Author Topic: 7800B Complaints...  (Read 2821 times)

coliver80 (OP)

7800B Complaints...
« on: January 23, 2014, 02:42:01 pm »
Let me first say that I love my JXD unit. I've had it for a couple weeks now and must say for what you pay for the unit its very hard to beat. Even if you compare it to other tablets in the same price range without controls its hard to beat. I havent had any of the typical issues most complain about. My wifi works great.. my charger works great and stays cool.. my right joystick seems to work fine.. it comes out of standby perfectly fine.. touch screen has no dead spots. I am having an issue that bothers me a little bit but its not a deal breaker.. just one of those things that annoy. My d-pad is really spongy and pops and cracks alot when changing directions... is there a fix for this.. any one else experiancing this?? If not what other problems are you guys having (other than the ones that have been discussed 6 billion times)??

Kev7112001

• !
Re: 7800B Complaints...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 03:04:33 pm »
Let me first say that I love my JXD unit. I've had it for a couple weeks now and must say for what you pay for the unit its very hard to beat. Even if you compare it to other tablets in the same price range without controls its hard to beat. I havent had any of the typical issues most complain about. My wifi works great.. my charger works great and stays cool.. my right joystick seems to work fine.. it comes out of standby perfectly fine.. touch screen has no dead spots. I am having an issue that bothers me a little bit but its not a deal breaker.. just one of those things that annoy. My d-pad is really spongy and pops and cracks alot when changing directions... is there a fix for this.. any one else experiancing this?? If not what other problems are you guys having (other than the ones that have been discussed 6 billion times)??

Yes I made a thread about it
http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/lcd-colors-messed-up-and-d-pad-stiffener/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:25:51 pm by Kev7112001 »

coliver80 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 03:48:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply.. My D-pad is spongy in the up and right directions and firmer on the down and the left directions.. and left pops everytime it is pushed. So I dont know if putting the plastic shim in would work. Im sure it would firm up the up and right direction but am afraid it would make the popping worse for the left. Will probably tear it apart just havent yet because everything else is working perfect and would hate to screw it up..lol

Kev7112001

• !
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 03:53:57 pm »
Thanks for the reply.. My D-pad is spongy in the up and right directions and firmer on the down and the left directions.. and left pops everytime it is pushed. So I dont know if putting the plastic shim in would work. Im sure it would firm up the up and right direction but am afraid it would make the popping worse for the left. Will probably tear it apart just havent yet because everything else is working perfect and would hate to screw it up..lol

You won't it was the first thing I did to mine besides fixing the LCD which wasn't displaying colors correctly I also added it to the wiki

darklight1138

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 05:28:02 pm »

Yeah, I am disliking my dpad a lot. It works but it is probably my biggest issue right now. Luckily everything else works fine, like yours. In fact, my wifi picks up a stray network, probably from a neighbor. I can walk around the house with mine and still have a signal, albeit it weak, and this is using my laptop as a router. I was at the library and despite their crap networks I was able to get on just as fast as my netbook and had very decent speeds.

But my d-pad just has terrible movement. Like yours its inconsistent. Also I hate that if you press right, but you aren't almost perfect on the center of the right direction, it is easy to shift it so that the whole dpad rocks upward and registers the up movement, which is bad for games like Castlevania (right + up and attack for a special attack). I've gotten used to it but still.

Mine has that same feeling, like there is some weird resistance in certain directions. If I look closely at the d-pad, I notice there is a whitish gunk just below the line where the d-pad meets the device. I don't know if that's part of the material beneath the pad or what coming off.

I'd like to take mine apart but I wouldn't, if that makes any sense. I've taken these chinese things apart before with bad results. I wouldn't know what to do if I did get it apart. I read you could cut paper and put that underneath the dpad. That sounds like that would be noisy or have a strange feeling. I risk making things a lot worse than perhaps making a weak fix to a problem, so I don't know.
GP2X Wiz
GPH Caanoo
Yinlips YDPG16
JXD S7800b (WebClaw 116.5 ROM)
Sony PSP-3000

coliver80 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 05:51:03 pm »

Yeah, I am disliking my dpad a lot. It works but it is probably my biggest issue right now. Luckily everything else works fine, like yours. In fact, my wifi picks up a stray network, probably from a neighbor. I can walk around the house with mine and still have a signal, albeit it weak, and this is using my laptop as a router. I was at the library and despite their crap networks I was able to get on just as fast as my netbook and had very decent speeds.

But my d-pad just has terrible movement. Like yours its inconsistent. Also I hate that if you press right, but you aren't almost perfect on the center of the right direction, it is easy to shift it so that the whole dpad rocks upward and registers the up movement, which is bad for games like Castlevania (right + up and attack for a special attack). I've gotten used to it but still.

Mine has that same feeling, like there is some weird resistance in certain directions. If I look closely at the d-pad, I notice there is a whitish gunk just below the line where the d-pad meets the device. I don't know if that's part of the material beneath the pad or what coming off.

I'd like to take mine apart but I wouldn't, if that makes any sense. I've taken these chinese things apart before with bad results. I wouldn't know what to do if I did get it apart. I read you could cut paper and put that underneath the dpad. That sounds like that would be noisy or have a strange feeling. I risk making things a lot worse than perhaps making a weak fix to a problem, so I don't know.

Yeah when I first got mine I wasnt very happy with the left joystick. It was very tight and chunky when pulling down which made it very difficult to use on games like Crash Bandicoot where you are running towards the screen(away from a bear or boulder). This however seems to have fixed it self after a few days of use(guess it just needed broke in). I was hoping the d-pad would get better as well.. but it seems to be getting worse...

Kev7112001

• !
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 07:56:11 pm »
The reason for the dpad is it is to far from the PCB that why u add that extra layer of plastic stops the free movement and makes it more like a Nintendo style feel

Post a new topic