Author Topic: 7800 random reboot  (Read 1001 times)

Joe Sixpack (OP)

7800 random reboot
« on: April 07, 2014, 07:17:27 pm »
Very weird stuff..

I just tried to insert a USB thumb drive.. same one I use all the time into my 7800
It's light did'nt flash like normal.. so I unplugged it thinking bad connection and the screen went dark.
Thinking maybe the screen timed out I hit the power button.. it rebooted.. not sure if it actually shutoff and I turned it on when I hit the power or if it rebooted..

either way anyone had this happen before?

tried again once it was rebooted. but the drive worked this time.. kinda unnerving.

kristianity77

Re: 7800 random reboot
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 07:47:56 pm »
Very weird stuff..

I just tried to insert a USB thumb drive.. same one I use all the time into my 7800
It's light did'nt flash like normal.. so I unplugged it thinking bad connection and the screen went dark.
Thinking maybe the screen timed out I hit the power button.. it rebooted.. not sure if it actually shutoff and I turned it on when I hit the power or if it rebooted..

either way anyone had this happen before?

tried again once it was rebooted. but the drive worked this time.. kinda unnerving.

Mine does this very occasionally and seemingly for no reason.  Ill then hit the power button same as you and you can hear an audible click sound when you press it, and then a few seconds later you have the JXD logo pop up and it reboots.  I'd guess its happens to me once every few weeks or so.  Nothing seems to trigger it, its just one of them things.
Gaming Stuff owned:

PSVITA (OLED) with 64GB
PS4

gvilhena

Re: 7800 random reboot
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 03:19:17 am »
I got the same problem when i used a tf usb reader. every time i put it in it would re-start. a week later the reader stopped working. so i thought it was a faulty reader (it stopped working while attached to my pc and not in my 7800b)

never had a problem with my 8 or 64 gb usb stick.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic