Author Topic: JXD 7800A  (Read 4342 times)

Magnus72 (OP)

JXD 7800A
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:59:57 pm »
Is there anyone here that owns the 7800A? I am thinking of ordering that one too since I have the JXD 7800B now. But since the GPU should be better in the A model has anyone tested it with heavier Android games like Modern Combat 4 or San Andreas?

­

Re: JXD 7800A
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 12:42:51 am »
3 reasons against buying the A version:
1. It has little to no support or information.
2. It costs more than the B version - basing only on Willgoo's prices, it now costs $20 more, and even that isn't the best prices you can get.
3. If you're going for Android games, most of which are optimized for touch screen controls, why not just buy a cheap phone or tablet with superior specs? You can probably connect it to a BT gaming controller, and you'll have a better experience overall.

Personally, I think the market is in the calm before the storm right now. nVidia silently debuted the new Tegra SoC, which brought 64 bit processing to android. We also haven't seen a new gaming tablet from the Chinese markets in over two months - the S5800 doesn't really count.
This means that in a short while we'll see new, better gaming tablets and we can expect the Shield 2 in the coming months.
So if I were you, I'd wait a bit. You might see extreme price drops on JXD's products, or maybe even fancy something else. Keep in mind that Tegra 4 already blows every other SoC out of the water - and the Tegra 5 should perform almost 3 times as fast.

Magnus72 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 01:05:20 am »
Though the shield is pretty expensive and I do have a highend smartphone the Note 3 so no trouble there. But what I like is the design of the JXD 7800, though like you say I can?t even find any vids of a 7800A running Android games. So better to wait the tablets with better specs like you say or save up for the shield.

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 05:13:39 pm »
The Nvidia Shield 2 discussion has been split and moves to http://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/shield-2/

Post a new topic