Author Topic: JXD S192k Questions  (Read 2548 times)

nazz2k4 (OP)

JXD S192k Questions
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:57:44 pm »
Hi all, just joined as i see you have an active jxd forum. Basically i have just purchased a s192k and was wondering a few things before it arrives.

1) i saw on another thread the stock firmware for the JXD s192k, (https://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/jxd-s192k-firmware/) thank you to that poster, it will come in handy should i mess anything up when i get mine.

2) are there any custom roms compatable with the s192k? if so does anyone know the advantages of this over the stock 5.1 firmware that it comes shipped with?

3) does the s192k already come pre rooted? if not does anyone recommend a decent rooter for the s192k?

4) i have read on some recent reviews to get rid of most of the stock emulators and redownload their updated versions and install them. Again anyone know of any better emus than the ones it comes preloaded with if there are any.

Basically once i get my device im sure i will answer most of my own questions once i can get to play with it and google most things, but as you lot seem to be in the know thought i would ask here first. :-)

Kind regards

porter214

Re: JXD S192k Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:59:25 pm »
hello mate, i was the person that posted the firmware. Let me know what you get working on this. i havent used mine for months.

i did manage to set up moonlight nvidia game stream on it, which streamed dolphin emulator from my pc and it worked flawlessly (i have a 200mbs broadband)

my dream is to get the remote play on ps4 working with it, which is what i mainly bought it for, but i am yet to get a working version despite trying nearly 50 times with different youtube tutorials ...

HercTNT

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 12:49:02 am »
sorry for the late reply. No custom firmware that I know of and not likely going to be. This device was priced rather high and i'm not sure their is a big enough community to support it as such. The firmware is not pre rooted. I have heard no word on if jxd plans to update it further.

nazz2k4 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:24:29 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Im loving mine i have to say so its a shame to hear you are not using your own. I am using mine to play every android and emulated game i can throw at it.

Yes for the price it probably wasnt worth it but i have it now so not thinking about that. This dolphin streaming thing you mentioned sounds very interesting so might look into this.

The psp and dreamcast emulators are pointless which is also a real shame as i was hoping they would work but oh well.

I do hope some custom firmware comes about for it. I rooted mine straight away using kingroot, then removed the piece of crap which is kingroot and kept my root by using supersu me pro.

rinn3gan

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 02:24:33 am »
hello mate, i was the person that posted the firmware. Let me know what you get working on this. i havent used mine for months.

i did manage to set up moonlight nvidia game stream on it, which streamed dolphin emulator from my pc and it worked flawlessly (i have a 200mbs broadband)

my dream is to get the remote play on ps4 working with it, which is what i mainly bought it for, but i am yet to get a working version despite trying nearly 50 times with different youtube tutorials ...

Hi everyone I am looking to pick up the S192k purely for the moonlight game stream. I love handheld devices and I just want to play my steam library on a handheld with in built controls at great quality.

I noticed the S192 had wifi A/B/G/N/AC and the new version S192K only had wifi A/B/G/ (no N or AC) which baffles me. Im wondering two things:
- has anyone tried moonlight to stream 'Steam PC games' with the downgraded s192K wifi chipset and how is the stream quality?
- Is the device screen a 30 hertz or 60 hertz display? (i read some random comments somewhere that it only handles 30 hertz. If this is true, then I pass.)

Worst comes to worst my alternative for the bad wifi is using a micro usb to ethernet adaptor connected to the device to stream flawlessly but that's a headache of an alternative.

Anyone can help me out?

Dimasmith

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 01:49:37 am »
I bought the console jxd s192k.I am not satisfied.The fact is that you are deceived.you said that it supports the game psp.in the end, I did not support psp games.ppsspp games on it slow.because there is no support for android 7.0 and support drivers for it called: vulkan.I am very angry

Post a new topic