Author Topic: [S7800B] KitKat Custom Firmware (Android 4.4.4)  (Read 149455 times)

lujji (OP)

Re: [S7800B] KitKat Custom Firmware (Android 4.4.4)
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 06:42:02 am »
Dough! I seem to have removed some services required by the market in the final build and haven't tested on my device. Sorry about that. Try now.

philenotfound

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2015, 03:16:26 pm »
Doesn't work for me on the latest ROM, market still loops endlessly. Can you put version numbers or anything on the ROM, makes it easier to find out if I'm on the latest or not...
Anyway, thanks for your work so far, this ROM looks really great!

LEVIATHANDAVID

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 04:34:14 pm »
HDMI is capped at 40 fps.... damn :o :o :o

lujji (OP)

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 05:07:40 pm »
@philenotfound - I see the problem persists. In that case I'll have to wait until I can access wifi and figure it out myself before posting any updates. It will be a few days though. If anyone wants to speed things up and knows how to use adb/terminal send me a pm.

@LEVIATHANDAVID - thanks for the input. It might be hardware after all, although other devices that use rk616 seem to work fine. As far as I know all firmwares for 7800 had incorrect framerate in hdmi.

JCelis

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »
Dough! I seem to have removed some services required by the market in the final build and haven't tested on my device. Sorry about that. Try now.

lujji .... thanks !! working well the play store

lujji (OP)

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 05:29:52 pm »
OK, so you can confirm that both play store and wireless work fine?

JCelis

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 05:40:59 pm »
OK, so you can confirm that both play store and wireless work fine?

my device no problem in wifi works fine

deformind

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 06:11:44 pm »
sorry if offtop

Which values i must change in build.prop on that ROM to change its appearance to Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300)?

philenotfound

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 08:26:29 pm »
@philenotfound - I see the problem persists. In that case I'll have to wait until I can access wifi and figure it out myself before posting any updates. It will be a few days though. If anyone wants to speed things up and knows how to use adb/terminal send me a pm.

Thank you, it works now! After i killed the Play Store App and started it again, it works now! So thank you!
I still have to flash again as i want NAND/SD swapped though.. chose the wrong one (for me) the first time

lujji (OP)

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 08:40:00 pm »
No need to flash again if you already installed a rom without swap. Only fstab needs to be altered. I can make a patch for you if you haven't flashed yet.
edit: here's a quick patch if anyone else installed a wrong rom and wants to enable swap. Place in 'quickflasher' folder and install the same way as kernels.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:10:23 pm by lujji »

153stars

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 11:31:37 pm »
Maybe you could add the patch to first post, thanks for everyone's work , nice bundleware too. Nice write up as well for those like me just getting to it
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:38:29 pm by 153stars »

death-droid

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 02:41:40 am »
What's battery like when compared with JB roms?
http://sicktechstuff.com - Android gaming tablet reviews, guides and more

lujji (OP)

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 06:38:03 pm »
Maybe you could add the patch to first post
Done. I also removed beta status. Any updates will be incremental (patches) from now on - no need to flash again.
What's battery like when compared with JB roms?
Practically the same. You'll get slightly more battery life at similar cpu frequencies with the second kernel if your device supports it.

@everyone - if you want hdmi improved, then I might be able to help, but only if someone will test and report back to me as I got nothing to test on. Feel free to contact me in case you are experienced enough to flash kernels and use adb/terminal. It will definitely not fix itself..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:40:57 pm by lujji »

snake65

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 02:45:12 am »
Been running this for a couple of days now and apart from art not working with a lot of games it runs beautiful.
Good job lujji.

indee waab waab

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 12:19:01 pm »
many thanks lujji really apreciate all developers work and effort. i have yet to start using my device (waiting for a decent mains charger to arrive)  and this is the rom ive been waiting for so it will also be my first ever rom flash.  ive been reading alot and learning fast so im fairly confident i now have the right drivers / tools and knowledge. the only thing  that still confuses me is the swap everyone does with internal and external SD (why its done , how its done etc) im sure its pretty simple i just cant find a BASIC enough explanation  and guidence when searching through forums. i have a 16gb model and will be using a (fat32 formatted) 64gb sandisc SD i think i understand that this rom will do the swap for me i just dont understand the division preportions and how to set it up etc for my needs.. can anyone be good enough to provide a link that gives a basic explanation and 'how to' or take a bit of time to describe?

can i also just clarify that it is ok to go straight from my stock jellybean rom to this kitkat rom or do i need to flash to convert the jellybean 'loader?' to the updated kitkat 'loader?' first and then flash this rom. not sure if loader is the right term but you guys know what im getting at haha

thanks

darklight1138

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 09:13:37 pm »
Been running this for a couple of days now and apart from art not working with a lot of games it runs beautiful.
Good job lujji.

What do you mean by "art" not working?
GP2X Wiz
GPH Caanoo
Yinlips YDPG16
JXD S7800b (WebClaw 116.5 ROM)
Sony PSP-3000

deysmacro

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 10:42:54 pm »
Yeah. Not enough information.

snake65

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 01:03:30 am »
 You know what davlik is I assume ......well its another form in developer options, supposed to make the system a bit snappier in KitKat but some apps are not compatible.

153stars

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 03:30:20 am »
many thanks lujji really apreciate all developers work and effort. i have yet to start using my device (waiting for a decent mains charger to arrive)  and this is the rom ive been waiting for so it will also be my first ever rom flash.  ive been reading alot and learning fast so im fairly confident i now have the right drivers / tools and knowledge. the only thing  that still confuses me is the swap everyone does with internal and external SD (why its done , how its done etc) im sure its pretty simple i just cant find a BASIC enough explanation  and guidence when searching through forums. i have a 16gb model and will be using a (fat32 formatted) 64gb sandisc SD i think i understand that this rom will do the swap for me i just dont understand the division preportions and how to set it up etc for my needs.. can anyone be good enough to provide a link that gives a basic explanation and 'how to' or take a bit of time to describe?

can i also just clarify that it is ok to go straight from my stock jellybean rom to this kitkat rom or do i need to flash to convert the jellybean 'loader?' to the updated kitkat 'loader?' first and then flash this rom. not sure if loader is the right term but you guys know what im getting at haha

thanks
Download it unzip file and open explaination pdf. Download rk batch tool .I did three times until an english version opened first iguess I'm too dumb to figure how to do it there's an english chinese file in every one. I wish there was a english utube video threr are no talk and spanish ones
EDIT The directions are in pogodancer stock rooted version at top of main page lujji included
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:05:35 pm by 153stars »

lujji (OP)

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2015, 08:08:12 am »
Glad to hear that. Art isn't very useful in KK in my opinion
the only thing  that still confuses me is the swap everyone does with internal and external SD (why its done , how its done etc)
most games store cache on internal sd (/mnt/sdcard) - you can swap it with your external sd if you run out of space.
can i also just clarify that it is ok to go straight from my stock jellybean rom to this kitkat rom
Yeap. Although I'd suggest sticking with stock for a while at first.

First update is out. Download link:
Update 1.1
Install via quickflasher.
Changes:
- battery indication calibrated (reported voltage is now correct)
- added firmware version number
- updated quickflasher packages (default and oc)