I know that this device is old, but I also know that there are many people who own it nowadays and since 2014 we hope a firmware update that goes after Android KitKat 4.4.4.
I read here on the Dingoonity forum that there are people that want to pay to have a firmware update.
For a few days I trake this masterpiece back in my hand, and I am trying to bring it back to life, but my knowledge is not enough to do it.
I'm sure you'll read this message and we can join forces to resurrect our JXD S7800B and make it a BEAST.
In nowadays, I believe that there is the necessary knowledge to realize the desire of so many people, if among you there is any HERO who wants to contribute please reply or contact me on TELEGRAM :@RainDroidCD
I'll give you all the information I've acquired so far. ANDROID LOLLIPOP 5.1.1
- I found on YouTube a video of a Russian guy who managed to mount a CyanogenMod 12 ROM based on Android 5.1.1, but I can not contact him to ask how he did it
- pausing the video when it shows the device information I noticed the inscription " CM on rk31board"
- searching for "CM rk31board" on Google and after long research I found out that in 2015 a group of modders called Crew RKTablets, in particular, a developer named OMA7144 had managed to bring the CM 12 on Chuwi V88, a tablet device that like the JXD s7800B mounts a processor RockChip RK3188 http://web.archive.org/web/20170817081537/http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=5668
- my knowledge is not enough to create a ROM porting and I could not flash it in my JXD S7800B, but I think the Russian guy who posted that video on YouTube succeeded ANDROID NOUGAT 7.1.2
- looking for various Android versions for our RK3188 processor I found that there is a device for cars named PX3 with Android that mounts the same processor
- looking for various ROMs For this device I discover that they managed to bring Android Nougat 7.1.1 on it
I ask at the most experienced: is it possible to do the miracle by creating a ROM with the knowledge of 2019/20 based on one of the two Android versions sources?
I'm sure a lot of people would be grateful. Thank you for reading. I remind you to contact me on Telegram for anything: @RainDroidCD