Author Topic: HELP!! Crashed S7800  (Read 5948 times)

kristianity77 (OP)

HELP!! Crashed S7800
« on: March 01, 2014, 03:15:22 pm »
My S7800 currently isn't working.  When I turn it on, I get the Gamepad animation but thats as far as it goes.  The logo is also turned around 90 degrees.

Recovery doesnt seem to be working now (Its volume down and power button I believe?).  Pressing this brings up the JXD logo and then it just tries to boot as normal.

Connecting to PC wont pick up the device and drivers aren't currently installed so rockchip batch tool wont find it.

What can I do to get this working again? :(
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

Joe Sixpack

Re: HELP!! Crashed S7800
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 03:30:04 pm »
not sure if it's up + power or down + power will put it into flash mode on boot.
Make sure it's connected to the PC when you do this if you have batchtools up it will verify with a green square.

that's if you want to flash it (although this will wipe everything.)

Im not sure how to get into recovery, I was also told it was up or down + power and neither was able to get it to boot to recovery.

You could also try and see if ADB is working, I couldn't get it working when I tried however someone posted a fix if you do a search, hav'nt gotten around to trying the fix.

Ah, I see in the other thread your problem is a bad build.prop file.
If you can get adb working should be easy to push a copy of the old file back to the device and fix.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 03:34:25 pm by Joe Sixpack »

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 03:41:11 pm »
Yeah I copied and pasted a build.prop file and a permissions folder and thats what messed it up.

Ive managed to get into the system recovery (its volume up and power).  But even in this mode the pc wont pick it up. 
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 03:59:31 pm »
ok it must be down and power then that puts it's it in flash, Screen WILL NOT COME ON (iirc) it so have RK batch tool up and the device connected.

I had to do this when I was flashing boot files with badly formatted Mali speeds.

There was a guide running around for how to install CWM recovery but that means flashing.

Fastboot can be used for flashing but I couldn't get that to work along with ADB but like I said someone posted a fix but I have'nt tried yet... try a search.

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 04:03:52 pm »
My device is screwed I think.  Up and power gives me recovery which I cant really do anything with.  Down and power brings up the jxd logo which then vanishes and my pc just isnt picking up anything. 
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 04:12:45 pm »
hmm.. well fastboot if we can get it working should fix it, my understanding is it's very hardy, built into the systems bios I think, so if nothing else that should do it.

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 04:16:42 pm »
Ive currently got the android man on the screen on the device, and my laptop sees a S7800 but it just wont accept the drivers for it (im assuming its the drivers that come with the rockchipbatchtool?   It just says that no drivers are found (am on windows 7)
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 04:19:04 pm »
I see am i right that you've never flashed with batchtool prior to this?
yes you  need to install rockchip driver once it's in flash mode, screen will be off.. device auto powers down after about 2 mins.

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 04:19:44 pm »
I have, but since I did it ive upgraded from XP to Win 7
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

stpat

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 04:49:35 pm »
If you upgraded your OS, you need to re-install the drivers.

Try using the rockchip drivers from the link in this post:

http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/s7800b-1-6ghz-(tweaked)-minimal-firmware-wfixes-(by-jxd)/msg96064/#msg96064

As Joe says, you need to boot it using vol+ and power, then install the drivers during that 2 minute window (or else windows won`t see a device in need of drivers.) 

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 04:59:22 pm »
Getting a 404 error trying to download the drivers from there
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

stpat

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 05:03:29 pm »
That's weird... I just tried it, and it's someone's google drive (and working fine for me).

stpat

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 05:05:59 pm »
I just grabbed them and put them on multiupload for you, hopefully this works:

http://www.multiupload.nl/X7W80R709B

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 05:16:42 pm »

Brilliant that works.

I just cut my losses and reinstalled Webclaws firmware.   :D
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

stpat

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 07:07:19 pm »

Brilliant that works.

I just cut my losses and reinstalled Webclaws firmware.   :D

Personally, I wouldn't give up if I were you. You now know how to recover your device if anything goes wrong, so I'd try skelton's suggestion and make sure the build.prop file system permissions are correct.

As he said, you can do it using adb, or if you're not comfortable with adb, you can do it using "es file explorer", free through the play store - if it shows up as compatible for you! ;)

To do it using es file explorer, follow these steps:

- Before you do anything, install SuperSU from the play store (if I recall, it's not in the rom).
- Launch ES file explorer
- Expand the "Tools" dropdown on the left hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down to "Root Explorer", and click the "off" button to switch it to "on".
- Grant root permission
- Now, click on the words "root explorer" (not the on/off button).
- From the pop-up, select "Mount R/W".
- Give the /system mount RW permission.
- Copy the build.prop file I gave you to /system
- Now, let's fix the permissions on it.
- Long press "build.prop" until it get's a checkmark.
- Along with the "copy/cut/delete/rename" buttons you'll see a "More", click it.
- Select "properties" from the pop-up.
- The file system permissions will be about halfway down, and they should be rw-r--r-- (which is the equivalent of 644). Click on "change" to modify them.
- As well, the owner and group should both be root.
- Once finished, reboot and see how it goes.

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 08:38:10 pm »
To be honest looking at your instructions, that is exactly what i did the first time round, right to the letter actually (surprising really as it was guesswork on my part!) 
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

stpat

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 09:21:25 pm »
To be honest looking at your instructions, that is exactly what i did the first time round, right to the letter actually (surprising really as it was guesswork on my part!)

Hmmm... don't know why it's not working for you then.

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 09:45:59 pm »

Ive got it all set up now and put all my apps back on etc (took hours)  but something is nagging me to try it again  ???

EDIT:

I've done all the part again regarding build prop (as per your instructions on the previous page) and the device boots successfully as normal so thats all fine.  However, google play store is still the same.  Ill now try replacing the permissions folder and see what happens after another reboot.  Do I have to change any of the permissions on this folder as well or is just replacing it with the other one?

EDIT 2

Permissions folder over written and it reboots fine.  But still doesn't seem to make any difference in the play store.  I'm beginning to wonder if any of the games im trying are even compatible with the S3 as well if this is what the 7800 is spoofing.

Can anyone tell me if any of these apps are working on their 7800 (that is spoofed)

Angry Birds Star Wars
Angry Birds Go
Candy Crush Saga
SuperN64
Angry Birds Space
Whatsapp

These are just a few that work on Tans, but I cant get to work on Webclaws, even with the fix
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 10:17:33 pm by kristianity77 »
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

stpat

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 10:14:25 pm »

Ive got it all set up now and put all my apps back on etc (took hours)  but something is nagging me to try it again  ???

EDIT:

I've done all the part again regarding build prop (as per your instructions on the previous page) and the device boots successfully as normal so thats all fine.  However, google play store is still the same.  Ill now try replacing the permissions folder and see what happens after another reboot.  Do I have to change any of the permissions on this folder as well or is just replacing it with the other one?

Not sure about the "permissions" directory. I would suggest checking the permissions of the current folder and its contents (your current working install), then copy over the folder I zipped up for you, and make the settings the same.

kristianity77 (OP)

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 10:18:45 pm »
Have just edited my post,  I dont suppose you have any of the apps I've listed as non compatible on your device do you?  Just so I can rule out whether I'm trying to install apps which just arent compatible anymore either way.
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4