Author Topic: JXD S192 Touch Screen Problem  (Read 698 times)

ahrinn (OP)

JXD S192 Touch Screen Problem
« on: May 22, 2017, 03:17:54 pm »
So I recently turned on my S192 (Tegra K1 version) and found I couldn't put in my unlock pattern.  It kept saying invalid pattern as soon as I moved my finger.  I eventually had to put in the pattern using the right stick, which was a challenge.  Once I got in, I found the touch screen wasn't very responsive in some applications.  Upon further testing, I realized the central third of the screen doesn't respond to touch.  Like if I'm on the home screen I can open the top and bottom row of icons but nothing happens in the middle row.  I've never had this problem before and have never changed the firmware from the factory version (unless there was a default upgrade from JXD that I don't remember from when I first got it last year).  Has anyone else encountered this problem and happen to know a fix?  I'd prefer not to factory reset it, but will if I have to.  Completely turning it off and back on doesn't seem to have made a difference and battery power is still high.  I'm at a loss for what to do.

LordDavon

Re: JXD S192 Touch Screen Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 05:12:34 pm »
So I recently turned on my S192 (Tegra K1 version) and found I couldn't put in my unlock pattern.  It kept saying invalid pattern as soon as I moved my finger.  I eventually had to put in the pattern using the right stick, which was a challenge.  Once I got in, I found the touch screen wasn't very responsive in some applications.  Upon further testing, I realized the central third of the screen doesn't respond to touch.  Like if I'm on the home screen I can open the top and bottom row of icons but nothing happens in the middle row.  I've never had this problem before and have never changed the firmware from the factory version (unless there was a default upgrade from JXD that I don't remember from when I first got it last year).  Has anyone else encountered this problem and happen to know a fix?  I'd prefer not to factory reset it, but will if I have to.  Completely turning it off and back on doesn't seem to have made a difference and battery power is still high.  I'm at a loss for what to do.

Unfortunately, the reset is the best thing to try.  You can back it up first, so you don't loose any apps.

ahrinn (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 03:16:59 pm »
I eventually tried the reset.  Sadly, it didn't work.  I contacted JXD and they asked for a video of the problem, so I made one and sent it.  That was a week ago and I have yet to receive a reply.

LordDavon

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 10:07:18 pm »
I wouldn't wait any longer in trying to get back with them.  They haven't been very responsive lately.  Keep trying to contact them.  It shouldn't take a week to know the screen is bad from a video.

ahrinn (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 08:23:47 am »
They finally replied today (after I sent a reminder) and will not cover the screen under warranty, as they make no profit from replacement parts, or some such thing.  I was right at the end of my 1 year mark, anyway, so half expected that.  In any case, they will send a replacement for $66 (includes shipping) if anyone was wondering.  Best to contact them at sales@jxdofficial.com.  Much faster response than their service address.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:25:39 am by ahrinn »

Murdrake

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 02:52:17 pm »
Hi, I'm wondering if the replacement they'll send you a Tegra K1 chipset or the crappy new model with rockship 3288. My s192 touch screen stopped responding and I want them to send me a replacement as well. Did they ask you for an invoice or receipt because I don't have mine.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:54:06 pm by Murdrake »

Post a new topic