Author Topic: A couple S7800B issues  (Read 1937 times)

Yasaburou (OP)

A couple S7800B issues
« on: December 05, 2013, 12:29:26 am »
I got a JXD S7800B recently and have had a very good experience with it so far, however there are a couple issues that are irritating me. The main one is its seeming lack of power - when I watch videos of other JXDs on YouTube, they can emulate PSP at 100% without frameskip and play games like Modern Combat 4 at high framerates with no control lag. On my system I have to push framerate up to 7 or 8 to get PSP games to run at full speed (tested 3) and when I tried MC4 it ran at about 20fps with significant control lag, maybe about 500-800ms.
I decided to update the firmware, thinking that it might solve this and/or other small mishaps around the device, and I used the SD card method. When the screen came back on I saw an android mascot with a red exclamation mark, waited for a couple minutes and then the JXD booted saying that the update had failed. I thought I would try the batch tool method but the tool says it is unable to load config when I open it.

Is there an obvious reason my JXD would have such low power, and does anybody know what is going wrong in my firmware update?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

tskillz78

Re: A couple S7800B issues
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:15:44 am »
of course you have issues so does everybody else get a refund

chent7

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 11:18:15 am »
get the custom firmware by TANworks, it overclocks your CPU and GPU giving a way better performance

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 05:35:06 pm »
PSP games are very selective, if you ask the author of those video's they'll tell you some games run terrible.

I've tried a few games a few of them play almost without issue, most of them do not.

I had problems similar to yours until I installed cpu tuner and setup my own govenor settings.

I think the default was to battery cautious and not ramping up to the full 1.6ghz

Also I had read that there is a problem with the default settings on the GPU and that only 2 cores are active.
Apparently Tan has fixed this in their overcharged firmware, although it goes a step further and Overclocks the cpu/gpu also.. a few people have had artifact problems but next release they're also going to include a non overclocked version and so I would suggest trying CPU tuner or some other cpu setting program.. and if htat does not work then try Tan's firmware.

Also you can try tweaking the settings in the emulator.
You also need to temper your expectations that a lot of PSP game simply will not run smoothly currently.

Yasaburou (OP)

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 01:06:42 am »
Fixed my issues by updating with RK Batch Tool method. I'll leave this here in case anybody else has similar issues.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic