Author Topic: JXD s5110  (Read 426190 times)

lemonlimer

Re: JXD s5110
« Reply #660 on: May 30, 2012, 06:08:39 pm »
I also had my micro sd that fell in the S5110...
I had to open it to get it back.
4 screws then 2 more inside if i remember correctly... It's not very difficult.

Xavier

You have opened your s5110 before, I was wondering if you had a look at the wifi antenna? I am hoping it is attached with a u.fl connector where we can just swap it out for a better one

k0en

« Reply #661 on: May 30, 2012, 07:21:57 pm »
My wifi is Ok ! Thanks for the advertise guys. It was the switch button the problem...Shame on me  ::)

skelton (OP)

« Reply #662 on: May 30, 2012, 07:23:32 pm »
My wifi is Ok ! Thanks for the advertise guys. It was the switch button the problem...Shame on me  ::)

Good to know. Did you finally remove the phone.apk and the telephony provider.apk?
Retired

EugenyN

« Reply #663 on: May 30, 2012, 09:53:47 pm »
got console, and I want to say a few words about emulation and sound lag.

I compare *oid (nesoid, gensoid, snesoid) and .EMU (NES.EMU, MD.EMU, Snes9xEX) emulators.

All .EMU emulators have a big sound lag (0.4 - 0.5 sec) but the worst thing, that they have input lag (0.1-0.2 sec) ie action occurs with a delay after key is pressed (for me it makes emulators useless).

*oid does not have a sound lag (or very small <0.2 sec) and does not have input lag.  ie sound lag is a software problem. (not hardware)

but *oid works less smoothly than .EMU. especially Sega, and for *oid you can not disable linear smoothing/interpolation.

used "1 GHz" ICS, the latest versions of the emulators.

also I could not find a good ZX Spectrum emulator, which works with hardware keys. Xpectroid seems is the best variant. But it has a big lags during work (~ big lag every second). Can someone test it on Android 2.3?

sorry for bad English.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:05:04 pm by EugenyN »

skelton (OP)

« Reply #664 on: May 30, 2012, 10:09:27 pm »
got console, and I want to say a few words about emulation and sound lag.

I compare *oid (nesoid, gensoid, snesoid) and .EMU (NES.EMU, MD.EMU, Snes9xEX) emulators.

All .EMU emulators have a big sound lag (0.4 - 0.5 sec) but the worst thing, that they have input lag (0.1-0.2 sec) ie action occurs with a delay after key is pressed (for me it makes emulators useless).

*oid does not have a sound lag (or very small <0.2 sec) and does not have input lag.  ie sound lag is a software problem. (not hardware)

but *oid works less smoothly than .EMU. especially Sega, and for *oid you can not disable linear smoothing/interpolation.

used "1 GHz" ICS, the latest versions of the emulators.

also I could not find a good ZX Spectrum emulator, which works with hardware keys. Xpectroid seems is the best variant. But it has a big lags during work (~ big lag every second). Can someone test it on Android 2.3?

sorry for bad English.

As far as I know, Robert Broglia is working to reduce the lag in future versions of the .EMU emulators. However, the fastest the system run, less lag we have. The problem is the the ICS firm is not running at true 1 ghz (it's running at 800 more or less). In my JXD s601 running at 1 ghz lag is minimal.

About the Spectrum emulator, I've never tried any, sorry.
Retired

ashwin1234

« Reply #665 on: May 31, 2012, 03:00:27 am »

Xavier

You have opened your s5110 before, I was wondering if you had a look at the wifi antenna? I am hoping it is attached with a u.fl connector where we can just swap it out for a better one

No, the wifi antenna provided is soldered to the wifi card. I managed to extend my antenna and now the range is nearly twice of what it used to be when I got it.

lemonlimer

Re: Re: JXD s5110
« Reply #666 on: May 31, 2012, 03:03:12 am »

Xavier

No, the wifi antenna provided is soldered to the wifi card. I managed to extend my antenna and now the range is nearly twice of what it used to be when I got it.
How did you extend the antenna?

lemonlimer

« Reply #667 on: May 31, 2012, 03:06:15 am »
I could not find a good ZX Spectrum emulator, which works with hardware keys. Xpectroid seems is the best variant.

Have you tried Marvin?https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.dejvice.rc.Marvin&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImN6LmRlanZpY2UucmMuTWFydmluIl0.

ashwin1234

« Reply #668 on: May 31, 2012, 03:57:09 am »

I soldered wire to the silver pad that was stuck to the battery, then coiled the wire around the inside of the whole device. Now my antenna stretches the whole perimeter of the inside, giving it a huge antenna. Wifi signal has improved tremendously.

retrodoodoo

• * Confirmed Reseller
« Reply #669 on: May 31, 2012, 08:05:21 am »
my friend, you are talking about the WIFI connection on the JXD S5110?

You can change to connect your JXD S5110 with Wifi in other places.

It may be the problem of different setting in different country for the WiFi.

I am sorry for my bad English explaining for it.

sweetfa

« Reply #670 on: May 31, 2012, 09:46:21 am »
Never had a ZX Spectrum personally, but I did have its predecessor the ZX81.

Anyone wanting to try out a great retro game should get the emulator ZedEx and download 3D Monster Maze, pure genius.

No sound, no colour, no hi-res graphics but it was a landmark. It did need the 16k ram expansion though, too much for the built in 1k ram to handle  ;D

k0en

« Reply #671 on: May 31, 2012, 10:42:19 am »

Good to know. Did you finally remove the phone.apk and the telephony provider.apk?

Not yet! But i will make it faster ! i want to test autonomy with this files before deleted them to know exactly if this step increase the autonomy !

cutterjohn

• !
« Reply #673 on: May 31, 2012, 02:45:51 pm »
my friend, you are talking about the WIFI connection on the JXD S5110?

You can change to connect your JXD S5110 with Wifi in other places.

It may be the problem of different setting in different country for the WiFi.

I am sorry for my bad English explaining for it.
No problem about your english, but I think that you are mistakenly thinking of a different problem that what we're obliquely discussing here, which is: signal strength which is pretty awful(worst of ANY of my devices by FAR) because of the poor antenna used in the s5110.

e.g. I cannot reliably pickup signal in my backyard with my s5110 where ALL of my other devices have no problem.

Ashwin "fixed" his by extending the length of the antenna inside of the s5110 by soldering another section onto it. i.e. it is just a poor design decision by JXD to use too short of an antenna.

So we're talking about signal strength/antenna, and not as I am guessing you were referring to hopping around to different WiFi access points and such.

skelton (OP)

« Reply #674 on: May 31, 2012, 03:18:10 pm »

My Wifi is running fine, better than my JXD s601 and at the same level of my phone.
Retired

yoshi41

« Reply #675 on: May 31, 2012, 03:28:43 pm »
I have the same problem, only with a weak wifi signal. Connecting from the same spot, S7100 works fine but S5110 has a lot of time outs.
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

sweetfa

« Reply #676 on: May 31, 2012, 04:04:27 pm »
I have the same problem, only with a weak wifi signal. Connecting from the same spot, S7100 works fine but S5110 has a lot of time outs.
In the same room as my router I get drop outs on my wifi signal despite it being only a few feet away.

Most of the time it's a good signal (as you'd expect) but every now and then it drops to zero.

Never happened on the GB rom.

ashwin1234

« Reply #677 on: May 31, 2012, 04:25:37 pm »

No problem about your english, but I think that you are mistakenly thinking of a different problem that what we're obliquely discussing here, which is: signal strength which is pretty awful(worst of ANY of my devices by FAR) because of the poor antenna used in the s5110.

e.g. I cannot reliably pickup signal in my backyard with my s5110 where ALL of my other devices have no problem.

Ashwin "fixed" his by extending the length of the antenna inside of the s5110 by soldering another section onto it. i.e. it is just a poor design decision by JXD to use too short of an antenna.

So we're talking about signal strength/antenna, and not as I am guessing you were referring to hopping around to different WiFi access points and such.
[/quote]

You should really consider doing the same. I have wifi issues as my router is at the ground floor in my 2-story house. And my room is blocked by a few concrete walls. I have hacked my router to transmit at 80mW which is very high compared to the original output power. If you find upgrading the antenna is too difficult, then consider hacking your router to have higher output power.

lemonlimer

« Reply #678 on: May 31, 2012, 06:56:55 pm »

I soldered wire to the silver pad that was stuck to the battery, then coiled the wire around the inside of the whole device. Now my antenna stretches the whole perimeter of the inside, giving it a huge antenna. Wifi signal has improved tremendously.

This sounds like a very useful hardware mod. I would appreciate a little more detail as to what wire you used that was effective. Thanks!

EugenyN

« Reply #679 on: May 31, 2012, 10:26:07 pm »
tested Android 2.3 and got some interesting results.

android - 2.3, 1999 bogomips, 1 Ghz - AnTuTu 2950 (570 CPU)
android - 2.3, 1594 bogomips, 800 Mhz - AnTuTu 2900 (538 CPU)
android - 4.0, 1556 bogomips, 1 Ghz (fake?) - AnTuTu 3008 (533 CPU)

2.3 Market does not see many applications.

MD.EMU and Gensoid work on 2.3 is much worse (slower) with missing frames. Problems with sound lag and input lag for MD.EMU remained. (tested at 800 and 1000 core)

on a white screen of 2.3 you may notice a small ripple, in 4.0 it is less noticeable.

only one advantage 2.3 for me - Xpectroid works without lags on 2.3.

I returned to 4.0.