• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: JXD S5800?  (Read 6815 times)

Dooyhey (OP)

JXD S5800?
« on: November 11, 2014, 02:28:39 am »
Hi, you guys here have jxd devices, so do you have a s5800? I am thinking about buying one.  Does it run emulator games well? Any suggestion? Thank you in advance.
My favorite game on jxd s7800b:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0tbhr4gqhI

foleyjo

Re: JXD S5800?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:01:28 am »
Runs emulators fine. Can even get full speed on some psp games (Seems to slow on psp games during disc access).
It's decent for phone use too. The controls don't stick into your face while talking.

In fact the only irritating thing is the conversation I always seem to have
-
"Is that a PSP?"
"No it's my phone"
"It's a PSP"
"No it's a JXD look"
"Well it looks like a psp"

debicho

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 03:56:53 pm »
 Good device for me. However take care, don't buy a faulty unit.
Learn some about the defective d-pad.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:58:34 pm by debicho »

foleyjo

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 04:20:24 pm »
Good device for me. However take care, don't buy a faulty unit.
Learn some about the defective d-pad.

Yes they fixed this in april so make sure your serial number is 201404 or higher

Hagane023

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 04:32:14 pm »
Mines brilliant. I agree about the whole psp conversation tho  >:(. Had no trouble with it plays everything well. Screen is brilliant. My serial is 201402 - 000416 and hasn't had the dpad issue I've seen on the net however I did get willgoo to confirm this before ordering. As a phone its good but as a replacement for my g5a it has been brilliant as the g5 dpad was really irritating but this is fine. Classicboy runs brilliantly on it and the new snes 9x plugin seems better than the .emu ones

KSS1992

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 07:16:53 pm »
I would get this device right away if they had a way of connecting onto the TV with MHL to hdmi.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 09:36:38 pm »
How is it's firmware? Is there any lag or slowdown anywhere?
Also, are the analog sticks sturdy enough? The main reason I leave my S7800B in its case or at home is because I fear for them breaking. Can I safely put and remove the S5800 from my pocket without fear?

foleyjo

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 10:26:52 pm »
I haven't updated the fw from the stock one as there was no real need. Speed is good. No lag or slow down. Internet signal is strong. You may need to use some kind of cpu controller to change governor for some emulators (PSP,DOSBOX,Dreamcast,etc).
My GPS seems to have stopped working but I think thats due to the device being dropped.

Hardware is sturdy. I usually have mine in my pocket as I use it as my  phone.  In my car I use it with spotify for music and it just fits in a small slot above my stereo. If the sticks were going to break it would be when sliding in and out of there.My volume buttons don't work but thats due to it landing right on them when dropped off a shelf from shoulder height. I use a volume widget app instead now

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 10:47:54 pm »
Thanks for responding!
I'm just in the market for a new phone, and for $130, it doesn't seem like a bad deal. I mean, it should perform well, and it seems to run emulators smoothly. You've already addressed my concerns about sturdiness and signal reception, and now just a couple more question remain - battery life and port quality. How long can it last under normal use, standby, and heavy use, and are its ports decent enough? My other JXD console has some weird static in the headphone port, so I'm just curious about this one.

foleyjo

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 07:03:33 am »
Battery should last you a day. Takes ages to charge though. I tend to power off at night and charge it. I have it so it automatically comes on just before my alarm is due to go off (A nice feature is tha auto on off)

Only time I get static is when it's charging  while I havve headphoness in

foleyjo

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 07:22:13 am »
What I find interesting (as a good point) is the lack of posts about the s5800. I thought it was because I was the only one using it but it seems it's because the people who do use it have no issues to discuss. It does just what we want and does it well.

Also notice nobody has come onto this thread to say why not to get it and to point you to an alternative, something that usually happens when someone asks  for purchase advice.

Hagane023

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 03:15:29 pm »
What I find interesting (as a good point) is the lack of posts about the s5800. I thought it was because I was the only one using it but it seems it's because the people who do use it have no issues to discuss. It does just what we want and does it well.

Also notice nobody has come onto this thread to say why not to get it and to point you to an alternative, something that usually happens when someone asks  for purchase advice.

Pretty much sums this up! Had iben L1 JXD S601/602/S5110B A friends S7300B GPD G5A and this is the one I have had the least (If any gripes with). Stock firmware is very good too (I was shocked for JXD). Overall just what I wanted. My only gripe is that the sound through the speaker for games is monaural and quality not great but through headphones is very good. The sound quality for phonecalls is brilliant though. So not really a gripe as I normally wear headphones.

debicho

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2014, 10:16:13 am »
 The compatibility with android games it's good too. I can play Asphalt 8 smoothly
With the analogue sticks. Modern combat and similar are nice too.

Dooyhey (OP)

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 06:04:46 am »
I haven't updated the fw from the stock one as there was no real need. Speed is good. No lag or slow down. Internet signal is strong. You may need to use some kind of cpu controller to change governor for some emulators (PSP,DOSBOX,Dreamcast,etc).
My GPS seems to have stopped working but I think thats due to the device being dropped.

Hardware is sturdy. I usually have mine in my pocket as I use it as my  phone.  In my car I use it with spotify for music and it just fits in a small slot above my stereo. If the sticks were going to break it would be when sliding in and out of there.My volume buttons don't work but thats due to it landing right on them when dropped off a shelf from shoulder height. I use a volume widget app instead now
Thank you for your reply. It seems great from the posts here. I am going to order one from jxdofficial now.

BensJammin

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 06:50:42 pm »
I'm also thinking about getting one too but wanted someones experience from here please. Basically, I'm a hardcore android gamer, but I'm thinking of selling my Shield as all the top games require an Internet connection now and with no tethering on my phone I'm limited to Ski Safari away from home. How is the s5800 with games like asphalt 8, rr3 and mc5? I recently dug out my s7300 and put cm10.2 on it and it plays asphalt better than I remembered. I could go for another much i5 but they are more expensive now and rarer than when I bought mine in 2013, and the i5s is non existent. There's also the snail 78p01 (much w1) but along with the high price there's something else slightly unappealing about it. The S5800 is at a lovely price at the moment but how long will it last for android gaming?

foleyjo

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 10:08:04 pm »
Sorry I can't really answer that as I only really play emulators. However Debicho did mention earlier in the thread that Asphalt 8 is smooth and other games are good too.

Dooyhey (OP)

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 09:23:05 am »
OK, got it, thx. ;D

GuZzO

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 09:40:16 am »
That's a pity JXD stop producing handled console because this one is great.

Good point :
battery
control
emulation 8/16/32bit
multimedia

Bad point :
mono speaker
PSP/Dreamcast emulation

but i didn't bought it for PSP/Dreamcast emulation and i use headphone so i really don't care for the bad points !!!

debicho

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 07:45:54 pm »
 Another advantage is, the  joystick compatibility in android games it's better in this device.
I own the Much5 too, and I get worse experience playing these games. I don't know if it's a
Joy driver derivated problem.
But the point is that I choose the JXD to play the android and the PSX. Better on this device.

Post a new topic