Author Topic: JXD S192  (Read 214145 times)

Excalibur

Re: JXD S192
« Reply #1800 on: June 18, 2017, 10:43:08 am »
It isn't out yet.  I did talk with JXD and they said they are sending one, along with the sources and a firmware image.
Will you be posting a review when you get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ek-skal-uh-ber

LordDavon

« Reply #1801 on: June 20, 2017, 05:15:21 am »

I will do some comparisons with the K1 unit. 

skelton

« Reply #1802 on: August 03, 2017, 11:55:53 am »

I will do some comparisons with the K1 unit.

Just curious, did they send you the s192RK or the source code?
Retired

LordDavon

« Reply #1803 on: August 03, 2017, 05:41:52 pm »
Nope.  Even though they told me that they would, I'm not holding my breath that I'll even get one before release.  I'm not even sure the status.  I really want another project.  I had a lot of fun working on the S192.  Do you ever dig for new projects between all yours?

I've got a bunch of stuff together to build a bartop, so I'm going to be working on that.  My wife is going to have my father-in-law build the cabinet.  I tried... and well... I'm not that handy with woodworking.

skelton

« Reply #1804 on: August 03, 2017, 06:23:14 pm »
Nope.  Even though they told me that they would, I'm not holding my breath that I'll even get one before release.  I'm not even sure the status.  I really want another project.  I had a lot of fun working on the S192.  Do you ever dig for new projects between all yours?

I've got a bunch of stuff together to build a bartop, so I'm going to be working on that.  My wife is going to have my father-in-law build the cabinet.  I tried... and well... I'm not that handy with woodworking.
Oh i see. I asked because in my country is already being sold, so i thought It has been already released.
Retired

LordDavon

« Reply #1805 on: August 03, 2017, 08:01:49 pm »
Oh i see. I asked because in my country is already being sold, so i thought It has been already released.

It might be.  I'll check with them and see what is going on with it.

« Reply #1806 on: August 06, 2017, 05:34:46 am »
Don't even waste your time with the Jxd S192k it is full of faults and over priced!  Reviews are starting to be posted to Youtube and they are not good at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgLL3-9oYH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7F0LyNDuK0
Alienware 18 Sli Gtx 880m
Nvidia Shield Portable
Gpd Xd Red 64gb
Hp Destop Gtx 750ti
Hp Envy Desktop Beats By Dre Amd Graphics card
PlayStation 3 320gb

skelton

« Reply #1807 on: August 06, 2017, 09:19:31 am »
Don't even waste your time with the Jxd S192k it is full of faults and over priced!  Reviews are starting to be posted to Youtube and they are not good at all.

I am.not surprised. The proto i had performed much worse than gpd xd in spite of having the same rk3288. Probably because the jxd use Lollipop which is worse in rk3288 than KitKat.
Retired

HercTNT

« Reply #1808 on: August 06, 2017, 08:34:35 pm »

If you actually watch the first video all the way through he tells you  in some ways it has issues, in others it's clearly superior.  What I gathered is android games actually run much better, but emulators have problems. Now, I have owned this device for three weeks now and I can tell you it runs much faster than my Q9 In all android games I have used with it. I find it to be very stable, excellent wifi, excellent video playback, very good screen, looooooooooong battery life etc. It does however have some odd quirks. as he stated, controls can randomly go wonky but on my machine that mostly seems to be related to the d-pad. i have zero issues with any other buttons or sticks. I would say, if people buy this for emulation, they might want to think otherwise, for android games, it's the best device i have ever had and am very happy with it.

skelton

« Reply #1809 on: August 06, 2017, 09:04:36 pm »

If you actually watch the first video all the way through he tells you  in some ways it has issues, in others it's clearly superior.  What I gathered is android games actually run much better, but emulators have problems. Now, I have owned this device for three weeks now and I can tell you it runs much faster than my Q9 In all android games I have used with it. I find it to be very stable, excellent wifi, excellent video playback, very good screen, looooooooooong battery life etc. It does however have some odd quirks. as he stated, controls can randomly go wonky but on my machine that mostly seems to be related to the d-pad. i have zero issues with any other buttons or sticks. I would say, if people buy this for emulation, they might want to think otherwise, for android games, it's the best device i have ever had and am very happy with it.
Do you have the rockchip model or the tegra? I am surprised It performs better than q9 having the double of resolution and the same gpu. In fact i have rk3288 devices with Androi 5 and 6 and all perform worse than my xd. Also uoyabause emulator was unplayable without frameskip (the vídeo shows frameskip a lot in It)).At least the proto i had performed much worse than gpd q9 or the xd in both emulators and android games. If it's the tegra model of course should perform better. Though android games work really smooth in q9. I still should have my proto some where, but I haven't found a firmware in jxd websites to flash It and test (though maybe in my proto does not work)
I think they should have lowered the price. It makes no sense than It has the same price as the tegra k1 model. At that price a shield k1 tablet and a ipega9023 is far superior.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:12:05 pm by skelton »
Retired

HercTNT

« Reply #1810 on: August 07, 2017, 03:27:24 am »
I have the rockchip model. Like i said, i'm not comparing emulation here, only android gaming. In android games, i get better performance. A good example would be herosiege. herosiege is a fairly resource intensive android game and it lagged on my q9. On the s192 it runs smooth. Fallout shelter is another example. I have a large vault and with everything going on at times i would get slow downs on the q9, i don't get them on the s192. Delver is a 3d roguelike that ran good on the q9 but the physical controls did not work. the s192 is the first machine that has near perfect controls in delver. While i agree it's expensive (it was a gift from my wife so i can't complain) it's light years better than my q9 which was already an outstanding machine. People should not be looking at the s192 for emulation anyways. it seems to have been primarily built as a multimedia machine with android gaming in mind. emulation comes across as a secondary concern in my opinion. i use my q9 for emulators to fill in that gap.

« Reply #1811 on: August 07, 2017, 09:37:20 am »
No offense but with a device like the JXD S192k emulation is a major part of it's selling factor as is build quality and not to mention the technology that makes up said device. In the case of the JXD S192k it is lacking in all three of the aspects I just listed. I was actually considering buying one but figured I'd wait on reviews glad I did.
Nvidia Shield Portable
Gpd Xd Red 64gb
Hp Destop Gtx 750ti
PlayStation 3 320gb

« Reply #1812 on: August 07, 2017, 03:56:33 pm »
Here's yet another video showing that the JXD S192k has issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWJwtpKiZao
Nvidia Shield Portable
Gpd Xd Red 64gb
Hp Destop Gtx 750ti
PlayStation 3 320gb

porter214

« Reply #1813 on: August 07, 2017, 07:02:23 pm »
Hi guys, i have a s192k and found it fantastic for emulation, no problems with mine, i even hooked it up to my pc to gamestream and was playing overwatch on it lag free and quality and controls was sublime.

One thing i have been researching around for is to find a way to get ps4 remote play to work on it. i have tried numerous methods but they all seem to be outdated since sony blocked the port.

is there anyway to use the magisk method on the s192k? i cant find any info on it nor any way to install cwm or twrp on the tablet.

ryan

johannes

« Reply #1814 on: August 07, 2017, 07:36:18 pm »
I got mine a week ago from my wife, it was a gift. I also own a GP XD. I have a couple of issues with my device. Start button works when it wants, it doesn't register the input everytime. DPAD is pretty bad, I play fighting games and is quite terrible for it, also sometimes get stucked, so I have to play most emulators with analog.
Performance is quite similat to GPD XD, in some android games run a bit better, in other games is laggy, like asphalt 8, asphalt xtreme, or riptide GP:Renegade. Those games are smoother in GPD XD. In emulators performance is worse than GPD XD. Uoyabause runs slow, even in 2d games like Story of Thor 2, which is fullspeed in GPD XD. PPSSPP performance is also worse, is impossible for me for example to play Tekken 6 at decent speed, in my GPD XD is full speed.
Google play Store also shows less apps than GPD XD, though that's probably because I use legacayrom in GPDXD. Would be nice a legacyrom for this JXD.
All in all device is not bad, but I personally prefer GPD XD. If it weren't because my wife bought it for me I wouldn't have bought, because is not worth the price.

Post a new topic