Author Topic: [Warning][7300]DO NOT flash Stock firmware 2.1 if you have a custom firmware.  (Read 7733 times)

Damedus (OP)

According to the JXD site users with sxelrom can't update to 2.1 from the company( no idea why you would want to anyways it has nothing new for us), and users updating from NCCE will be greeted to a black screen(sorry the translations are bad and vague I'm trying to get a better informed translation on the why).

Badly translated reasons:
something about partitions change and sd methods on their 2.1 cause issues.

Badly translated changelog:
update on the new MX chip compatible processing
, update the HDMI bug in processing
3 backwards HDMI update
4, update the virtual keys (individual game to open the virtual buttons will be black or exit, such as the trigger of death, monsters shooting )
V2.0-0410 update:
1, modify the system stability, crash, standby revive the problem basically solved
key mapping: to increase the value of the auto-save feature of the virtual keys, open the game automatically reads the configuration data, and no longer need to configure .
3, increase the default virtual key values ​​to the factory default the game mapping data sheet

anyone care to really translate the real thing?
http://www.661yx.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=83677&extra=page%3D1
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

Lomax

They will probably have updated kernel and recovery, and partitions layout in the board.

Sorry for people using stock, but if JXD don't give new code, there is nothing to do.

Damedus (OP)

They will probably have updated kernel and recovery, and partitions layout in the board.

Sorry for people using stock, but if JXD don't give new code, there is nothing to do.
they did. also seems so fishy they keep claim that they fixed the screen wakeup bug, do they understand that its not the unit crashing(we fixed that ages ago...) its that the unit stutters by 2 frames... i really dont know any other way to explain it to them. also the reply on sources it was not ready?? cant they just give me the whole tarball they used to build the 2.1... im waiting see if they will give a patch or something. also it claims to load profiles without having to map them but that the unit must use pirated games available from their market, sadly I don't think that's a solution to the incompatibilities. It seems like they want to hide the flaws by offering pirated games that work only if you leave things as they are able to. last time I checked all their proposed games work on our firms, plus we have a ton more features in custom firms. Are they hinting that crashes aren't cause of hardware? cause last time i tested 2.1 stock i still freeze and crash randomly on 1 unit and other is fine so I dont buy half the things they said there(can also be lost in translation as half the things sound so weird.)
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:
JXD S7300B, PSP, Dingoo, Vita, 3ds, Kindle, ASUS Ti 700, SG2Sky, SG3, Note, Note 2, PS3, 360, Wii, WiiU, Asus quad-crossfire 7970 32g 4.8(8core) Ghz PC,ASUS GTX-71, ASUS H-1000, PS2, PSX, Jaguar, DC, SNES, Nes, SMS, Atari 2600, Genesis gen 2 /w cd & 32x. and a bunch of older consoles in collective storage (current:92 unique consoles)

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
standby revive the problem basically solved
oh boy

Damedus (OP)

standby revive the problem basically solved
oh boy
i wish they explained how to achieve that cause i certainly cant on 2.1
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

Vektor

All the partitions are now ext4

Lomax

Which is a big mistake.

Vektor

Which is a big mistake.

Wouldn't set them back to ubifs as easy as editing recovery.fstab?

Lomax

Which is a big mistake.

Wouldn't set them back to ubifs as easy as editing recovery.fstab?

maybe, but if they removed ubifs support from the build not that easy. Anyhow, 2.1 sources doesn't include anything of interest, except for their mapper for those that use it. Nothing of the important stuff is fixed, still a keyboard driver for mapping and anything interesting, so won't update Sxelrom with that.

Damedus (OP)

well i did play with it for about 4 hours and didn't have the wakeup bug, but i was rarely getting it in ncce 1.1 so not sure if they fixed it.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

herny

please,but from 2.1 to version NCCE/sxelrom is possible...?

Lomax

well i did play with it for about 4 hours and didn't have the wakeup bug, but i was rarely getting it in ncce 1.1 so not sure if they fixed it.

wakeup bug is there, the same in NCCE and sxelrom. It happens in all firmwares, because all people report it, unless you have a magical s7300.

herny, yes you can go back to any firm you want, no worries.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 05:58:58 pm by Lomax »

Damedus (OP)

wakeup bug is there, the same in NCCE and sxelrom. It happens in all firmwares, because all people report it, unless you have a magical s7300.

herny, yes you can go back to any firm you want, no worries.
no wake up bug on my white unit about 99% of the time, its not magical. I simply never get the stutter some people post on videos on that unit, forcing it to sleep and wake to try to get it over and over and it just does not happen i'm using retro-arch from nightly builds as always(I dont use the one on the playstore) and fpse with frame limiter. The unit has been tested with sxelrom 2.0 and 3.0, ncce 1 and 1.1, personal build from 1.4/1.7/2.1 in none have I had the wakeup bug apear. However if I use the NCCE .3 or Stock below 1.7(aka not built by customs) it has the wake up bug. The unit however freezes in sxelrom 2.0 randomly in a game with sound screaming and a loud pop when you force it off. It doesn't happen in 3.0 or in the NCCE ones. It happened once with stock 1.5 on metalslug 3. Other issues I find randomly are Netflix and youtube dont work well in sxelrom however lara croft game works great, in NCCE is the opposite the video apps run great but lara croft lags a bit.

In other news JXD released a USB 2.1 version flasher and recovery so I guess they sorted that out. As lomax said nothing new in the firm if you were using custom firms as everything 2.1 has is already in our roms and more. They claim to fix wakeup bug but like I said I didn't get it at all so unless someone who gets it all the time flashes 2.1 and confirms to have lessened it or (hardly) removed it all together then we cant know. Also my gyrodead(it would scroll to the left) unit now works fine with 2.1 and gyro is working. I did a file compare tool but heck i cant find any changes on that fix so maybe it magically unstuck itself lol.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

vermillion

Is the screen bug a result of sleep or deep sleep, by that i mean sleep ie screen off and woken up shortly after or deep sleep ie screen off and left for a while so the cpu sleeps.

Lomax

they did. also seems so fishy they keep claim that they fixed the screen wakeup bug, do they understand that its not the unit crashing(we fixed that ages ago...) its that the unit stutters by 2 frames... i really dont know any other way to explain it to them. also the reply on sources it was not ready?? cant they just give me the whole tarball they used to build the 2.1... im waiting see if they will give a patch or something. also it claims to load profiles without having to map them but that the unit must use pirated games available from their market, sadly I don't think that's a solution to the incompatibilities. It seems like they want to hide the flaws by offering pirated games that work only if you leave things as they are able to. last time I checked all their proposed games work on our firms, plus we have a ton more features in custom firms. Are they hinting that crashes aren't cause of hardware? cause last time i tested 2.1 stock i still freeze and crash randomly on 1 unit and other is fine so I dont buy half the things they said there(can also be lost in translation as half the things sound so weird.)

If it's not happening in one of your devices then it's hardware, and probably unfixable. For me not a big deal cos I never put to sleep.

By the way, Youtube works fine on mine on all firmwares, in fact there shouldn't any difference in video and streaming applications, because all firms use the same for youtube or video apps, even stock ones. So, those having problems with streaming is more probably a wifi issue with the unit than anything else. Seeing the crap wifi some people suffer in their device,s it's not strange at all.

My general opinion is that there is no s7300 that behave the same, I have used some jxd devices in the past, and s7300 is the most faulty and unstable in terms of hardware.
I am now using a GPD5005 that Skelton has showed me, it's same soft and hard specs than s7300 (except screen resoluion and no right analog), and it's  much faster and smoother than s7300 with no bugs at all with the firm he made for it. So I start to think that most of the issues are more hard related than soft.

Damedus (OP)

If it's not happening in one of your devices then it's hardware, and probably unfixable. For me not a big deal cos I never put to sleep.

By the way, Youtube works fine on mine on all firmwares, in fact there shouldn't any difference in video and streaming applications, because all firms use the same for youtube or video apps, even stock ones. So, those having problems with streaming is more probably a wifi issue with the unit than anything else. Seeing the crap wifi some people suffer in their device,s it's not strange at all.

My general opinion is that there is no s7300 that behave the same, I have used some jxd devices in the past, and s7300 is the most faulty and unstable in terms of hardware.
I am now using a GPD5005 that Skelton has showed me, it's same soft and hard specs than s7300 (except screen resoluion and no right analog), and it's  much faster and smoother than s7300 with no bugs at all with the firm he made for it. So I start to think that most of the issues are more hard related than soft.
most likely, since i have no issues with my white unit at all and the black one has issues. but the white one has issues when using Sx 3.0 and stock(netflix fc a lot) but not on ncce and personal builds. if my infinity played o&C i woudnt need emu tablets lol i could just play all there and mod a mobilejoy to fit the 10 incher and id be happy(yes the bigger the screen the better for me lol id take one of the new 22 inches w8 tablet coming out if they had gaming buttons on the sides.)
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

sequelaw

Uuu
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 04:05:12 am »
According to the JXD site users with sxelrom can't update to 2.1 from the company( no idea why you would want to anyways it has nothing new for us), and users updating from NCCE will be greeted to a black screen(sorry the translations are bad and vague I'm trying to get a better informed translation on the why).

Badly translated reasons:
something about partitions change and sd methods on their 2.1 cause issues.

Badly translated changelog:
update on the new MX chip compatible processing
, update the HDMI bug in processing
3 backwards HDMI update
4, update the virtual keys (individual game to open the virtual buttons will be black or exit, such as the trigger of death, monsters shooting )
V2.0-0410 update:
1, modify the system stability, crash, standby revive the problem basically solved
key mapping: to increase the value of the auto-save feature of the virtual keys, open the game automatically reads the configuration data, and no longer need to configure .
3, increase the default virtual key values ​​to the factory default the game mapping data sheet

anyone care to really translate the real thing?
http://www.661yx.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=83677&extra=page%3D1
What about the HDMI, this kernel fixed the sound on some tvs?

Lomax

My HDMI has always worked ok, so don't know. Until someone with a tv problem in hdmi test it impossible to know.

Damedus (OP)

My HDMI has always worked ok, so don't know. Until someone with a tv problem in hdmi test it impossible to know.
I think Vektor and someone else active on forums had issues with their HDMI's maybe they can test. Im with lomax mine has worked just fine on all units so I cant really test if there has been any benefit on HDMI besides the text the placed on the changelog.
~JXD 7300 Cook~
Devices:

Vektor

Their problem is that HDMI has slowdowns when running certain applications. Mine doesn't work at all. By the way I'll try ASAP if this revives my port, but I'm not optimist at all  :D

Post a new topic