looked for game hero and couldn't find it, I did download dungeon defenders and even though it has some visual issues with the chain fire driver the game loaded and I was able to test all the buttons and they worked, tried corgy and some others that are advertised as Xperia play optimized and I see no differences in any of them

I don't want it to sound like I don't believe it isn't working. But unless you can give me a comparison like video of it working on the xplay and not working on the s601 I don't know what I can do

Skelton-retired

« Reply #397 on: February 18, 2012, 10:14:39 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcP7APlCkGw

In this video you can see Samurai II in xperia play and Circle button works.

Retired

Skelton-retired

« Reply #398 on: February 18, 2012, 10:15:45 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcP7APlCkGw

In this video you can see Samurai II in xperia play and Circle button works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww530HE1duE
in this other video you can see, Fight Game: Heroes in Xperia play. As you can see, Circle is used to go back in the options, something that doesn?t work in jxd s601. I'm not lying my friend, just trying to give some info about the device.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:30:07 am by skelton »
Retired

lemmywinks

« Reply #399 on: February 18, 2012, 10:31:11 am »
I'm having a button combo issue in more emulators now.

When the R1 + Left + Square buttons are pressed it is recognised as the Start button.
Same thing with L1 + Right + X
Also L1+ Left + Triangle
Also R1 + Right + Circle

Tried it in FPSE and N64oid and it does them so must be a hardware thing, don't think I noticed it before because they're not commonly used combinations (like R1+R2 etc.). In fact I only noticed it when playing Soul Edge.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....