Author Topic: JXD S192K Firmware  (Read 711 times)

porter214 (OP)

JXD S192K Firmware
« on: August 12, 2017, 06:07:18 pm »
So basically i recieved my brand new s192k 2 weeks ago from jxd for my sons birthday, and i was installing applications on it and tried to do some cwm /twrp stuff to try and get remote play working for ps4 and ive ended up bricking it pretty much. When i have it in android tool/ rockchip batch tool it says found one maskrom device, and i cant get anything on the screen.

Skelton has been helping out and trying to find solutions but so far i have had no luck, as JXD wont send me the firmware file for the s192k and with it not being anywhere on the internet, im pretty stuffed at the moment !!

Would someone with the same device be able to try and backup there firmware and send the image file to me? i dont know if it would work but im kind of desperate now and need to get it working!
thanks guys!

skelton

Re: JXD S192K Firmware
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 11:44:21 am »
I tried to contact them and also chat with them but no response at all (they just told me they would contact their engineer (LOL). My guess they hired someone to make the firmware for them and they don't even have it at hand. If someone has a working device maybe they can backup it for you using this:

http://freaktab.com/forum/development-area/rom-hacks-and-mods-development/10570-backing-up-your-rk-device-rom-with-the-new-rk-2-1-tool

Is the only thing that comes to my mind to recover it, but you need someone to make a backup for you.

If your device is a maskROM is a bad sign. When you connect it to BatchTool which colour do you get?
pink? Blue? Green? If it's blue I am afraid you would need to shortcircuit nand to get bootloader mode enabled.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:49:55 am by skelton »
Retired

porter214 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 05:06:58 pm »
Oh dear it just gets worse , i can confirm i get a blue sign lol
Jxd had the cheek to ask me to charge it fully ....

Web8bits

• GPD, JXD and Hyperkin distributor in Spain
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 08:38:29 am »
Hi Porter

The last available firmware for S192K solves the controllers bugs, and others bugs, you can download it from here:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B_MwGd121hXdbkZMNDA5WGlNeG8&export=download

Hope this help you

Regards

HercTNT

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 02:28:51 am »
Hi Porter

The last available firmware for S192K solves the controllers bugs, and others bugs, you can download it from here:

Hope this help you

Regards

So I went out on a limb and decided to try out this firmware to fix a few of the nagging control issues. CAUTION to anyone who wants to try this. It's not an upgrade, it wipes your system completely.

Web8bits

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 09:59:57 am »
So I went out on a limb and decided to try out this firmware to fix a few of the nagging control issues. CAUTION to anyone who wants to try this. It's not an upgrade, it wipes your system completely.

Perhaps you made some wrong, we flash this update to all our stock of S192K to solve the controls bugs and we donīt found any problem with it.

Regards

skelton

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 10:44:53 am »
If it's installed via PC is normal that it wipes the device, generally via batchTool or androidTool RK devices make a full wipe
Retired

HercTNT

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 08:34:05 pm »
I followed the instructions provided exactly, they were pretty clear. If what skelton says is true then yes, I flashed it on pc. upon reboot, it formated all my data and cache area then reboot again and everything i had was gone. The good news is it does indeed fix the control issues and seems to perform better than before. The only weird thing i can say now is netflix is not supported on this device. you cannot download it via app store or use it via browser. I would also like to point out that some emulators do perform worse others perform much better. Reicast for example is terrible unless you turn off audio, ppsspp however is substantially faster than my q9 on android 5.
Hi Porter

Hope this help you

Regards

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 10:25:21 pm by HercTNT »

Web8bits

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 11:42:31 am »
I followed the instructions provided exactly, they were pretty clear. If what skelton says is true then yes, I flashed it on pc. upon reboot, it formated all my data and cache area then reboot again and everything i had was gone. The good news is it does indeed fix the control issues and seems to perform better than before. The only weird thing i can say now is netflix is not supported on this device. you cannot download it via app store or use it via browser. I would also like to point out that some emulators do perform worse others perform much better. Reicast for example is terrible unless you turn off audio, ppsspp however is substantially faster than my q9 on android 5.

Sorry, I misunderstood you, yes, as Skelton said, the upgrade firmware process wipe all the device completely, you must do a backup of your files, photos, emails, etc., before upgraded the firmware.

Regards

HercTNT

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 07:16:54 pm »
After a few days of testing I can confirm this firmware removes all issues I was having with the exception of not being able to use netflix. As for emulators, the only emulator that does not run good on android 5 that I have tested is reicast. All the rest seem to run great to me. reicast problems appear to be audio related, not video. Device resolution is not an issue either as games and emulators scale to their native resolution when running with no issues that I can see. Despite the upgrade confusion, anyone with this device will want to use this firmware. Thank you web8bits for making it available. If more becomes available in the future please let us know.

johannes

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 08:46:42 pm »
Uoyabause runs terribly bad in this device. Games thatbrun fullspeed in my gpd xd run half speed in this jxd. Reicast is also a bit slower, like It was frameskipping although i have frameskip to 0, so It runs jerky and with bad sound. Ppsspp is a hit or miss, in my gpd xd i can Play Tekken 6 or medievil fullspeed, in this device about 75 percent speed. Other games like jeanne d'arc runs a bit better.
Android games run very similar to my gpd xd. Some a bit better, others a few worse.
Device is not bad but i prefer gpd xd or even q9, the dpad of s192k for competitive fighting games is quite hard, like making parries on sf3. Luckily It was a gift, if I would have bought It with my own cash i would be dissapointed, because It's expensive considering the performance

th33kr4k3n

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 03:00:07 am »
any one know how to get it to select a boot option on the boot loader. it also wont boot fastboot protocol. please help

th33kr4k3n

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 03:06:39 am »
wont show up in the android tools either