Author Topic: [S7800B] KitKat Custom Firmware (Android 4.4.4)  (Read 174601 times)

knightmire

Re: [S7800B] KitKat Custom Firmware (Android 4.4.4)
« Reply #460 on: February 16, 2016, 12:02:26 am »
Looks like this board hasn't seen any action this month but since I just happened across it yesterday, I'll take a shot anyone still reads this. Long story short, I've had a 7800B for a couple years now and I think the last rom on it was the one people call "supercharged". I haven't used this device for a long time but decided to mess with it again and start with a new rom. Found this one and flashed it, applied the updates and began installing games. Love how fast it is and the device seems a lot better then I remember it, including the battery! So well done all, glad there's still interest so long after I gave up on it! :)

Now for the only problem I'm having: The touch screen is acting completely nuts. Often it will register a single touch as a swipe or even a pinch. While playing android games a touch or swipe will cause the game to zoom in and out at breakneck speeds and often open some menus as if it's touching through to the desktop. Generally after this happens a few times, I've found that the apex launcher will then crash. I've even had it do this while just on the desktop trying to move icons around. Not sure what the deal is and was unable to fix it with any of the usual android or apex options. I found that force closing apex will sometimes help, too bad I can't just remove it. Screen has been cleaned numerous times and does not seem to change anything with this behavior.

With that said, I decided to flash pogodancers rom and so far these problems have not returned though it is still a bit sensitive, but nothing like described above. Any ideas why lujji's rom is acting this way? I have an older s7800B number 01-201312-00335 and I went with the standard clocked rom to avoid heat issues or problems.
Any help appreciated and willing to try and flash again, otherwise I'll just stick with it as is.

UPDATE: Of course, 2 days after writing this I finally get to page 29 of the comments to find it's well known having it plugged in causes touch issues. Nevermind the problem above. Flashed back to this rom and toying with it now. Good stuff on both roms really! Good job pogo and lujji
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:30:38 am by knightmire »

nicole ridgway

« Reply #461 on: February 22, 2016, 01:55:38 pm »
Does this rom support ext4 formatted sd cards?
JXD S7800b Utilities driver

www.tinyurl.com/jxds7800bd

153stars

« Reply #462 on: February 23, 2016, 08:00:58 am »
FAT32 only,,,, windows only formats certain size cards to FAT32 so you need a free card checker/formater app  that will do it.
It's been posted before do a search here of google . I have no time right now I have posted link before.

DKM

« Reply #463 on: February 23, 2016, 09:17:01 am »
Hey guy I have been running this Rom for awhile on my console however today I notice this
https://youtu.be/JL0Y8RDkmRE

Is there any way to edit the buttons configuration so they can be "right"?

153stars

« Reply #464 on: February 24, 2016, 12:40:31 am »
Tincore key mapper will change buttons around it's kinda hard to at first. Pogodancers rooted still has stock keymapper. BUT some emulators have their own key mappers in them, they are easier and you can customize per game. It more goes by the game or system you are playing. Jump up , i want top button...... crouch down or pick up item, i want down ...........shoot/ fire I like right ect...

kenis

« Reply #465 on: February 24, 2016, 11:12:38 pm »

153stars

« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2016, 01:00:35 am »
I doubt you will get much help with anyone that has tried to install that controller. Is your phone on kitkat ? I would google any info on getting it to work wit other android devices. Most of the real experts on here before are gone. Here is a place with alot of info you could try to ask http://forum.xda-developers.com/ . People have gotten other controllers to work. I am assuming you didn't have to load any drivers as that's a PC thing you could try some app for android to recognize controller .

kenis

« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2016, 01:41:40 pm »
hello again, games like asphalt 8 stop de recognize controls? before appeared the joystick.

pibolou

« Reply #468 on: November 28, 2017, 02:15:05 am »
Hello,

Thank you for this great rom, but how to have the button with the map as before without tincore map because I do not like at all tincore. how to install the original mapper on this rom 4.4.4, or then the red mapper that works with the config button for the joysticks? I do not want this tincore which is too complicated for my child, those of origins are very sufficient. please how to do without changing rom again?

Thank you very much and congratulations for your very efficient work.

Greetings.

Patrice.

Gunslinger82

« Reply #469 on: June 22, 2020, 01:11:15 pm »
Hello,
I recently bought the JXD 7800 on eBay.
I have installed the latest official firmware from the manufacturer. So it's Android 4.4. on it.
Unfortunately I have the problem that the right analog stick does not work properly. The radius is wrong. The stick does not work to the right. It is also not recognized by the Playstation emulator. Hopefully you can set that with the keymapper.
Now to my question: Can I now use the batch tool to flash the custom firmware over my current firmware? I don't know anything about it. And is the problem with the right stick fixed in the custom firmware?
I am very surprised that it was not ixed in the official firmware update. Maybe it is a hardware problem and the stick is defective.
And with the CFW I only have the heavily modified version. Because all other downloads don't work.
So I would have to take this one:
[S7800B] KitKat Custom Firmware (Android 4.4.4) | Dingoonity.org - The Dingoo Community

I would be very happy to get an answer.

fonzi

« Reply #470 on: July 04, 2020, 11:59:55 pm »
Cant help you on the right analog stick issue but for working custom firmare links check this post:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/jxd-s7800b-with-android-5-1-link/msg194364/#msg194364

Post a new topic